Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld API / Protocol

DerpyDerpDerpyDerp BadDev#4290Posts: 49Member
Hello,

I've been in Java development for quite a while now and i was wondering if there is any documentation on the Deepworld protocol / api.
If this is against ToS, i will quit immediately doing research on it.

Thanks,
Stijn

Comments

• DerpyDerpDerpyDerp BadDev#4290Posts: 49Member
    Update:

More looking into a protocol, not API since i have already found that one.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,948Member
    http://www.deepworldgame.com/pages/api

You can use a json parser like json-simple or gson for this.
    I don't think it's against the ToS to use the API.
    Not really looking for an API anymore, just looking for the protocol.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,366Member, Administrator
    DerpyDerp said:

Hello,

I've been in Java development for quite a while now and i was wondering if there is any documentation on the Deepworld protocol / api.

Thanks,
    Stijn

The API is the only "publicly available" interface. Our server protocol is proprietary (and it would be a nightmare to try and use anyway, haha.)

DerpyDerp said:

Hello,

Thanks,
    Stijn

The API is the only "publicly available" interface. Our server protocol is proprietary (and it would be a nightmare to try and use anyway, haha.)
    So it is against ToS to reverse engineer it? :smiley:
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,948Member
    DerpyDerp said:

DerpyDerp said:

Hello,

Thanks,
    Stijn

In some cases it's actually illegal. I'm not sure about Deepworld though.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresPosts: 726Member
    DerpyDerp said:

DerpyDerp said:

Hello,

Thanks,
    Stijn

The information is only available to Bytebin.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,366Member, Administrator
    DerpyDerp said:

DerpyDerp said:

Hello,

Thanks,
    Stijn

Ha. Yeah, sorry. It’s complex, and tampering could lead to unforeseen problems.
  • MemesterDeemsterMemesterDeemster Making Memes in AntarticaPosts: 32Member
    Woah, Im interested :open_mouth:

DerpyDerp said:

DerpyDerp said:

Hello,

Thanks,
    Stijn

Ha. Yeah, sorry. It’s complex, and tampering could lead to unforeseen problems.
    Yeah, i've noticed. At first i thought it was encrypted but it just seems to be really complex.
  • LavaWareLavaWare Posts: 388Member
    This is some cool stuff.
  • LavaWareLavaWare Posts: 388Member
    This is awesome dude, I'm exploring the information about my worlds and stuff like that. I can see the server stuff and everything, thank you for teaching me something new.
  • jellysnakejellysnake http://jellysnake.net/Posts: 6,329Member
    edited February 9

It likely is also encrypted. At least I severely hope it's encrypted because the alternative is security by obfuscation which is questionable at best.

It likely is also encrypted. At least I severely hope it's encrypted because the alternative is security by obfuscation which is questionable at best.

It isn't encrypted, just custom so its hard to make out which part does what.
  • FishbotFishbot A strange place that I don't know how I got in.Posts: 265Member
    what does api mean
    Fishbot said:

what does api mean

Application Programming Interface