Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

When is times square reopening?

DeathoniumDeathonium Member Posts: 65
mikelaurence when is times square reopening its been more than 10 days and i need my rares ;(

Comments

• vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 868
    I’ve been struggling to find a hangout place because Times Square is usually my spot, lol.
  • DeathoniumDeathonium Member Posts: 65
    me too but its not open since like 2 weeks ago
  • DeathoniumDeathonium Member Posts: 65
  • CleoAdkins007CleoAdkins007 Land of OzMember Posts: 1,142
    Have patience. You don't "need" your rares, you just want them. For instance, you need food and oxygen, whereas you do not need specific collections of pixels on a virtual game. The longer it's closed, the more work is being done to improve Times Square. Entitled pestering does nothing but pollute the forums.
  • AlphastormAlphastorm A higher plane of existence.Member Posts: 524

Have patience. You don't "need" your rares, you just want them. For instance, you need food and oxygen, whereas you do not need specific collections of pixels on a virtual game. The longer it's closed, the more work is being done to improve Times Square. Entitled pestering does nothing but pollute the forums.
    Mhm, yes, it's true they aren't needed but I always find it annoying when someone drags reality into the argument. I wager those rares cost either real TIME or real MONEY to get, however pointless said arrangement of pixels and code may be. You hate seeing time wasted, don't you? If anything in my eyes your reply comes across almost antagonistic, potentially as entitled as the one you deconstruct. But I do agree on the point of not needing these types of posts on the forums. They do clutter, and patience is needed.
  • FishbotFishbot MarsMember Posts: 210
    I'm not sure how many more TIMES you will ask when it is reopening, but it is interesting to see the SQUARE of influence it has on the majority of Deepworld players.
    Angry Kitten.jpg
    82 x 85 - 3K
  • SimplinSimplin Member Posts: 52
    Seems like a fair question. Why not answer?
  • IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorMember Posts: 76

Like @Alphastorm said, reality really doesn't have its place here, and I'm also sure you're aware that he is in fact entitled to things that he owns. That's all I got to say.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,419
    edited September 8
    Ivory said:

mikelaurence

Like Alphastorm said, reality really doesn't have its place here, and I'm also sure you're aware that he is in fact entitled to things that he owns. That's all I got to say.
    Why do you people not understand the simplest of things? Mike closed Times to either upgrade it, or to promote player-made markets. Either way, it’s going to be better. And who cares about a few lines of code when there’s a whole game to explore? You do not NEED those items, just as you do not NEED that new phone you see in the store window. You want them, but you don’t need them. The devs are doing a good thing by temporarily closing Times. It’s showing who people really are.
  • WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead | Deepgate //Member Posts: 118
    Oh my goodness someone close this thread already.

Oh my goodness someone close this thread already.

Yes please!
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,765
    If we closed every annoying thread, or every thread where someone said annoying things and then someone else came along and said even more annoying things about how annoying the first person was, well, then there would be no open threads.

The original question was "When is Times Square reopening?" And as @Simplin pointed out, it's a fair question. There's nothing wrong with asking or with being worried about getting your stuff back. It's everyone else who turned this into a pissing contest over who can be more ... sanctimonious? righteously indignant? know-it-all-y? Whatever. Something annoying.

If the catfighting and last-word-itis continues, though, I *will* start deleting the snipey comments.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,121
    I missed times. I am ready for it to re-open.
  • Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack California-ParisMember Posts: 281
    Well guys, sorry but, I must disagree. This "need" conversation, it's so misunderstood, I'm studying psychology for more than 15 years professionally, psychology is not working like that. No need for a psychology lesson here, but, if I would have objects that I care in a place that I can't access, I would be uncomfortable too, everyone would, no lies. Stop telling this "need" conversation to people who want to access their stuff, it's not helping. Plus, everyone has the right to share their opinions, don't they? Imagine that someone took an object from you that you really care in real life, do you just be quiet without saying anything? That's how works in virtuality too, that's true that those objects are made of codes, does that makes them meritless? Only atoms make an object valuable? Enough talking here, and no, I don't have any stuff in Times. Have a nice day. :)
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,096
    edited September 9
    Am I the only person who understand I can see both sides of the argument.

You don't NEED them, you want them

It's okay to WANT something but that doesn't mean you need to ask every 5 minutes or make snide comments about not getting it.

The original question does not have a specific answer yet so I urge all you children everyone to have a little patience. I'm sure mike doesn't need to be reminded on the things he is working hard to finish evey hour of every day.
    Post edited by Sirentist on
    This is the last time I’m stickin’ up for people.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,765
    @Multarix rather than deleting your comment for being too argumentative and snipey (even though it makes a decent point), I just slightly modified the obnoxious snipey parts. If that's not okay, let me know and I can delete the entire comment instead.
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Working on gamesMember Posts: 998
    I mean, I have a micro protector or two in Times I'd be more than happy to get back honestly if the world is expecting to close permanently. If I had something of actual value there like a notch and some onyx I'd probably be pretty outraged that a weeks notice wasn't given and there was no signs up in Times saying a thing. The unexpected closing kinda urks me a little because I can definitely feel for those who actually lost stuff to this. Obviously it's not oxygen or something vital, but it's peoples building items they put time and effort into getting. I think re-releasing the world for a week or two for people to grab stuff out isn't a horrible idea, it just feels like the miscommunication was the problem here.

Hope to see it pop up again for a little while sometime soon to grab stuff out, keep up the great updates though mike, you've been doing great work and your vacation is well earned, hope times has future plans, keep it up!
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,096
    Sirentist said:

@Multarix rather than deleting your comment for being too argumentative and snipey (even though it makes a decent point), I just slightly modified the obnoxious snipey parts. If that's not okay, let me know and I can delete the entire comment instead.

If anything it's more funny to read it how it is now
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,229
    Well, that marks the end of Times Square's reign in DW.
    R.I.P Times Square.
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 848

Re-opened as a non-market. I much prefer to see player markets flourishing than one "official" old and crufty market.

Seems like times square is still a market at this time
    Electrox said:

Re-opened as a non-market. I much prefer to see player markets flourishing than one "official" old and crufty market.

Seems like times square is still a market at this time
    :/
    2467C921-8901-4A10-AAF4-E866C1F01539.png
    1136 x 640 - 517K
    6664389C-120A-498B-B124-248C0DEEDFDA.png
    1136 x 640 - 523K
  • hugegnomehugegnome Member Posts: 276
    edited September 12
    It doesn’t matter mike ruined it anyway. Instead of. Doing the right thing he changed it all.
  • FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Member Posts: 1,367
    hugegnome said:

It doesn’t matter mike ruined it anyway. Instead of. Doing the right thing he changed it all.

Hey huge, wanna make a legendary market???
    edited September 12
    Yea kinda but the fact that mike doesn’t stand for anything and will probably destroy it in the end when it’s succesful is killing it for me bro I don’t feel like building anything anymore.
    Whatever though I’m just gonna go dig and hopefully find something cool.