Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

COMPETITION: Space Spawn

Comments

• ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Plastic BeachMember Posts: 219
    Oh this is more exciting
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,793

Oh this is more exciting

Guys, please respond to the last post on the previous page.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!
  • RazeRaze Member Posts: 179
    Detech said:

We need a new judge.
    Anyone wants to take part?

Detech i want to be a judge.
    Raze said:

Detech said:

We need a new judge.
    Anyone wants to take part?

Detech i want to be a judge.
    It's too late. all the results are done.
    Please help judge the last post on page 10. LIKE or AGREE.
    edited April 2
    O MY!!! WE CANNOT HAVE A TIE!!!!

Guys please LIKE or AGREE with the last post on page 11
    http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27460/competition-space-spawn/p11

Untitled-1.jpg
    674 x 498 - 144K
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 708
    I agree because it’s more presice
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 987
    I agreed too.
    Anything else we need to do?
    edited April 2
    Lilyabc said:

I agreed too.
    Anything else we need to do?

Now we just wait! :)
    Just that post matters now.
    edited April 2
    1 hour till we decide who the winner is!
    Post edited by Detech on
    edited April 2
    What am I voting for
    Edit: I don’t understand what this judging process is, the other comp went so much smoother what’s going on here
    edited April 2

What am I voting for

We are deciding if we want to use all marks by the judges, or leave out lowest and highest mark. :)
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    @Detech, I have an important question about the judge results that should help decide whether to change the judging method or not. Had you received all of the judges scores before publicly suggesting the alternative method?

If you had already received all the scores, then don't change the method. It would look suspiscious and even though I trust you, you would be open to accusations of tampering with the results.

If you hadn't received all of the scores then the alternative judging method is the way to go - it gives a closer representation of all the judges and removes bias. The vote is currently 6:3 in favour.
    AMWhy said:

@Detech, I have an important question about the judge results that should help decide whether to change the judging method or not. Had you received all of the judges scores before publicly suggesting the alternative method?

If you had already received all the scores, then don't change the method. It would look suspiscious and even though I trust you, you would be open to accusations of tampering with the results.

If you hadn't received all of the scores then the alternative judging method is the way to go - it gives a closer representation of all the judges and removes bias. The vote is currently 6:3 in favour.

Hey AMWhy. I received results from MOFC this morning and Magical and Emma had to rejudge stuff so I received their final scores last night.

I think I talked to you about the method before that.
    I asked about it on the forum just to see what people actually want. This way it's not my responsibility for changing things up, at least not all mine. :)
    HERE ARE THE RESULTS!!!

SCORES!
    P.S. Red marks don't count.
    Judging FINAL 2.jpg
    1287 x 804 - 1M
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,697
    Who won?
    edited April 3
    @mikelaurence
    Dear Mike, please award our top 3 contestants!
    We hope to see some of these entries in space! :)
    the world where the entries are is called: SPACE SPAWN

1st PLACE
    22. Arcane

2nd PLACE
    16. FlynnXD

3rd PLACE
    61. racerdog

4th PLACE
    14. IronManArcher

5th PLACE
    25. Retta

6th PLACE
    44. Sir_Adder

7th PLACE
    35. Bastian7

8th PLACE
    90. Jack.

9th PLACE
    8. Shadowreal

10th PLACE
    6. E.P.I.C.

11th PLACE
    74. pinky75

12th PLACE
    82. Jopjop15

13th PLACE
    60. TealHyena

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS!!!

And lets give another HUGE thanks to our Sponsors!!!
    @LLMMZZ
    @RiptideTD
    @izpenguin
    @.Solar.
    @Racerdog
    @Arcane
    @Android2.0
    @detech
    @Zackywacko
    @Waldo
    @Phexy
    @Azergos
    @MisterMonday
    @Leela
    @Shadowreal
    @Vhm20

And our wonderful Judges:
    @AMWhy
    @Lilyabc
    @Mofc1991
    @Izepenguin
    @Vinnie_LaJoya
    @detech

Was fun!!!

PRIZES CAN BE PICKED UP AT MOUNT WISDOM AND FROM DETECH
    GG! Though, @ArcanGrave , I think that’s copyrighted
  • TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 707
    edited April 3
    Great job all!

(Welcome to the club @ArcanGrave !)
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,229
    edited April 3
    As usual, judging has left us with unexpected results. Congratulations, Arcane, you're one of the good builders in this time of deepworld, and I hope winning this encouraged you to continue being so.

I went through my scores, some parts are weird lol. For instance, I dunno why I got 8's for usability, cause player can literally open a trapdoor below them after spawning to get out and 6's for space look XD. Looking at the differences in the scores, it's just a few decimals, and these small points might have made the change. But then again, I see hikes like this in many other's scores as well.

I'm disappointed for sure, hehe, because, having played the game for four years now with building being the only thing I've ever done, I thought this would finally be the day :P... Regardless, it was a fun competition and I got to see various building styles, so that was fun, and thanks to all the judges who took the time for fairly judging the entries.
    Does fourth get a prize?
    FlynnXD said:

As usual, judging has left us with unexpected results. Congratulations, Arcane, you're one of the good builders in this time of deepworld, and I hope winning this encouraged you to continue being so.

I went through my scores, some parts are weird lol. For instance, I dunno why I got 8's for usability, cause player can literally open a trapdoor below them after spawning to get out and 6's for space look XD. Looking at the differences in the scores, it's just a few decimals, and these small points might have made the change. But then again, I see hikes like this in many other's scores as well.

I'm disappointed for sure, hehe, because, having played the game for four years now with building being the only thing I've ever done, I thought this would finally be the day :P... Regardless, it was a fun competition and I got to see various building styles, so that was fun, and thanks to all the judges who took the time for fairly judging the entries.

Hey Flynn, I've never done competitions before and tried to make this as fair as possible by making 4 scores for each entry. We had three judges leave us during the whole process and I asked some judges to rejudge because of what you talked about. At the end it was more of "looking for judges" rather than "picking them". But the last two judges that agreed to help out last minute were pretty awesome, I thank them for saving the situation!

The whole competition took a lot of time and emotion, starting from people making entries and not reading the rules and ending with the judging going pretty hectic.

I personally liked three entries the most in this competition, yours was one of them and I thought it would be between you and IronManArcher. With every judges entry the results changed drastically, so at some point I gave up on trying to predict where it is going to go.

In any case, congratulations!!! you got 2nd place out of 100+ contestants!
    Hope to see more wonderful builds from you!!!

• LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 987
    Congrats all winners! Sadly I didn’t make it.... I was busy with a project. But congrats!
  • ArcanGraveArcanGrave ArcanGroveMember Posts: 273
    In all honesty, I didn't think I'd win against @IronManArcher 's crashed ship. If I was one of the judges, I'm pretty sure that was an easy pick.

But thank you, judges for judging fairly and thank you @Detech for giving all your time and effort for the competition you hosted. I deeply appreciate everything you did just for the competition.

thank you, everyone *bows

• AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    Congratulations to all the winners!
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,229
    Yea, I understand Detech. You did your best at managing this competition with all the fluctuations in judging that occurred. I also want to thank the sponsors, because there were quite good prizes making it somewhat consoling for the runner ups as well. Gratz to all winners. Good competition, guys.
    Awh I was rooting for ya @IronManArcher gg @ArcanGrave nice build
    Thanks everybody! I honestly didn’t think I’d place at all, or get to the finals

Thanks everybody! I honestly didn’t think I’d place at all, or get to the finals

You entry was one of my favourite. I hope it gets used in game. It actually feels like u survived a crash, or teleported to an old spaceship crash site.

@IronManArcher @Sir_Adder and @Jopjop15 please pick up your prizes at Mount Wisdom.
    You can mine them anytime.
    Detech said:

You entry was one of my favourite. I hope it gets used in game. It actually feels like u survived a crash, or teleported to an old spaceship crash site.

@IronManArcher @Sir_Adder and @Jopjop15 please pick up your prizes at Mount Wisdom.
    You can mine them anytime.
    Thanks!
    Reposting this for Mike one more time:
    @mikelaurence
    Dear Mike, please award our top 3 contestants!
    We hope to see some of these entries in space! :)
    the world where the entries are is called: SPACE SPAWN

1st PLACE
    22. Arcane

2nd PLACE
    16. FlynnXD

3rd PLACE
    61. racerdog

4th PLACE
    14. IronManArcher

5th PLACE
    25. Retta

6th PLACE