Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Specialized Accounts to Share

BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Posts: 2,328Member
edited February 14 in Collaborations
i have had an awesome IDEA that would facilitate the crafting needs (and other none crafting skills) of everyone!

think of it as a car ride sharing service but with accounts for deepworld!

have you found it annoying to not have the right skill level for something? (for example crafting that damn clock) you don't want to level up? don't have any friends to ask? this idea is for you! my idea would be to create accounts specialized in specific skills, like engineering to be able to craft something that requires a high skill level.

examples of Specialized Accounts:

EngineerIsEngiHere:
Used for: Crafting
Skill Specialty: Engineering
Level: Maximum
Availability: Yes

Rambo:
Used for: PvPing
Skill Specialty: Combat, stamina and Agility
Level: Maximum
Availability: No (will be available in 2 days.)

PlantsVsGardening
Used for: Gardening
Skill Specialty: Horiculture
Level:12
Availability: Coming soon

etc...

how does this help the common folk you ask?

well, the idea would be to dispatch accounts with a queue system, to those who PM me for a specific account with a set skill, which i would then give them a simple account password that i would change EVERY TIME with the automated password changer for deepworld.

depending on the popularity, there might be a queue/cooldown.

now you might be thinking that this won't work because it is against the rules to do so and you are most definitely right. i would hope that this gets waived ( @mikelaurence plz) for this specific case because it's not used for malicious intent and is for the benefit of all players. IF NOT, things could still work but availability for both parties (like different time zones) will render it difficult to schedule and some Specialized Account ideas like Rambo will have to get scrapped.

the accounts will be FREE TO USE, will be all managed and leveled up by me!

the accounts will be only filled with the essentials at first to prevent any looting, you will have to provide any gear/materials yourself. if you have forgotten any items on that account, i will transfer them and keep note of what you lost what so that you can reclaim afterwards.

if you abuse the account (yes i will check), you will be added a list of banned users (maybe public). this whole system is completely based off of trust.

this is only an idea and i just wanted to see if people would want to see this idea come alive, these are not the final rules, just a draft.
if you want this idea to come true, please say so. if you have any questions, please ask them!

Specialized Accounts to Share 13 votes

Yes
15%
Nulgath27Raze 2 votes
Maybe (specify please)
23%
WhatsHisHeadMihirGamesDaylight 3 votes
No (specify please)
61%
AMWhyBastian7TealHyenaIronManArcherDetechForestGump_CRYSTAL_KING_Tescos 8 votes

Comments

• WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Posts: 327Member
    edited February 14
    Maybe (specify please)
    I like this idea BUT. I do think this idea would help out new players get on their feet, I remember when I was new and had no friends, I really wanted to have a diamond pickaxe but couldn't craft it due to low skill levels. If I had something like this It would have helped for sure! Although when you get to become a higher tiered account this will become obsolete. I think if Deepworld starts to grow at a fast pace gaining lots of new players, then this idea would work but until then I don't see this getting added.
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,276Member, Arbiter
    No (specify please)

I like the ingenuity but I don't think it would work in reality.

I can see quite a few problems with this. The most obvious is that it's against the t&c which you addressed in the post. Second, the amount of work involved for you to maintain X characters would be high depending on demand. Third, demand would be low - from genuine players. There are maybe one or two instances where you wish you could craft something but can't. Most players get there by improving their (engineering/building) skill sufficiently. Others ask high ranking players. The subset of players who don't want to wait yet don't want to ask would be very small and if they don't want to ask someone to craft for them, they are unlikely to ask to use your service... which is actually more convoluted then just asking an experienced player.

Finally, the people who would use the service would be players hoping to abuse it. Most obviously by scamming.

• BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Posts: 2,328Member

I like this idea BUT. I do think this idea would help out new players get on their feet, I remember when I was new and had no friends, I really wanted to have a diamond pickaxe but couldn't craft it due to low skill levels. If I had something like this It would have helped for sure! Although when you get to become a higher tiered account this will become obsolete. I think if Deepworld starts to grow at a fast pace gaining lots of new players, then this idea would work but until then I don't see this getting added.

yeah, i dont really plan on advertising out of the forums. the crafting part does become obsolete after befriending high level players, but some like the gardening one can still be used because who really upgrades their horiculture level besides those who have everything maxed out but then again not everyone with is friends with these types of players or just wouldn't trust them without handing over my stuff (like me)
    AMWhy said:

I like the ingenuity but I don't think it would work in reality.

I can see quite a few problems with this. The most obvious is that it's against the t&c which you addressed in the post. Second, the amount of work involved for you to maintain X characters would be high depending on demand. Third, demand would be low - from genuine players. There are maybe one or two instances where you wish you could craft something but can't. Most players get there by improving their (engineering/building) skill sufficiently. Others ask high ranking players. The subset of players who don't want to wait yet don't want to ask would be very small and if they don't want to ask someone to craft for them, they are unlikely to ask to use your service... which is actually more convoluted then just asking an experienced player.

Finally, the people who would use the service would be players hoping to abuse it. Most obviously by scamming.

i would have to work a lot depending on the demand, but i will see if it is manageable for me.

not everyone has access high level friends that they can trust to craft certain things. crafting or horiculture would definitely not be longer than say 12 hours, but accounts like building or combat could still work out.

people would have to PM me, and maybe i would employ a sort of eligibility on new forum accounts like a week or maybe someone who is eligible can vouch for you if you aren't. also there is the list of banned players i can show off to publicly shame on like a google doc along with who is in queue
  • FrostyFrosty In your closet...Posts: 426Member

Very good idea I have to say but.... The reason you level up your character is to unlock these things on your account for you to have. Kinda like test driving a car, you can’t have it but you can use it. Also, when you test drive you have to provide something Incase you just take the car. I don’t know about anyone else, but if I test drive a nice car it sucks having to drive it back to the lot and hand those keys back over. Your forced to hand the keys over irl but in Deepworld, an online game where you cannot be arrested or any charged for a crime, I guarantee people will do anything in there power to keep the account/ take items off/ scam/ and lie saying they are you.

• IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,867Member
    No (specify please)
    This is a great idea, but if somebody’s banned from using an account, couldn’t they just log back in?
  • BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Posts: 2,328Member
    Frosty said:

Very good idea I have to say but.... The reason you level up your character is to unlock these things on your account for you to have. Kinda like test driving a car, you can’t have it but you can use it. Also, when you test drive you have to provide something Incase you just take the car. I don’t know about anyone else, but if I test drive a nice car it sucks having to drive it back to the lot and hand those keys back over. Your forced to hand the keys over irl but in Deepworld, an online game where you cannot be arrested or any charged for a crime, I guarantee people will do anything in there power to keep the account/ take items off/ scam/ and lie saying they are you.

while that is true, some new players (but i doubt because my main target is anyone who browses the forums) will be able to facilitate the permanence of having their own skills, by being able to craft new weaponry and not just necessarily that. the accounts are meant to just be able to facilitate certain things like crafting which they can just transfer to their own account. people won't be able to get the accounts because 1. they will not know the email i used to register and reset the password 2. they would have to PM me to be able to access the account which then again i can easily put them on a public list of banned people in order to shame any greifing. 3. there arent any items on the account besides any that you put on on them and the basic ones all accounts start with

This is a great idea, but if somebody’s banned from using an account, couldn’t they just log back in?

i will make some checks to make sure nothing shady is going on.
    also, i would just change the password just like i would do with any other session.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,136Member
    No (specify please)
    Totally agree with @Sirentist . And your basically eliminating the networking part of the game where you could interact with people who have other skills.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsPosts: 483Member
    No (specify please)
    I just don’t think we need it.
  • ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Posts: 349Member
    No (specify please)

Dope idea , but that defeats the purpose of actually playing and upgrading ur own skills which needs hard work and determination and skill books annnnnd Brain wines which is found in the crown shop which u need crowns to purchase which u can loot or purchase for money

sorry

but this reminded me of 2k19 my career 🐙