Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game needs serious fixes/reforms.

2»

Comments

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,886Member

Tell you what?
    I’m not one of the leftists who like to beat the living horse to death or the rightists who praise their Satan Overlord, the best thing would be to just wait and see what they will do, normally give neutral feedback, little complaints in between, some constructive criticism, some praises maybe...

The original post was constructive, a bit much on the knife’s edge maybe, but I think it will only make the devs more considerate, especially for the amount of people who agree with it

As a developer, I expect it to be easy for the devs to add one object a week, an event or two every month, and a new biome per year, taking this in mind, being them, I could have released an android version back in 2016, hell, I’d be almost done with an Xbox One version by now... but I understand that maybe they don’t have the motivation, they have been working on the same game for 6 years, I know how boring it gets, and sometimes even repelling from Development... let’s just hope for the best.

Maybe not a biome per year, but sure.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 4,065Member

Tell you what?
    I’m not one of the leftists who like to beat the living horse to death or the rightists who praise their Satan Overlord, the best thing would be to just wait and see what they will do, normally give neutral feedback, little complaints in between, some constructive criticism, some praises maybe...

The original post was constructive, a bit much on the knife’s edge maybe, but I think it will only make the devs more considerate, especially for the amount of people who agree with it

As a developer, I expect it to be easy for the devs to add one object a week, an event or two every month, and a new biome per year, taking this in mind, being them, I could have released an android version back in 2016, hell, I’d be almost done with an Xbox One version by now... but I understand that maybe they don’t have the motivation, they have been working on the same game for 6 years, I know how boring it gets, and sometimes even repelling from Development... let’s just hope for the best.

I think a year and 3 monthes would’ve been more accurate then

Tell you what?

Eh, the list can’t hold that

Tell you what?

How hard can making a new biome be? Getting an artist to make a ground tile, probably a new background too, thinking of a new world machine, or maybe not, just stick with the classic purifier, perhaps some of the new items they release would be items for that biome, some bug testing... I wouldn’t take more than 10 monthes, an hour a day except fridays, to finish this

Tell you what?

How hard can making a new biome be? Getting an artist to make a ground tile, probably a new background too, thinking of a new world machine, or maybe not, just stick with the classic purifier, perhaps some of the new items they release would be items for that biome, some bug testing... I wouldn’t take more than 10 monthes, an hour a day except fridays, to finish this
    I mean the biome list. There's only that small area to put biomes, and without a mouse, making the other biomes smaller wouldn't work out. Maybe just... stick with the normal ones for now, and every four years a new one will be added.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersPosts: 651Member

Tell you what?

I mean the biome list. There's only that small area to put biomes, and without a mouse, making the other biomes smaller wouldn't work out. Maybe just... stick with the normal ones for now, and every four years a new one will be added.
    Every four years damn you know how to kill a fanbase
    Debator said:

Tell you what?

Four years is the average time for something to be released on Deepworld.
  • JakeTDJakeTD Posts: 1,371Member
    someone had to say it, took too long, but someone finally said it. It was either you or me buddy.
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    edited February 2018

@JusticeGaming completely TL;DR but an off topic question, aren’t you that guy that abused your editing powers on codex to show you as an admin even thought you aren’t?

Don't know why people keep asking this, but no, I didn't, I did edit it to correctly make admins and developers two separate categories, but didn't place my name in either place, so no. If you mean the side bar of people who edited then technically yes, but the system auto does that after an edit.
    Actually, this is not what happened. JusticeGaming did in fact add himself as an admin on the page about developers. It was one of the main reasons why his codex editing privileges were revoked.

ETA: It was NOT just that his name appeared in the sidebar as a person who edited the page. He deliberately added his name to the page itself.

• IusedtoplaythisIusedtoplaythis S͓̽o͓̽u͓̽t͓̽h͓̽ B͓̽r͓̽o͓̽w͓̽n͓̽ T͓̽o͓̽w͓̽n͓̽Posts: 27Member

Tell you what?

As a developer, I expect it to be easy for the devs to add one object a week, an event or two every month, and a new biome per year, taking this in mind, being them, I could have released an android version back in 2016, hell, I’d be almost done with an Xbox One version by now... but I understand that maybe they don’t have the motivation, they have been working on the same game for 6 years, I kow how boring it gets, and sometimes even repelling from Development... let’s just hope for the best.

Honestly adding new objects every week would be a bit overwhelming. People would be just beginning to figure out all the uses of one thing when another thing comes . Plus, after adding enough stuff it could be hard to get new ideas. I know Deepworld has many things that need to be added but after a few months there wouldn't be many new ideas.
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Posts: 706Member, Arbiter

Debator said:

Tell you what?

Four years is the average time for something to be released on Deepworld.
    Four years does indeed seem to be the average waiting for this game. The point many people on this thread are trying to get across is that it doesn't have to be.

If the reason for no new biomes is that the tab list will get too long, then I'm sorry that's plainly not good enough (particularly since PC users don't even have a space biome tab yet, and I have to rely on other people finding the new space worlds before I can join). Most veteran players can chew through new content within the month, and on an optimistic forecast it would keep them preoccupied for 6 months. A new biome every year is not only reasonable (particularly if it only involves cosmetic changes, we're not asking for the ocean biome here), it's necessary to keep a steady fanbase. I'm not privvy to figures but following my spending habits and that of my friends, revenue sharply increases upon the release of new biomes/ rares in exclusive worlds.

Having said that, as with Brainstorm right now I'm on the 'anything is good right now' boat. I'm hanging around and optimistic and will watch the game's performance for this year. Mike has promised some great things and I do believe he can achieve them. He also hinted about a new biome from memory?

My main gripe is just on the level of communication we get. No coding is involved in saying hello a couple of times per week.

Tell you what?

As a developer, I expect it to be easy for the devs to add one object a week, an event or two every month, and a new biome per year, taking this in mind, being them, I could have released an android version back in 2016, hell, I’d be almost done with an Xbox One version by now... but I understand that maybe they don’t have the motivation, they have been working on the same game for 6 years, I kow how boring it gets, and sometimes even repelling from Development... let’s just hope for the best.

Honestly adding new objects every week would be a bit overwhelming. People would be just beginning to figure out all the uses of one thing when another thing comes . Plus, after adding enough stuff it could be hard to get new ideas. I know Deepworld has many things that need to be added but after a few months there wouldn't be many new ideas.
    By “objects” though, I mean general game elements, like a new Rare, a building block, a mob, even the tiniest clothing item in the closet or the littlest quest... won’t be too hard to keep up a one object per week diet for years to come
    Sixkvuf said:

True

"Where's the spam report button"