Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

My Deepworld account

EddyEddy Raleigh, North CarolinaMember Posts: 28
So, I believe I was muted & banned off the game back in fall 2016, and I just checked back in due to my friends having a nostalgia trip back to this game, and it seems even after 2 years I still am indeed muted & or banned. Is there a way to ever be able to retrieve my privileges to talk & play? Or is it just a lost cause at this point due to some childish actions a few years back?

Thanks,

- Eddy :)

Comments

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,698
    @mikelaurence what do you think?
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Hiding from the supernova in spaceMember Posts: 223

Banned accs should have a 2nd chance, Only 2+ years
    If they still sticked around for however long, they might deserve a 2nd chance.
    They love the game and regrets their poor decisions couple years ago. We all grow as a person.
    :smile:

I cri my old ruby acc ;-;
  • Slava_RossiyaSlava_Rossiya Member Posts: 63
    edited July 5

Banned accs should have a 2nd chance, Only 2+ years
    If they still sticked around for however long, they might deserve a 2nd chance.
    They love the game and regrets their poor decisions couple years ago. We all grow as a person.
    :smile:

I really believe banned players should deserve a second chance. Maybe after a year or two, the ban should be lifted. A majority of those who’re banned contributed greatly to what Bytebin makes, I presume.

Edit: I also share the same issue as Eddy. Will there be any chance of me (& Eddy) being unmuted, @mikelaurence ?
    My account username is Mr.Abalone in game.
    Sirentist said:

Basically, if you were perma-banned or perma-muted, what you said and/or did was so bad it deserved the maximum administrative response. The fact that a long time has gone by since then doesn't erase what you originally did.

If you have truly turned over a new leaf and are a new person now, then my advice is to let the past go. Shake off any connection with your old, tainted account and start over in a new one. That's your best path to a true second chance.

Look at your lost account and its associated items as an appropriate payment for being such a jerk, live with the regret, and go forward into the future with a better understanding of the benefits of playing by the rules.

Starting over again would be such a waste of time, especially with the players invested time into that specific account. If the person changed, the person changed. If the person didn’t change, the person didn’t change. Let’s say, if you didn’t change and you decide to create a new account, you’d only be tainting that account by bringing back your legacy. I think it’d be great if players who’re currently banned and or perma-muted be given a second chance.
  • GrebebeGrebebe 2Fab4UMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,006
    edited July 5

Sirentist said:

Basically, if you were perma-banned or perma-muted, what you said and/or did was so bad it deserved the maximum administrative response. The fact that a long time has gone by since then doesn't erase what you originally did.

If you have truly turned over a new leaf and are a new person now, then my advice is to let the past go. Shake off any connection with your old, tainted account and start over in a new one. That's your best path to a true second chance.

Look at your lost account and its associated items as an appropriate payment for being such a jerk, live with the regret, and go forward into the future with a better understanding of the benefits of playing by the rules.

Starting over again would be such a waste of time, especially with the players invested time into that specific account. If the person changed, the person changed. If the person didn’t change, the person didn’t change. Let’s say, if you didn’t change and you decide to create a new account, you’d only be tainting that account by bringing back your legacy. I think it’d be great if players who’re currently banned and or perma-muted be given a second chance.
    But then... how long should someone be banned before considering giving them a second chance?

Peeps are banned for a reason, there are specific rules to respect, and if you don't you're permanently banned.. that's the price to pay. Emphasis on permanent. Can you imagine the devs having to study each case of banned players trying to get their accounts back? If they really want to come back to the game, they won't mind grinding their way back to the top, after all wouldn't that make it even more of a "fresh start"? If they think it's a waste of time to climb back up, well that's their opinion! They'll find something else to do with their time :)
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,081
    Permanent bans do not carry the threat of a permanent ban if they are liftable.

Obviously a game is very different to real life, but imagine if after commiting a crime which carried a life sentence, you could get parole after a year or two?
    They’d be much less of a deterrent to commiting the crime.

Everywhen said:

Permanent bans do not carry the threat of a permanent ban if they are liftable.

Obviously a game is very different to real life, but imagine if after commiting a crime which carried a life sentence, you could get parole after a year or two?
    They’d be much less of a deterrent to commiting the crime.

Right. But I noticed in game that many of the older players came back. Considering the ever more decreasing player base of Deepworld, I think, again, that it’d be great to give those who’re banned and or perma-muted a second chance. There really needs to be an effective reporting system with Bytebin allowing trusted players to overlook the justice system for y’know, if the Devs give the unfortunate a second chance, and for the games general justice system. Too much censorship will only encourage the society to let out their bad side. I believe it’s a way of life. We may have differing views, but that’s just how it is (do note that I’m not encouraging hate here). Individuals and societies always change, its a sign of progression.
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 883
    Well Electro7 had a permanent ban and after 2 years he was unbanned today so i think every player should be treated the same
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,115
    If a player has changed they'll stay unbanned.
    If a player has not changed, if they do get unbanned, they'll get re-banned easily enough.

A player returning to the game never wants to have to re-grind all the way up to their old rankings, stats and gear. That's just boring. So they'll either want to return on their actual account or they won't come back again.
    Hmm... both sides have good arguments.
  • ChickenChicken playing paladins Member Posts: 1,356
    You need to live with the consequences of your actions.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,115
    Multarix said:

If a player has changed they'll stay unbanned.
    If a player has not changed, if they do get unbanned, they'll get re-banned easily enough.

A player returning to the game never wants to have to re-grind all the way up to their old rankings, stats and gear. That's just boring. So they'll either want to return on their actual account or they won't come back again.

Also, I'll note that this isn't me siding with any particular side of the argument. And it depends on what you did to get banned in the first place. Some people may deserve a 2nd chance, others may not.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,045
    I think players should be given a second chance, after all, 2 years compared to the time the game has existed is like a life sentence

I think players should be given a second chance, after all, 2 years compared to the time the game has existed is like a life sentence

Well, a third of a life sentence.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,887
    A permanent ban is not meant to be like a life sentence. It's meant to be like an execution. Permanent. Once you've pushed that far, you're done. It's over. No parole for good behavior. No do-overs. No take-backsies. Off with their heads!
  • ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Plastic BeachMember Posts: 219
    Sirentist said:

A permanent ban is not meant to be like a life sentence. It's meant to be like an execution. Permanent. Once you've pushed that far, you're done. It's over. No parole for good behavior. No do-overs. No take-backsies. Off with their heads!

Maybe @Eddy is a hydra and he’ll grow two more!
    Reminds of a king in a book series who cheated the system with a banishment.
    They banished the person for a single year, and yet till that day banishment had always been for life. (If you know this book series just from that little description then you win a cookie).
    I'd suggest an actual "appeal" system but with Lisa still missing and Mike working hard on development I don't think it'd work too well lol.

As I said, it depends on what the person did. There may indeed be cases where an extended absence of 2-3 years is suitable for helping change the persons attitude. And there may be cases where even after 2-3 years their crime is considered horrible enough to not warrent a 2nd chance.

In real life terms, a convicted serial killer deserves no second chance, but a petty thief surely can at least have a second chance right?
    edited July 6
    The justice system needs reform. Humans aren’t robots, humans are sentient beings. People change, minds change. Sticking with one thing in life is insanity.

The game still needs polishing, there are plenty of things in game that have messed up textures or are disproportionate to their relative block space, or space in general. I think fixing that first should be the main priority of the Dev, then releasing and fixing their Android and PC platforms. Example: the bookshelf has a messed up texture. I, and presumably other players can no longer hold onto items in the crown store to see what the packs offer. Clothing accessories haven’t been fully released yet, and it’s been almost a year or two since the release. Polishing the game should be the main priority so that it can leave a better impression in first time players who’re Android users, or just new players in general @Multarix

Overall, the game just seems incomplete. Even the code items in the guide have missing pictures.
  • GrebebeGrebebe 2Fab4UMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,006

The justice system needs reform. Humans aren’t robots, humans are sentient beings. People change, minds change. Sticking with one thing in life is insanity.

The game still needs polishing, there are plenty of things in game that have messed up textures or are disproportionate to their relative block space, or space in general. I think fixing that first should be the main priority of the Dev, then releasing and fixing their Android and PC platforms. Example: the bookshelf has a messed up texture. I, and presumably other players can no longer hold onto items in the crown store to see what the packs offer. Clothing accessories haven’t been fully released yet, and it’s been almost a year or two since the release. Polishing the game should be the main priority so that it can leave a better impression in first time players who’re Android users, or just new players in general @Multarix

Overall, the game just seems incomplete. Even the code items in the guide have missing pictures.

Because the game is indeed incomplete :) These things are progressively being worked on and you can follow the progress with the occasional "update" posts that are stickied on the discussions tab of the forums. Keep in mind there are only 2 developpers for this game. (just saying this because you're new to the forums, and I'm assuming you were unaware)
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,045
    Multarix said:

Reminds of a king in a book series who cheated the system with a banishment.
    They banished the person for a single year, and yet till that day banishment had always been for life. (If you know this book series just from that little description then you win a cookie).
    I'd suggest an actual "appeal" system but with Lisa still missing and Mike working hard on development I don't think it'd work too well lol.

As I said, it depends on what the person did. There may indeed be cases where an extended absence of 2-3 years is suitable for helping change the persons attitude. And there may be cases where even after 2-3 years their crime is considered horrible enough to not warrent a 2nd chance.

In real life terms, a convicted serial killer deserves no second chance, but a petty thief surely can at least have a second chance right?

When I get all smart and prepare to get a cookie, but then all I can think of is Simba in the Lion King
  • IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorMember Posts: 92
    edited July 7
    Sirentist said:

Or... he could just ask and talk it out with the admins here who are able to do something about it other than tell him to start all over. If they say no then he's right back where he started so the gains outweigh the "risk".
    Ivory said:

Sirentist said:

Or... he could just ask and talk it out with the admins here who are able to do something about it other than tell him to start all over. If they say no then he's right back where he started so the gains outweigh the "risk".
    admin*
    admin who’s taking a super long break*
  • IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorMember Posts: 92

Ivory said:

Sirentist said:

admin*
    Yeah... I forgot about that....
  • KaitBKaitB Canada, ehMember Posts: 1,473

admin*

We've actually got two new admins*, Sirentist and Everywhen, who are being quite active, responsive, and helpful! :)
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,887
    KaitB said:

admin*

We've actually got two new admins*, Sirentist and Everywhen, who are being quite active, responsive, and helpful! :)
    Neither of us has any power whatsoever when it comes to bans and mutes and other in-game stuff, though. Our powers are forum-specific!
    Sirentist said:

KaitB said:

admin*

Neither of us has any power whatsoever when it comes to bans and mutes and other in-game stuff, though. Our powers are forum-specific!
    Admins and forum moderators are different.
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,337
    "Permanent" ban
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,129
    Perma is perma. I have no interest in allowing players back who spent their time stealing from other players, or trying to hack the system, or being racist and sexist over and over and over after repeated warnings. Before a perma ban even happens there are chances given. If a person has changed they can make a new account and try again.