Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BUNKER COMPETITION 3

124»

Comments

• mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 790Member
    Lilyabc said:

Congrats @MihirGames! You deserved it. x3
    Now that the comp is over I'm assuming we can get rid of our builds? @mofc1991

The builds you can all get rid off If you want to ir you can leave them but take the rares for memories ;)
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsPosts: 483Member
    I’ve judged a few competitions and there are always a few players who think that judging was done unfairly. It’s part of the process.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsPosts: 483Member
    My entry was incomplete but I’m curious to hear what u guys thought of my build. It was to left of my landmark.
  • VemoisbeatVemoisbeat dubaiPosts: 31Member
    Bastian7 said:

I’ve judged a few competitions and there are always a few players who think that judging was done unfairly. It’s part of the process.

This True
  • Xavier789Xavier789 North Sentinel IslandPosts: 168Member
    Still HOW did oxidis get 5th? All he did was copy your door mofc.
    Xavier789 said:

Still HOW did oxidis get 5th? All he did was copy your door mofc.

Oxidis did not comply my lock door I copied his as I was inspired by his lock door creation I decided to build one of my own and so we thought that his code lock was a great idea for a bunker but he should make it much easier for it to be implimented into game
    edited November 2018

people were so impatient for the results, there’s only 2 judges and i tried to get more judge but noone volunteered. I told you guys to give us some more time into judging. that’s already the result we came up with and the judging system I suggested wasn’t really used.

do you want us to redo the rankings? post all of the top entries here and see who people will choose with their explanations as to why they should deserve the spot? i like @Xavier789 ‘s points but idk if we should rejudge, what do u say, @mofc1991 ?

let the people decide and judge for the finalists with their explanations of course

Oof i didnt know judging was open, Oh well guess i have to wait for next competition maybe, also i could've waited up to a month long, you didnt have to rush.
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Posts: 1,003Member

people were so impatient for the results, there’s only 2 judges and i tried to get more judge but noone volunteered. I told you guys to give us some more time into judging. that’s already the result we came up with and the judging system I suggested wasn’t really used.

do you want us to redo the rankings? post all of the top entries here and see who people will choose with their explanations as to why they should deserve the spot? i like Xavier789 ‘s points but idk if we should rejudge, what do u say, mofc1991 ?

let the people decide and judge for the finalists with their explanations of course

I saw someone asking mofc if they could be judge tho... he said it was full..?
  • ArcanGraveArcanGrave ArcanGrovePosts: 285Member
    edited November 2018
    Lilyabc said:

do you want us to redo the rankings? post all of the top entries here and see who people will choose with their explanations as to why they should deserve the spot? i like Xavier789 ‘s points but idk if we should rejudge, what do u say, mofc1991 ?

of course we wouldn’t just accept someone unfit for the role, what I meant by that was direct recruitment for judges instead they joined the competition and we’re left with no choice but to go with 2 judges and cosmo quit

Lilyabc said:

do you want us to redo the rankings? post all of the top entries here and see who people will choose with their explanations as to why they should deserve the spot? i likeXavier789 ‘s points but idk if we should rejudge, what do u say, mofc1991 ?

of course we wouldn’t just accept someone unfit for the role, what I meant by that was direct recruitment for judges instead they joined the competition and we’re left with no choice but to go with 2 judges and cosmo quit
    I don’t exactly remember when I said this but oh I might of :-? The judging was full as I didn’t want so many people to dive also 100 Comments :D
    @mofc1991 i didn’t know you did but I kept looking for fit judges so they could have helped us but noone did agree to judge anyway
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,140Member
    I can judge.

@mofc1991 i didn’t know you did but I kept looking for fit judges so they could have helped us but noone did agree to judge anyway

Detech said:

I can judge.

All we need to look for now are judges for the weekly comps and I would love it if people could donate! As then we can do more weekly comps
    mofc1991 said:

Detech said:

I can judge.

All we need to look for now are judges for the weekly comps and I would love it if people could donate! As then we can do more weekly comps
    oops, I mixed up the threads.
    I can judge for one of the weekly comps I meant.
    edited November 2018
    Detech said:

Today I took the time to check out some of the other amazing bunkers built in the competition and I seemed to have touched the dark side of the competition. The instruction was to use any size protector and some of the builders put A LOT of work into their "bunkers". I felt that it was a little unfair that I, having to rebuild my bunker 4 times put in maybe 10% of the effort some other builders have.

@Xavier789 put WAY too much work into his entry. He built a WHOLE underground city!

I think this competition had the most creativity I have seen in deepworld. These entries should be preserved and treasured for inspiration!

Wanted to post these four entries today cause I had little time, but let this post be a tribute to all the hard work builders do to make deepworld awesome!

I took mine down, Big Ol Oof, At least i got the screenie :D

Edit:i spent like 16-24 hours total building it Maybe i couldve won if Effort was one :))
    edited November 2018
    it's the sad reality about competitions, efforts aren't really taken into consideration. it goes way back from the first competition I have ever joined and @Detech can relate about it.

also chuuya's, archivion's and other huge builds were beautiful from huge perspective/as a whole but you won't really see its beauty up close. By judging, I have taken into consideration what it felt like using the closest perception I could use as if I was a lowbie player with low perception, low agility and everything and they just weren't cut out to be something you'd perceive as good implementation in game. I'm sorry if you're disappointed from the results.
    edited November 2018

it's the sad reality about competitions, efforts aren't really taken into consideration. it goes way back from the first competition I have ever joined and @Detech can relate about it.

also chuuya's, archivion's and other huge builds were beautiful from huge perspective/as a whole but you won't really see its beauty up close. By judging, I have taken into consideration what it felt like using the closest perception I could use as if I was a lowbie player with low perception, low agility and everything and they just weren't cut out to be something you'd perceive as good implementation in game. I'm sorry if you're disappointed from the results.

I am dissapointed with creations dissapearing without leaving a trace.
    One day @mikelaurence decides to make some new bunkers and comes to copy some of them, and they aren't there.
    We should at least post screens into the thread.

I mean this is one of the reasons we run the official competitions.
    edited November 2018
    Detech said:

One day @mikelaurence decides to make some new bunkers and comes to copy some of them, and they aren't there.

I agree 100%, I really do hope some of these beautiful builds are going to be implemented

Detech said:

I agree 100%, I really do hope some of these beautiful builds are going to be implemented
    Most of the builds that I saw where fantastic but we only had 5 winners out of a tonne but then you’ve gotta think about what the competition and what the rules are we wanted a bunker/Dungeon for Deepworld that was new and fresh and there the ones we liked so what I’d yours wasn’t picked that’s not for you to decide if the theme was detail than 100% people like Chuuya would have won
  • OxidisOxidis Posts: 794Member, Arbiter
    Thanks @mofc1991 and @ArcanGrave for running the competition. There were a lot of cool entries.

Something that I'd like to see next time is clearer judging criteria and some building guidelines.
    For example, if the competition is about building bunkers intended to be added as prefabs in new worlds, state that clearly in the rules. A possible guideline could be to avoid using steam power. Also give more detailed descriptions of how it will be judged. For example: A player with 4 agility and perception should be able to complete the bunker without getting trapped or overly confused by the layout/decorations.
    edited January 26
    Detech said:

Today I took the time to check out some of the other amazing bunkers built in the competition and I seemed to have touched the dark side of the competition. The instruction was to use any size protector and some of the builders put A LOT of work into their "bunkers". I felt that it was a little unfair that I, having to rebuild my bunker 4 times put in maybe 10% of the effort some other builders have.

Going across Chuuya's entry I noticed that he has taken his protector back, and then someone went right through the middle of his entry, draining all the water. I wished I had taken a screen of his entry earlier...
    But it still looks epic!

@Xavier789 put WAY too much work into his entry. He built a WHOLE underground city!

One bunker I really liked was gone altogether

Problem spent alot of time detailing his bunker. It's really awesome up close.

A player came by while I was taking the screens and heard me complain and replied: "Who cares, the competition is over anyways". This made me even more upset, because we are sort of missing the point of the building competitions.

I think this competition had the most creativity I have seen in deepworld. These entries should be preserved and treasured for inspiration!

Wanted to post these four entries today cause I had little time, but let this post be a tribute to all the hard work builders do to make deepworld awesome!

I have some onyx left over and I’ve only just realised how much detail all these entries had so I will give prizes to there great builds! =D>

Also if you think there where other builds just as good that you would like to nominate as being a great build of a bunker for the competition then suggest here and I may give them a prize!