Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

I need dev or admin help!

WalrusLordWalrusLord No longer playing because I can't reset my emailMember Posts: 32
I've sent in 2 emails, over a month and 2 weeks ago, neither have been responded too. I need the email on my account changed! I've tried pm'ing @mikelaurence here a long while ago, with no response. When I made my account so many years ago, I accidentally put in the wrong email provider name, and I cannot make a new email address under that provider because it contains a character they don't allow to be used with addresses. This is account info I need in order to fully manage and access my account. Is there anyone else or anything I could do otherwise to change this?

Comments

• ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Member Posts: 248
    edited June 15
    “ you should have been extra careful” I bet gonna be a response
    I want to change my email to, I has a register email that I do not used, It’s old,Never used it for years snd I don’t think I know the pass anymore :/
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,454
    You should have been extra ca- nah, I’m joking. But you should be patient.
  • WalrusLordWalrusLord No longer playing because I can't reset my emailMember Posts: 32
    @mikelaurence any input? Please? It's been months, I have hundreds of dollars worth of untransferrable items, worlds, and crowns, along with hundreds of hours of playtime. I really need this
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,454
    Where DID Lisa go? I don’t think we ever concluded that.
  • IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorMember Posts: 78

I've sent in 2 emails, over a month and 2 weeks ago, neither have been responded too. I need the email on my account changed! I've tried pm'ing @mikelaurence here a long while ago, with no response. When I made my account so many years ago, I accidentally put in the wrong email provider name, and I cannot make a new email address under that provider because it contains a character they don't allow to be used with addresses. This is account info I need in order to fully manage and access my account. Is there anyone else or anything I could do otherwise to change this?

I'm in the same boat with waiting on replies since, like, March.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,096
    Simplin said:

I love this game but it has never made any real effort at managing the community or providing professional customer service.

Are players seen as important? If they are you would never know it.

To a lot of devs, the player isn't important. Only the players money is important.

Bytebin has 2 devs and an admin that's "away" for some reason. So you can't really complain when you have AAA title games where support still takes the best part of a month to resolve your problems.

Support atm is VERY slow, deal with it.
  • Slava_RossiyaSlava_Rossiya Member Posts: 53
    Multarix said:

Simplin said:

I love this game but it has never made any real effort at managing the community or providing professional customer service.

Are players seen as important? If they are you would never know it.

To a lot of devs, the player isn't important. Only the players money is important.

Bytebin has 2 devs and an admin that's "away" for some reason. So you can't really complain when you have AAA title games where support still takes the best part of a month to resolve your problems.

Support atm is VERY slow, deal with it.
    Then the Dev(s) should be looking for alternatives to help develop and manage the game. If they put effort into the game, development, customer/player service, etc, then it’d help them out great, financially speaking. They’re lacking, and Deepworld is losing players. I’m sure we lose more than we gain.

An alternative, for example, the Devs can allow trusted players to volunteer in monitoring the Deepworld justice system, etc, overlooking reports, etc. There can be 10-20 to conclude on the verdict on players, so that power is balanced. The game, as I’ve mentioned in a previous post, still needs work. Before fixing the PC platform and developing the Android platform, the Devs should focus more on where their player base is mainly concentrated (Apple users). What they’re doing is completely senseless, and I don’t mean this as an insult, but rather as constructive criticism.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,096
    edited July 8
    Tbh if you brought pc up to scratch and advertised the game you'd quickly find the amount of pc players outweigh the iOS players. So I wouldn't quite say their focus should be iOS and only iOS. For a dev team that's not even 1/50th the size of your average AAA title team you need to cut them some slack. They're doing what they can, how they can, as best they can.

This is an MMO, and giving players the ability to ban/ mute people could be seen as a problematic idea. Don't be a backseat developer.
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,129
    This issue has been responded to. I cannot simply hand over an account because a person "made a mistake years ago" etc. If you cannot access your registered email you cannot change anything about that account. This is called account security.
  • WalrusLordWalrusLord No longer playing because I can't reset my emailMember Posts: 32
    Damnit, so I'm locked out forever, then. RIP many years of progress, and lots of $ worth of crowns...
  • FishbotFishbot MarsMember Posts: 221
    poor WalrusLord.