Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

World Moderators

2»

Comments

• ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 883
    No matter who you are if you have powers that allow you to kick any player from the world you have to admit you will be tempted to kick someone that bomb you and laugh at you even tho that’s not against the rules to do.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 4,045
    Electrox said:

No matter who you are if you have powers that allow you to kick any player from the world you have to admit you will be tempted to kick someone that bomb you and laugh at you even tho that’s not against the rules to do.

That’s definitely something a world moderator mike picks, or anyone even near the requirements, won’t do.
  • Slava_RossiyaSlava_Rossiya Member Posts: 63

Multarix said:

Honestly mike should think long and hard about giving anyone any kind of ability to affect anyone else's game, via kicking, banning or anything else.

Perhaps kicking from public worlds isn't a super bad thing, as games will always have that toxic player that decides to appear every now and then, but it still opens the possibility to cause problems if a person abuses it

New idea... moderator moderators!
    New idea! No world moderators! The game isn’t in need for one as of current. Unless you want to ban every single player with whatever’s left of people that play Deepworld. There will always be bad in good, and good in bad. Trying to censor or take one out will lead to problems. If this is what you want, then Deepworld should create an automatic ban system with any word considered “taboo” if said by any player. Sounds ridiculous, right? Dont kid yourself.
    New idea! You learn how to take a joke!

The moderators idea was... an idea. If you’ve played recently, which, as established in the discussion where you accused Mofc of cheating, you haven’t, you would have seen lots of things that need moderation. There are people building things related to WW2 (anything I type is replaced with EBL), people making racist jokes, and 24/7 swearing. Those are only a few things that I’ve seen, and this environment is not very pleasant when trying to mine or build in a public world.
    Edit your post to take out your accusations against me. Also, I’ve been active since late June of this year, and, mind you, I’ve been with Deepworld since June 2013. Coming across whatever you’ve mentioned in Deepworld is rarely scene. What I want you to do right now is to log on to Deeporld, and visit any world. No Swastikas or genital shaped buildings plaguing every single inch of your screen, right? Feeling bothered by other players in chat? Mute. Theres a reason that exists. Deepworld doesn’t need nitpicky, hungry-for-power players to take control of Deepworld.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSMember Posts: 2,692
    edited October 4
    Sirentist said:

Multarix said:

Honestly mike should think long and hard about giving anyone any kind of ability to affect anyone else's game, via kicking, banning or anything else.

Perhaps kicking from public worlds isn't a super bad thing, as games will always have that toxic player that decides to appear every now and then, but it still opens the possibility to cause problems if a person abuses it

New idea! No world moderators! The game isn’t in need for one as of current. Unless you want to ban every single player with whatever’s left of people that play Deepworld. There will always be bad in good, and good in bad. Trying to censor or take one out will lead to problems. If this is what you want, then Deepworld should create an automatic ban system with any word considered “taboo” if said by any player. Sounds ridiculous, right? Dont kid yourself.

The moderators idea was... an idea. If you’ve played recently, which, as established in the discussion where you accused Mofc of cheating, you haven’t, you would have seen lots of things that need moderation. There are people building things related to WW2 (anything I type is replaced with EBL), people making racist jokes, and 24/7 swearing. Those are only a few things that I’ve seen, and this environment is not very pleasant when trying to mine or build in a public world.
    I think you are mixing Slava_Rossiya up with someone else? Meanwhile, I think the rest of your comment is a fair assessment of the general chat activity in public worlds.
    Whoops, yeah...

Multarix said:

Edit your post to take out your accusations against me. Also, I’ve been active since late June of this year, and, mind you, I’ve been with Deepworld since June 2013. Coming across whatever you’ve mentioned in Deepworld is rarely scene. What I want you to do right now is to log on to Deeporld, and visit any world. No Swastikas or genital shaped buildings plaguing every single inch of your screen, right? Feeling bothered by other players in chat? Mute. Theres a reason that exists. Deepworld doesn’t need nitpicky, hungry-for-power players to take control of Deepworld.
    Wait... you’re actually calling my idea people nitpicky..?

You are correct in saying there are not those buildings in every world. They’re in every OTHER world. Would you really like me to go online and get some pictures? I would gladly do so.

Sirentist said:

Multarix said:

I think you are mixing Slava_Rossiya up with someone else? Meanwhile, I think the rest of your comment is a fair assessment of the general chat activity in public worlds.
    Whoops, yeah...

Multarix said:

You are correct in saying there are not those buildings in every world. They’re in every OTHER world. Would you really like me to go online and get some pictures? I would gladly do so.
    Yes, please do so.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,115
    I can't be bothered to find the quotes so:

We don't need world moderators given deepworld has the ability to take care of players via mute or other stuff:

This is true in the sense that you can put up all the filters you want, but there will always be people who bypass these filters. Furthermore it may not be about muting someone, but trolling people, placing protectors and trapping people forcing them to /spawn. People just outright being jerks or other instances of trolling or being inappropriate. A world moderator if present in the world could warn/ kick the user out of the world in the event it's public non-player owned world.

What makes you think my suggestions are good suggestions if they're never in public worlds statement:

I may be completely wrong but I'd assume the reason Siren and Everywhen are never in public worlds is in part due to a toxicity in the chat and/or player behaviour. These players are also well known enough both in-game and on-forum. They are also significantly less shady than someone like say, llmmzz. I'm sure there are plenty of other players as well who could be suitable candidates.

I could suggest myself as a moderator or I could suggest whoever is the newest player to the game as a moderator. The end result is our opinion doesn't matter, only mike's opinion really matters.
    edited October 6
    L

Sirentist said:

Multarix said:

Whoops, yeah...

Multarix said:

Yes, please do so.
    Whoops, I forgot. Here we go!
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020300/uploads/FileUpload/a9/cc7279b0dabf30359e2a2c60629633.png
    WARNING: This image includes a swastika and related chat, which may cause heart pains and/or anxiety. Viewer discretion advised.
    LMAO! I fail to see how this harms anyone except those who choose to give themselves this victim-mindset. Knives have been used in murder, but we don’t look at it in such a negative way. Plus, the Swastika is of Indian/Asian origin.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,792

LMAO! I fail to see how this harms anyone except those who choose to give themselves this victim-mindset. Knives have been used in murder, but we don’t look at it in such a negative way. Plus, the Swastika is of Indian/Asian origin.

I have yet to see people use swastikas in game as anything other than a fashist symbol. Once i have seen a person place furnaces and put a sign next to them referencing Holocaust. People who know no moral boundaries make me wonder how so many people around them ( their parents, teachers, friends) could fail so badly at teaching them basic things every person should know.

I believe is was went over in another discussion (and the ToS) that swastikas, other symbols, and/or buildings used in sensitive events are not allowed. Just stop arguing, it's getting kind of old.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,081
    (
    Tescos said:

Multarix said:

I have to agree I don't particularly see the point at this time either.

Perhaps if anyone we need 1 or 2 moderators but I doubt we need an entire fleet.
    And I'd probably be saying just give Everywhen and Siren those perms... IF they are 100% needed. They look after our forum and they're pretty fair..

Why give it to 2 people who are never in public worlds?
    I was mining in the same world as you multiple times this week iirc

Just saying

I’m kinda stuck world clearing atm so only pop out every now and then. Its funny but did you know a xl biome takes forever to clear out?
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,881
    Everywhen said:

(

Tescos said:

Multarix said:

I have to agree I don't particularly see the point at this time either.

Perhaps if anyone we need 1 or 2 moderators but I doubt we need an entire fleet.
    And I'd probably be saying just give Everywhen and Siren those perms... IF they are 100% needed. They look after our forum and they're pretty fair..

Why give it to 2 people who are never in public worlds?
    I was mining in the same world as you multiple times this week iirc

Just saying

I’m kinda stuck world clearing atm so only pop out every now and then. Its funny but did you know a xl biome takes forever to clear out?
    The reason I don't go to public worlds is because there's no moderation...
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,115

Plus, the Swastika is of Indian/Asian origin.

The origin isn't the only thing that matters. Prior to the germans using it, it meant a symbol of good fortune and other such things. Eventually it came to have a completely different meaning. While a large part of the world don't particularly see an issue with the symbol itself, it's the manner of which people portray it. If everyone in the world started saying the letter D was a racist and derogatory symbol, you'd see the entire world trying to replace it.

The origin doesn't matter, but how it's used creates the issue.

Why this needs to be pointed out in such a way I don't understand.
    On a slightly unrelated topic, with school systems prioritising test results for mathematics and poetry over your basic history, world events and current events, it's no surprise there are many people who make fun or try and argue without knowing the full implications of what they're saying. That's not saying you can't make a funny joke out of serious events either, but not every public forum is the best place for such discussions or jokes. Especially not a game forum.
    Multarix said:

The origin isn't the only thing that matters. Prior to the germans using it, it meant a symbol of good fortune and other such things. Eventually it came to have a completely different meaning. While a large part of the world don't particularly see an issue with the symbol itself, it's the manner of which people portray it. If everyone in the world started saying the letter D was a racist and derogatory symbol, you'd see the entire world trying to replace it.

On a slightly unrelated topic, with school systems prioritising test results for mathematics and poetry over your basic history, world events and current events, it's no surprise there are many people who make fun or try and argue without knowing the full implications of what they're saying. That's not saying you can't make a funny joke out of serious events either, but not every public forum is the best place for such discussions or jokes. Especially not a game forum.
    Is it taboo to discuss such things on the forums? I don’t see the British flag nor the American flag condemened considering their troublesome past. Genocide, racism, exploitation, slavery, all things committed by the Brits and Americans, etc. It all has to do with perception and propaganda, how the people perceive certain things due to propaganda. I see no problem with the Swastika at all, ‘cause it doesn’t harm me. It is only those who feel it is their duty to apply politically-correct attributions to a game which is quite silly to be honest with you. And yes, I can already tell I’ll be crapped on for this comment because it goes against majority of people’s views here and I’m arguing with well-known policemen, but please take into mind with what I’m trying to say.

Aside from that, I disapprove of world moderators. If you feel that the community is not your type of thing, please mute, or go to another world. Kicking players and reporting players for such small petty-stuff only shows how sensitive as a person you are to certain things. This is for you, :) @IronManArcher

• TealHyenaTealHyena SmoresMember Posts: 707
    edited October 7
    I’m not comfortable with the idea of players being able to majorly effect other player’s items/accounts/etc in game.
    Frankly it just sounds like a bad idea. We haven’t had it in the past and we don’t need it now imo.
    edited October 7

Multarix said:

Is it taboo to discuss such things on the forums? I don’t see the British flag nor the American flag condemened considering their troublesome past. Genocide, racism, exploitation, slavery, all things committed by the Brits and Americans, etc. It all has to do with perception and propaganda, how the people perceive certain things due to propaganda. I see no problem with the Swastika at all, ‘cause it doesn’t harm me. It is only those who feel it is their duty to apply politically-correct attributions to a game which is quite silly to be honest with you. And yes, I can already tell I’ll be crapped on for this comment because it goes against majority of people’s views here and I’m arguing with well-known policemen, but please take into mind with what I’m trying to say.

Aside from that, I disapprove of world moderators. If you feel that the community is not your type of thing, please mute, or go to another world. Kicking players and reporting players for such small petty-stuff only shows how sensitive as a person you are to certain things. This is for you, :) IronManArcher

Um... did America or the British commit mega genocide because they thought they were more superior? If you knew what you were talking about, you’d be pretty sensitive too.

EDIT: Go back to school, scan the page to see why we can’t mute the world, use your brain to figure out why we can’t leave whatever world we’re in (HINT: No one would be in a world for no reason), and then come back to this discussion. I’m done arguing with a person who has no idea what they’re arguing about.
    Everywhen said:

If the personal jibes that are being thrown around by some people in this discussion do not cease, the thread will be closed

Edit: I also just want to leave this here. My opinion on this debate is that you agree to the ToS as part of making an account. I’m fine with moderators to enforce the poorly kept ToS as long as the moderators are moderated by bytebin

USER CONDUCT
    By using the Services you agree to abide by certain rules of conduct. Bytebin reserves the right to supend, cancel, or otherwise limit or refuse access to the Services to you if Bytebin determines that you have violated these rules of conduct.
    You agree that you will not:
    • Upload or transmit through the Services, or arrange through Game Content, any content that violates any law, or the rights of any third party.
    • Engage in harassment, stalking, or threats of violence against other users.
    • Upload, transmit, or arrange through Game Content any material that is of a graphic sexual nature, or intensely violent nature, or that is obscene.
    • Upload, transmit, or arrange through Game Content any material that is racist, homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic, disablist, or otherwise hateful toward minorities or other groups.
    • Upload or transmit malware, or any software or programming routines that could harm the Services or its users.
    • Violate another user’s privacy.
    Any violation of these terms may lead to immediate suspension or termination of your Account, with or without notice, with no refund or other compensation, at Bytebin’s sole discretion.
    Wait, is this about the picture?
    edited October 8
    New post because I can’t edit the other one:

This thread has gotten out of hand. It served its purpose. @Sirentist or @Everywhen , I guess you can close it now.

Multarix said:

Aside from that, I disapprove of world moderators. If you feel that the community is not your type of thing, please mute, or go to another world. Kicking players and reporting players for such small petty-stuff only shows how sensitive as a person you are to certain things. This is for you, :) IronManArcher

Um... did America or the British commit mega genocide because they thought they were more superior? If you knew what you were talking about, you’d be pretty sensitive too.

EDIT: Go back to school, scan the page to see why we can’t mute the world, use your brain to figure out why we can’t leave whatever world we’re in (HINT: No one would be in a world for no reason), and then come back to this discussion. I’m done arguing with a person who has no idea what they’re arguing about.
    PROPAGANDA and LIES are a thing. Don’t you get it? I’m not dismissing any war crimes committed by Germany during WW2, but I want you to understand that your insecurities shouldn’t affect society. Keep that nonsense to yourself. I know my history ‘cause I don’t rely on what others say, I rely on research I conduct myself. Doesn’t mean I’m wrong, it just means I’m open minded — something you seem to not have.

Seems like you’re suggesting such nonsense ‘cause you yourself want to obtain such powers. Is snapshotting pictures not enough to satisfy your justice & law career in Deepworld?

Multarix said:

PROPAGANDA and LIES are a thing. Don’t you get it? I’m not dismissing any war crimes committed by Germany during WW2, but I want you to understand that your insecurities shouldn’t affect society. Keep that nonsense to yourself. I know my history ‘cause I don’t rely on what others say, I rely on research I conduct myself. Doesn’t mean I’m wrong, it just means I’m open minded — something you seem to not have.

Seems like you’re suggesting such nonsense ‘cause you yourself want to obtain such powers. Is snapshotting pictures not enough to satisfy your justice & law career in Deepworld?
    Oh dang, you saw through my evil plan to kick everyone in Deepworld...

Hold up, how did we get from moderators to war crimes? Anywho, we’re done here. I’ve done my research, you’ve done yours, but the dye just doesn’t mix.

Multarix said:

Oh dang, you saw through my evil plan to kick everyone in Deepworld...

Hold up, how did we get from moderators to war crimes? Anywho, we’re done here. I’ve done my research, you’ve done yours, but the dye just doesn’t mix.
    Your aspirtations of becoming figure with power can may be done in Roblox or Minecraft, but I don’t see it here in Deepworld. It is unneeded. Your aspirtations for power should stay restricted in your own world, lmao.

Thats ‘cause you and everyone else decided to bring up the supposed war-crimes that follow the Swastika symbol, right? OOF!
This discussion has been closed.