Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Is scamming allowed?

ZhaykZhayk Arctic Blitz, DeepworldPosts: 420Member
edited January 7 in Questions
**NOT A SCAMMER**

I’m not sure if this has ever really been clarified. I’m asking because I had an encounter today with someone claiming they sold onyx yet couldn’t seem to offer it while they were asking for free orange crystal first.

Comments

• Xavier789Xavier789 North Sentinel IslandPosts: 167Member
    Me See No Rule In Terms Of Service Or Deepworld Forums Rule Thingy
    Scamming is allowed, just people dont do anything and let demselves get scammed.
    And im just BOI.
  • ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Posts: 337Member
    Dw can’t do nothing about scammers or you getting scammed
    TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,171Member
    Your items are yours, trade how you will with them.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,765Member
    Maybe when you enter a trade world, a popup can, well, pop up, and explain how to trade and to beware scammers.
  • FrostyFrosty In your closet...Posts: 426Member
    edited January 7

Dw can’t do nothing about scammers or you getting scammed
    TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,003Member
    I think we should form a dw social justice system with it's own courts, police and corruption schemes. This would really revive dw social life on the forums. :)
  • PatrickRPatrickR Posts: 85Member
    Detech said:

I think we should form a dw social justice system with it's own courts, police and corruption schemes. This would really revive dw social life on the forums. :)

NOBS could take the task.
    We have the influence, the worlds, the players and the funds.
  • ZhaykZhayk Arctic Blitz, DeepworldPosts: 420Member
    Thanks everyone for answering the question!
    Detech said:

This would be interesting, although as you said yourself, could be corrupt. We need some sort of FBI to keep the other parts in line.
  • WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Posts: 279Member
    edited January 7
    Detech said:

Big headache. Telling people to trade at their own risk is so much easier, I and many other older players learned how to avoid being scammed so why can't the newer players learn too?
    I am glad everyone got my sarcasm :)

Detech said:

Big headache. Telling people to trade at their own risk is so much easier, I and many other older players learned how to avoid being scammed so why can't the newer players learn too?
    You can’t learn to not be scammed. Just simply don’t give first.
    Sirentist said:

I just formed a dw social justice system in my head and held a trial and Detech ... you're fired.

I got fired from a dw social justice system before it even formed.
    Life has it's ways...
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Peeping inPosts: 1,015Member
    edited January 8
    It used to be highly frowned upon and some people would get their items back occasionally off an email, but I doubt a single thing will be done about it nowadays with how infrequent developer activity is(For good reason too, no hate to Mike, he's great at what he does for the time he has). That being said, you can simply avoid scams all together by not letting blind greed and stupidity get the best of you, once you give someone something or agree to a trade you have committed yourself into an agreement and the other person may not fall through on the agreement. Having some form of reputation system where you can click a little thumb up or thumb down next to someones name in the followers tab to vote their reputability would be such a nice quality of life feature to have and could easily prevent this. See someone with -10 rep asking for you to give the item first? Probably a nice large red flag. To me this seems the most reasonable, but it being executed could take some time considering the pm system still doesn't exist for PC users

- an extension to this, colored names
    High rep you got a green name, neutral rep a white name, bad rep a red name, could be a neat feature to have.

It used to be highly frowned upon and some people would get their items back occasionally off an email, but I doubt a single thing will be done about it nowadays with how infrequent developer activity is(For good reason too, no hate to Mike, he's great at what he does for the time he has). That being said, you can simply avoid scams all together by not letting blind greed and stupidity get the best of you, once you give someone something or agree to a trade you have committed yourself into an agreement and the other person may not fall through on the agreement. Having some form of reputation system where you can click a little thumb up or thumb down next to someones name in the followers tab to vote their reputability would be such a nice quality of life feature to have and could easily prevent this. See someone with -10 rep asking for you to give the item first? Probably a nice large red flag. To me this seems the most reasonable, but it being executed could take some time considering the pm system still doesn't exist for PC users

High rep you got a green name, neutral rep a white name, bad rep a red name, could be a neat feature to have.

Could be good, but last time I checked the community is toxic. Toxic people lie. I guarantee you there will be good people running around with red names. Not cutting on you just giving an opinion.
  • PatrickRPatrickR Posts: 85Member
    Frosty said:

Could be good, but last time I checked the community is toxic. Toxic people lie. I guarantee you there will be good people running around with red names. Not cutting on you just giving an opinion.
    Agreed, I first thought about trolls making alts and marking trustworthy people like me as bad.

I did a place trade with D4N last year, he placed first, I kept my side of the deal. Contact me on discord if you want to see the video for yourself.
  • WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Posts: 279Member
    Frosty said:

Detech said:

You can’t learn to not be scammed. Just simply don’t give first.
    You literally just contradicted yourself ... Anyways, thank you for reasurring my point :D
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsPosts: 456Member
    I rank players by how long I’ve known them. New players or accounts are not trustworthy until I see them as a real player and not just trying to scam. Changing names is super annoying for this reason. So I tend to follow players that I’ve traded with many times and come to know. Still I rarely give freely but most players know me as an honest player.