Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

RACE CITY

Comments

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,755
    mofc1991 said:

I’m starting today but I would like to know what you think of my caves idea

Please keep in mind that people could just shovel through your racetrack at the moment. :)
    FF314843-1791-46FD-AF75-F2F9B4C83856.jpeg
    1725 x 1226 - 3M
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 982
    Detech said:

Rich people of deepworld.
    Race City looking for sponsors!

We plan to have regular and PVP races.
    Beside's mikes prizes, we pan to have an onyx for 1st places and something for 2nd and third.

We could host races maybe once a week and maybe have s championship once a month for everyone who made it to the top three spots during the month.

This would be great, but is pretty expensive
    8-16 onyx per month is quite alot for us to manage.

-maybe we could have sponsored games, once we get something in the prize pool, we run games.

These are my thoughts. Any suggestions?

Maybe at the end of the year you can have one major race. Where all the winners each month compete? Idk.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,682
    Thanks @racerdog for moving your stuff. Gotta get those big fire pumps!
    Lilyabc said:

Detech said:

Rich people of deepworld.
    Race City looking for sponsors!

We plan to have regular and PVP races.
    Beside's mikes prizes, we pan to have an onyx for 1st places and something for 2nd and third.

We could host races maybe once a week and maybe have s championship once a month for everyone who made it to the top three spots during the month.

This would be great, but is pretty expensive
    8-16 onyx per month is quite alot for us to manage.

-maybe we could have sponsored games, once we get something in the prize pool, we run games.

These are my thoughts. Any suggestions?

Maybe at the end of the year you can have one major race. Where all the winners each month compete? Idk.
    And each 10 years we will have a race for all the winners of yearly races? lol
    But for now, we need to focus on finishing the actual racetrack!
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 412
    Do you ever feel like a construction supervisor, trying to get project finished by the deadline or before the budget runs out? ...lol
    Bastian7 said:

Do you ever feel like a construction supervisor, trying to get project finished by the deadline or before the budget runs out? ...lol

Lol there are no deadlines for builders, but I hope we can get this finished by the end of the month. :)
    I am actually starting to get super excited seeing all the different builds from great builders of deepworld!
    The racetrack is slowly coming together and I am just now starting to realize what a great project this was! Glad Arcane and Racerdog took me up on this, would of been impossible to do this on my own.

I am just a bit worried that no one has donated anything for prizes. Especially when I look back at what happened with the building contest I hosted with Izpeneguin... Not sure why.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 412
    I’m sure once Race City opens, players will open their wallets esp. if u put their name on a plaque somewhere in Race City.
    edited June 7
    Racetrack Progress report:

WEEK 3
    Stage 01 - @detech - 90% complete
    Stage 02 - @Everywhen - 20%
    Stage 03 - @RiptideTD - 10%
    Stage 04 - @detech - 20%
    Stage 05 - @detech - 30%
    Stage 06 - @racerdog - 80%
    Stage 07 - @Bastian7 - 20%
    Stage 08 - @IronManArcher - 70%
    Stage 09 - @mofc1991 - 70%
    Stage 10 - @TealHyena - 20%
    Stage 11 - @fredwardthegreat - 10%
    Stage 12 - @PIPTR0 - 20%
    Stage 13 - @FlynnXD - 5%
    Stage 14 - @ArcanGrave - 0%
    Stage 15 - @racerdog - 80%

Total racetrack progress: 36.3%

The racetrack is so big, It's going to be a marathon!
    Though some parts, like @IronManArcher 's take about 10 seconds to go through haha

P.S. The areas are now finalized and I will be linking them up to the score area, so no more builders for now.
    P.S.S. Once the track is operational and we host a few races, we might add new areas to the track!
    Detech said:

Though some parts, like @IronManArcher 's take about 10 seconds to go through haha

If you aren’t cooked alive, that is.

Detech said:

When your flying by so quick, the turrets don't damage you that much. Most of them miss.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,077
    Detech said:

Detech said:

When your flying by so quick, the turrets don't damage you that much. Most of them miss.
    Unless you’re coming second and fly into the chaos caused by first place
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,229
    I can use a suppressor in my part of the track right? No parkour stuff, just eliminating air travel in that stretch so that I can make them travel a fixed path.
    FlynnXD said:

I can use a suppressor in my part of the track right? No parkour stuff, just eliminating air travel in that stretch so that I can make them travel a fixed path.

You can use suppressors and bomb suppressors are welcome as well.
    You can make parkour as well, but please make alternative paths for people who can’t do the parkour. Make it so ppl decide if they wanna do parkour, or spend a little more time on a safer path.
    @IronManArcher please remove this pro, I need to link this transition to the score room and place a checkpoint and my pro there.image
    165FFB3D-5D13-4CF5-834C-018C8897C2FC.jpeg
    1559 x 833 - 2M
    Detech said:

@IronManArcher please remove this pro, I need to link this transition to the score room and place a checkpoint and my pro there.image

Huh, I thought I already did. But ok
    GOOD NEWS!

Two more great builders: Bleak and Amenazzy have joined the cause!

Bad news:
    - it took me over 2 hours to link up all the checkpoints to the score room, and now the order is all messed up.
    - I am 2 checkpoints short :(
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Member Posts: 982
    I'm excited to do this race course thing. Is there an estimated time that the whole course will be finished?
    Lilyabc said:

I'm excited to do this race course thing. Is there an estimated time that the whole course will be finished?

I would love it to be finished by the end of the month. But this does not depend on me alone.
    edited June 8

WEEK 3.5
    Stage 01 - @detech - 90% complete
    Stage 03 - @RiptideTD - 20%
    Stage 04 - @AMENAZZY (aka HASELB) - 0%
    Stage 05 - @detech - 20%
    Stage 06 - @Bleak - 0%
    Stage 07 - @detech - 20%
    Stage 08 - @racerdog - 80%
    Stage 09 - @Bastian7 - 20%
    Stage 10 - @IronManArcher - 70%
    Stage 11 - @mofc1991 - 70%
    Stage 12 - @TealHyena - 20%
    Stage 13 - @fredwardthegreat - 10%
    Stage 14 - @PIPTR0 - 40%
    Stage 15 - @FlynnXD - 25%
    Stage 16 - @ArcanGrave (Arcane) - 0%
    Stage 17 - @racerdog - 80%

Total racetrack progress: 34.4%

Dear builders, let me know if you need liquids, or have any questions.
    Also, we require 3 more checkpoints for the racetrack to be complete, please let me know if you could sell me a few.
    People have been coming o me and saying "Do you know so and so, the builder of the racetrack... did you know he was dancing in Times today instead of building?" - Please keep in mind that I am not the builders boss.
    If you want the track to be built faster, then talk to the builders. Don't ask me to hurry people up :)))
    Detech said:

People have been coming o me and saying "Do you know so and so, the builder of the racetrack... did you know he was dancing in Times today instead of building?" - Please keep in mind that I am not the builders boss.
    If you want the track to be built faster, then talk to the builders. Don't ask me to hurry people up :)))

Tattletale...
    edited June 9
    It's nice to see so many builders at it these past few days. If we keep up this paste, we will be ready in a week.

Nots for builders: Please don't force people to glitch through. People use different devices and we don't want someone getting stuck half way through the race.

The race should be fast paste and should not have people getting stuck while continualy trying to get through some area. If you are going to make a difficult parkour area or some sort of locked door, please make sure that you have an alternative path for people, so they could chose to go around it.

Also try to add some theme to your racetrack. We want to have as much stuff built, so that racers do not see blank space while on the racetrack. We are in a down town area of a space city :)... sort of lol.

And also, if your building some dangerous area where people could die, try to have it closer to the start or middle, so that people don't lose too much time when they die and return to the checkpoint.

And we are still three checkpoints short :(
    If you have any questions, or would just like someone to take a look at what you built so far, feel free to message me or racerdog!
    Should I have a checkpoint in my extremely dangerous steam machine?

Should I have a checkpoint in my extremely dangerous steam machine?

Nope :)
    edited June 10
    Yesturday we went through the whole track with @AMENAZZY and it took us about 6 minutes. Considering the fact that most areas are half done and some are not even started, the racetrack is becoming very long. It might take over 10 minutes when finished.

Dear builders, please do not make mazes and don't make racers get stuck. We want a fast paste racetrack.
    Ikeike9382 made a vid of a part of the racetrack. If you want to see it, fast forward to 13 minutes.
    https://youtu.be/V5BxVyMI45M
    edited June 11
    Score Room is finally complete with all 17 checkpoints linked to it.
    It took almost a week with me changing my mind and redecorating it 5 times. It looks awful on PC with crystals and lava showing up in the foreground. :(

But on apple devices the whole arena has a nice red glow to it.

Now I will be making a room which will record placement of all racers.
    So far I made automatic recording for up to 33 racers. I am worried someday we won't have enough spots... How many more should I do just in case some day lots of people come to a race?
    Or should I record like up to 15 players placement?

Score Room.jpg
    1609 x 1049 - 2M

WEEK 4
    Stage 01 - @detech - 96% complete
    Stage 03 - @RiptideTD - 30%
    Stage 04 - HASELB (aka @AMENAZZY) - 20%
    Stage 05 - @detech - 30%
    Stage 06 - @Bleak - 5%
    Stage 07 - @detech - 20%
    Stage 08 - @racerdog - 90%
    Stage 09 - @Bastian7 - 80%
    Stage 10 - @IronManArcher - 70%
    Stage 11 - @mofc1991 - 50%
    Stage 12 - @TealHyena - 25%
    Stage 13 - @fredwardthegreat - 10%
    Stage 14 - @PIPTR0 - 80%
    Stage 15 - @FlynnXD - 25%
    Stage 16 - @ArcanGrave (Arcane) - 0%
    Stage 17 - @racerdog - 100%

Total racetrack progress: 44.18%

3 WEEKS LEFT UNTIL JULY!

Dear Builders, please try to finish up your areas in three weeks. In three weeks we will be closing membership to host our first races. Then we can reopen membership if there is anything to be fixed.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,077
    okies!