Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Advertisement

FrostyFrosty In your closet...Member Posts: 369
edited December 3 in Questions
Alright so, my buddy works with wave.tv on Instagram and what he does is run a certain page off it. What I mean is the owner of wave.tv owns all the wave pages put all post different things and are ran by different people. I might be able to get my buddy to advertise Deepworld on the gaming pages for free. All I need is permission that I can send to my friend so he can send to his boss to get it approved. Don’t expect anything out of this but, this could be huge, I’m telling you. The home page for Wave.tv currently has 2.2 million followers. Even though the smaller gaming pages have around 50-200k it’s still huge.

@mikelaurence please dm me if your interested

Comments

• vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 872
    That would be awesome.
  • WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Member Posts: 162
    Do itttt!
  • ArcanGraveArcanGrave ArcanGroveMember Posts: 274
    oooooo
  • TescosTescos SawConMember Posts: 129
    we need this
  • Xavier789Xavier789 North Sentinel IslandMember Posts: 145
    This would be great!, deepworld only has like 100 active players, we could get a few more hundred.

I need mwor fwiends.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 711
    I will pay you frostie to do so :D
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Hiding from the supernova in spaceMember Posts: 225
    This could mean, more players= more money, and then mike can work on Deepworld more, which means more updates!
  • FrostyFrosty In your closet...Member Posts: 369
    edited December 4

This could mean, more players= more money, and then mike can work on Deepworld more, which means more updates!

I feel like this could be bigger than a few hundred players, if mike could do like a little hook to get people to download like “Download now, and get 50 crowns free” or something like that” and he could maybe hire more people to help me. Not trying to tell him how to do his job, just an idea.
    mofc1991 said:

I will pay you frostie to do so :D

It would be great if you could stop by my world “Price Hub” and see if you could display any of the missing items :D
    Xavier789 said:

This would be great!, deepworld only has like 100 active players, we could get a few more hundred.

I need mwor fwiends.

I also need mwor fwiends because I think it would help the market

P.S. A lot of people has been asking, my IGN is Irdium. I can already see people asking if Mike has responded yet but wave.tv needs permission so I can make a move when mike contacts me, which he has not done
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 1,797
    Message @mikelaurence directly.

Also I think Mike's plan is to fix up the game first, then start getting promotion. Makes sence to do that I think.
  • jellysnakejellysnake http://jellysnake.net/Member Posts: 6,326
    For what it's worth, deepworld did have a rather popular period until some key issues ended up in most of the player base not staying around leaving the resulting lower numbers.

I wouldn't be surprised if a) mike has not seen this yet and/or b) he is intending to improve the game some before trying to rebuild player numbers.

Either way I think it could be worthwhile so long as Mike can produce a good quality ad, be that in house or externally

For what it's worth, deepworld did have a rather popular period until some key issues ended up in most of the player base not staying around leaving the resulting lower numbers.

I wouldn't be surprised if a) mike has not seen this yet and/or b) he is intending to improve the game some before trying to rebuild player numbers.

Either way I think it could be worthwhile so long as Mike can produce a good quality ad, be that in house or externally

I see what your saying, it’s just an offer. I’d just been playing for a long time and would love to see the popular list be more than just 5 worlds with 1-3 people and one world with 7. I’d love to see tons of worlds with 15+ at one time, maybe more!
  • Me_Crown_KingMe_Crown_King Duping since 1999Member Posts: 898
    I’m sorry but how do we expect a good quality ad when any new player can see the lack of quality right from a tutorial world. While fixing the glass might be hard due to lack of extra textures the pipes can be fixed easily with minor numeric changes.

imageimage
  • Xavier789Xavier789 North Sentinel IslandMember Posts: 145

I’m sorry but how do we expect a good quality ad when any new player can see the lack of quality right from a tutorial world. While fixing the glass might be hard due to lack of extra textures the pipes can be fixed easily with minor numeric changes.

They might be underage :p

But i wish the glass was squared not circle, it doesnt fit in the walls D:
    And the pipes they could just be flipped around.

You don’t need permission to spread word about the game :). It would be super cool if you did! I’m planning to add some basic crown rewards for new players too, so maybe that can help.

That’s a good point about the tutorial, I can fix the rough edges.

I know there’s been lots of talk about “why Deepworld doesn’t have many players anymore” and “why don’t you advertise”, etc. I’ll post longer about this at some point, but it’s really pretty simple: mobile ads got *really* expensive a few years ago. It literally can cost upwards of $3-4 to get a player to sign up ... and most players don’t stick around for very long. You can see how that is unsustainable. So paid advertising is something we think about from time to time, but we have to try other things first so that if we ever do it, we aren’t spending tons of money to make no money (otherwise we will go out of business really fast!)

I’ll screenshot this and send it to my friend so he can do his work, I’ll give an update on any news. It’ll probably be sent out on Friday so let’s hope for the best!!!