Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help in school

Comments

• Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Posts: 953Member
    @Raze your school has blocked deepworld. If you feel it is really necessary you play, download a vpn and that should do the trick.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 4,058Member

Debator said:

Chicken said:

Detech said:

I never play DW in school

That’s good. School is for learning, not playing games. @Raze you need to play deepworld at HOME. Your school is probably blocking games. I know some do.
    no school is bullshit and it's one of the worst things to exist in human history
    tell that to africa lol
    children in africa should be glad they can't go to school
    I’m here in Africa, specifically Egypt, lots of schools here
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,942Member

@Raze your school has blocked deepworld. If you feel it is really necessary you play, download a vpn and that should do the trick.

did you even bother to read all the previous comments?
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesPosts: 3,123Member

Chicken said:

Detech said:

That’s good. School is for learning, not playing games. @Raze you need to play deepworld at HOME. Your school is probably blocking games. I know some do.
    no school is bullshit and it's one of the worst things to exist in human history
    Yes and no.
    It's my personal belief that school is more or less necessary up until about grade 8/9 (in Australia anyway, idk how many year levels other countries have but we have 12).
    After grade 9, you're 15 years old and... have probably gotten sick of school and are starting to find the information being given to you either repetitive or useless.
    You're looking at potentially getting a job, moving out, starting a family and all that within the next 5-10 years and yet you're stuck there learning about the finer points of poetry instead of learning things that will help you in the "real world" as teachers like to call it.
    Up until that point however, they have taught you basic logic and mathematics as well as hopefully more or less proper grammarz, which are both important tbh.
    School isn't useless and a waste of time certainly, but a lot of the time it gets turned into a giant daycare for children aged 15-18
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,871Member
    Multarix said:

Chicken said:

Detech said:

Yes and no.
    It's my personal belief that school is more or less necessary up until about grade 8/9 (in Australia anyway, idk how many year levels other countries have but we have 12).
    After grade 9, you're 15 years old and... have probably gotten sick of school and are starting to find the information being given to you either repetitive or useless.
    You're looking at potentially getting a job, moving out, starting a family and all that within the next 5-10 years and yet you're stuck there learning about the finer points of poetry instead of learning things that will help you in the "real world" as teachers like to call it.
    Up until that point however, they have taught you basic logic and mathematics as well as hopefully more or less proper grammarz, which are both important tbh.
    School isn't useless and a waste of time certainly, but a lot of the time it gets turned into a giant daycare for children aged 15-18
    Agreed. Why not earn how to open bank accounts or how to file a lawsuit instead of how to analyze poetry?
  • RazeRaze Posts: 190Member
    Ummm guys if you use vpn the network will detact it. I have tried.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,942Member

Multarix said:

Chicken said:

Detech said:

Yes and no.
    Agreed. Why not earn how to open bank accounts or how to file a lawsuit instead of how to analyze poetry?
    The real important things they should teach children at school is how to use google.
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 1,368Member
    Raze said:

Ummm guys if you use vpn the network will detact it. I have tried.

Then don’t play at school.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesPosts: 3,123Member

Multarix said:

Chicken said:

Detech said:

Yes and no.
    Because teachers are among the laziest people, they refuse to change the school curriculum because "It'd be too much work to learn something to teach kids how to do it, it's easier to stick to the pre-defined curriculum that hasn't been changed for the last 25 years"

Idk about you but a 25 year old curriculum is extremely outdated lol, Hell even a 5 year old curriculum is outdated.
    Multarix said:

Multarix said:

Chicken said:

Detech said:

Yes and no.
    Because teachers are among the laziest people, they refuse to change the school curriculum because "It'd be too much work to learn something to teach kids how to do it, it's easier to stick to the pre-defined curriculum that hasn't been changed for the last 25 years"

Idk about you but a 25 year old curriculum is extremely outdated lol, Hell even a 5 year old curriculum is outdated.
    “Opeeen up your teeeextboooks to paaage 65...”
    “But why can’t we use the online one?”
    “Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh toooo much wooooork”
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Posts: 1,003Member
    edited March 2018

“Opeeen up your teeeextboooks to paaage 65...”
    “But why can’t we use the online one?”
    “Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh toooo much wooooork”
    x3..
    My teacher lets me use the textbooks or the books online... :p
    Edit: 0.0 why is it messed up?!?1
    Teachers: we're always 1 step ahead of the students when it comes to computers
    Students: lol what, do you even know what a cpu is
    Teachers: yearh it's the big box thing at the bottom of the computer
    Students: no that's the psu
    Teachers: what's a psu that's not a computer part
    Multarix said:

Teachers: we're always 1 step ahead of the students when it comes to computers
    Students: lol what, do you even know what a cpu is
    Teachers: yearh it's the big box thing at the bottom of the computer
    Students: no that's the psu
    Teachers: what's a psu that's not a computer part

Isn’t Google a number?
    edited March 2018
    No, that's a Googol
    But teachers will tell you that google is a number and the search engine used the number to represent the amount of results you could get out of searching... despite the fact they have different spelling.

In reality it's because the original creator accidently mispelled googol, because his friend had suggested the name googolplex and thought the shorter name sounded better, and then the fact it also represented what the engine would do. Not specifically because of the amount of results, but because the engine was searching through an incredible amount of websites. You could search something that gets you 4 results but google still had to search it's database for those results.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersPosts: 651Member
    Multarix said:

Multarix said:

Chicken said:

Detech said:

Yes and no.

Thats a gross oversimplification of the problems teachers face when trying to edit curriculums and such.
    My step-father is a math teacher, and has given me great insight on how it tough it is to change stuff. Teachers often want to change the lessons, but national rules go against that.
    also, in The Netherlands we don't have pre defined curriculum. Don't blame the teachers, blame overlying systems that ruin the job for teachers
    Even still, the teacher gets to decide HOW it's taught and they all follow the same crap way that's basically hand the student a text book and expect them to work through it.
    Teachers also very much do have the power to change the curriculum here, but they repeat the same thing every year because they would rather do that then change any of the stuff, it's also possible to alert the education department that their curriculum is no longer relevant, but they refuse to change the core curriculum of what MUST be taught because again they're too lazy. That whole job line is some of the laziest people in the world and they complain about their pay when they're repetitively teaching the same thing.
    edited March 2018
    Don’t know about you guys, but the lessons and curriculums here in Egypt are edited on a yearly basis, and here in our school, we have smartboards in each class with internet to teach us

Don’t know about you guys, but the lessons and curriculums here in Egypt are edited on a yearly basis, and here in our school, we have smartboards in each class with internet to teach us

My classes have smartboards as well, but they’re only used in the place of a textbook.
    edited March 2018
    the only "smart" board we had was the one we wrote jokes on
    Multarix said:

Even still, the teacher gets to decide HOW it's taught and they all follow the same crap way that's basically hand the student a text book and expect them to work through it.
    Teachers also very much do have the power to change the curriculum here, but they repeat the same thing every year because they would rather do that then change any of the stuff, it's also possible to alert the education department that their curriculum is no longer relevant, but they refuse to change the core curriculum of what MUST be taught because again they're too lazy. That whole job line is some of the laziest people in the world and they complain about their pay when they're repetitively teaching the same thing.

I think this is more a problem with teachers in your country, not of teachers themselves.
    Being a teacher is one of the most respectable and heavy jobs I can think of, and to say all teachers are lazy is just not true.

Wait you live in egypt?
    Raze said:

Wait you live in egypt?
    Pfft, who DOESN'T live in Egypt?

Raze said:

Wait you live in egypt?
    Almost everyone
    Debator said:

Multarix said:

I think this is more a problem with teachers in your country, not of teachers themselves.
    Being a teacher is one of the most respectable and heavy jobs I can think of, and to say all teachers are lazy is just not true.
    Hey I'm not saying all teachers in all countries are bad, but where I am, teachers are some of the laziest people I have ever seen and I've yet to find one that actually goes out of their way to make sure they teach in a format that allows each student to grasp and understand the concepts, as well as change a curriculum based on what the students feel is nessecary. The joke is that to become a teacher you only really need average understanding of basic maths and english to qualify for the degree in teaching...
    Raze said:

Wait you live in egypt?
    Is there a problem? -stares with one eye-

Raze said:

Wait you live in egypt?
    He just wants to see the sphinx, that’s all...
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Posts: 953Member

did you even bother to read all the previous comments?
    Did you bother to ask yourself if I cared or not?
    Multarix said:

Raze said:

Wait you live in egypt?
    Almost everyone
    Debator said:

Multarix said:

Hey I'm not saying all teachers in all countries are bad, but where I am, teachers are some of the laziest people I have ever seen and I've yet to find one that actually goes out of their way to make sure they teach in a format that allows each student to grasp and understand the concepts, as well as change a curriculum based on what the students feel is nessecary. The joke is that to become a teacher you only really need average understanding of basic maths and english to qualify for the degree in teaching...
    In the Netherlands you need a master'sdegree to teach any course in higher education, so that might be the key difference here
    The other difference is that it's normally about 30+ years before they update the curriculum.
    Wanna know what our IT studies involves?
    Basic word processing and excel spreadsheets. Nothing else. Hell it's so basic that we had the schools music teacher to teach us.

Yet I've heard of private schools, where they're allowed to create their own curriculums, they go full into computers, disassembling them, re-building, installing OS's, coding and everything else. Gotta love the Aussie government where they teach students nothing to do with computers even though the future is literally computers.

Raze said:

Wait you live in egypt?
    I live in egypt too!
    Raze said:

Raze said:

Wait you live in egypt?
    I live in egypt too!
    Cool. So are you Egyptian?