Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

LANDMARK COMP

DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,078Member
edited February 14 in Collaborations
Hello fellow deepworldarians! Welcome to the first Deepworld's best "Landmark" competition!

Builders can make an entry in their own world (or any world). An existing structure is a valid entry IF it has not ever been entered into any competition. We are looking for a grand structure that fits the theme of deepworld. It can be a real, or imaginary landmark!

Due to multiple request during my first competition, we are making two separate levels of the competition: "EXPERT" and "NOVICE". Please check prizes and consider carefully which level you would like to join, because you can only join one! Please note that entries in the "NOVICE" level will be checked carefully and if judges determine that the entry in the "NOVICE" level was built by a "known" builder, or his alt, it will be moved to the "EXPERT" level or even disqualified.

Since there is no ONE world where the competition will take place, I will be posting information regarding the competition in my world: "WISDOM FALLS" - You are welcome to visit any time to check on prizes and competition progress.

The idea of the competition is to promote building of own worlds. Think of your structure as your spawn/centerpiece that will attract deepworldarians for years to come after the competition.

Since this is something new, please read the rules carefully:
1. Entry must be built in a Public world, so that judges and spectators could enter it and see the entry. Do not hide your entry. Do not post an entry in a crowded world.

2. Entry can be an existing build, or a new build.

3. Size - 2 large pros - if the structure is a little bigger, it is fine, you can use extra small and mini pros. BUT the structure can be any size!

4. Builder MUST use protectors to cover his entry, so that we know it is his. Protector must be accessible.

5. To enter the competition YOU (or someone for you) MUST make a post/comment in the competition thread with the following:
a) specify which competition you are joining (Example: "EXPERT" or "NOVICE")
b) name of the builder (example: "Chewbacca.")
c) location of the structure (example: "Chewbacca Land: 112 west, 45 above")
d) name of the structure (example: "Grand Statue of Wookey Goddess")
e) story behind the structure (OPTIONAL. Keep it short. No essays!)

6. Builder MUST place a spawn teleport next to the entry, so that when entering the world judges do not have to look for the entry. If the entry is not in your own world, please place a blue teleport next to the entry and make it clear where it is.

Suggestions:
1. What are we building?
Our theme is DEEPWORLD. It can be anything, but how well it is related to deepworld will effect your mark.
2. Each entry will be screenshotted and posted in this thread. Think of how it will look from far as well when your building.
3. detail is important! once you make the entry, go over it and see if anything could be added or changed.

JUDGES: Posted in "Wisdom Falls"
PRIZES: Posted in "Wisdom Falls"

COMPETITION ENDS: April 1st, 2019

P.S. By no means use the build in the image as an example of what your build should resemble! I just used my build, since I can't enter, so it cannot be in the comp.

Comments

• DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,078Member
    edited February 14
    Since I cannot enter the competition, I am posting a few of my builds as examples of what I mean by "Landmark" - it is a separate structure which stands on it's own. It can be anything, but it has to stand out!

These are not examples of what I mean by the "Deepworld" theme. That you have to figure out on your own!
    Though the brewery does relate to the one that was built in old London I guess :))

Good luck!

P.S. Don't forget to post your entries in this thread as explained in the main post!
    Rhinopolis.jpg
    2180 x 3789 - 5M
    MysticAlliance.jpg
    3907 x 2373 - 5M
    Paris Tower.jpg
    918 x 1637 - 1007K
    walking fortress Feb 1 2019.jpg
    2184 x 2567 - 4M
    twin towers Aug 2018.jpg
    1920 x 5807 - 5M
    Laurence Hall 2.jpg
    1842 x 1688 - 2M
    Brewery.jpg
    2054 x 2142 - 3M
    NASAspawn.jpg
    2723 x 2570 - 3M
    heart.jpg
    3070 x 3018 - 5M
  • WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Posts: 305Member
    When will this competition start/end?
    edited February 14

When will this competition start/end?

O shoot, thanks!!! Added end time: April 1st, 2019

Starts now :)
    Post edited by Detech on
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 749Member

Can it be bigger than 2 large protectors?

• PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesPosts: 3,647Member
    Builder: PIPTR0
    World: Mount Spokebigsby (At Saint Basil’s, 11 East 72 Up)
    Level: Expert

Saint Basil’s Cathedralimageimageimage
    65A0570D-DBD9-4EC3-8889-752B63B00778.png
    3000 x 3000 - 8M
    mofc1991 said:

Can it be bigger than 2 large protectors?

Yes. Just not like quater of the map size please... I need to take a screenshot you know :)
  • TescosTescos SawConPosts: 233Member
    sickkkk broo i got some mad ideas
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Lost in spacePosts: 303Member
    edited February 14
    I wish we could edit our own worlds so like we can put stone or decayed scaffolding this way builds would be much better :(

I hope mike adds a feature like this.

I wish we could edit our own worlds so like we can put stone or decayed scaffolding this way builds would be much better :(

I hope mike adds a feature like this.

I used to want that, but since I lost my Apple device: asking people to place spikes and liquids for me became more of an issue :))) hahaha
    Comp LVL: EXPERT
    Entry #1
    Builder: PIPTR0
    Saint Basil’s Cathedral

1 Piptro.jpg
    1405 x 1935 - 2M
    Piptro.jpg
    1405 x 1935 - 2M
  • ItzYeBoiNubItzYeBoiNub Posts: 36Member
    edited February 14
    If you were making a Zoo or an Abandoned Building if we called it “Deepworld Zoo” or “Forgotten Deepworld” will it be counted as using the Deepworld theme?

If you were making a Zoo or an Abandoned Building if we called it “Deepworld Zoo” or “Forgotten Deepworld” will it be counted as using the Deepworld theme?

Name is a good start, but for example if there are signs saying "Deepworld Zoo" or "London Zoo" for example, and you got actual deepworld animals there - that will be bonus points of course :)

I am now thinking what to do with actual replicas of landmarks... we will either have to make a third line of the competition, or have judges judge creativity for imaginary landmarks and precision for replicas...

What do you guys think?
  • ItzYeBoiNubItzYeBoiNub Posts: 36Member
    edited February 14
    Detech said:

Name is a good start, but for example if there are signs saying "Deepworld Zoo" or "London Zoo" for example, and you got actual deepworld animals there - that will be bonus points of course :)

I am now thinking what to do with actual replicas of landmarks... we will either have to make a third line of the competition, or have judges judge creativity for imaginary landmarks and precision for replicas...

What do you guys think?
    Thanks,

I believe that the Actual Replicas of Landmarks should have a Deepworld twist to them so they aren’t just copying something and their builds are original.
  • TescosTescos SawConPosts: 233Member
    You know how theres 2 competitions going on really, expert and novice. Is there going to be 2 brass thrones? one for novice one for expert?
    Tescos said:

You know how theres 2 competitions going on really, expert and novice. Is there going to be 2 brass thrones? one for novice one for expert?

Brass Throne only for the Expert competition. Novice will have awesome prizes as well though.
    Entry #2
    Builder: AquaPhynn
    Winterfell Manor

2 AquaPhynn.jpg
    3169 x 2049 - 4M
    AquaPhynn.jpg
    3169 x 2049 - 4M
    Are we only allowed to enter 1 build?

Are we only allowed to enter 1 build?

Yes please.
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Lost in spacePosts: 303Member
    Are people allowed to help each other?

Are people allowed to help each other?

As long as you don't build the whole thing for them :)))
    I give advice to anyone who asks and sometimes show examples of how I would go about certain elements of the build..

The idea of competitions is to get people into building, look for inspiration and create new things :)

I am already loving this competition... waiting for the many wonderful old builds to go up against new ones. :))
    Here are my thoughts on how we will judge this competition...

NOVICE LVL Judges (so far):
    IronManArcher
    AMWhy
    Everywhen

Judging system for NOVICE LVL :
    Each Judge will nominate 10 entries

All nominated entries will be judged as described below:
    Each entry will be judged from 1-10 points on how well the build works in the judge's opinion.

Bonus Nomination Points (1-number of judges)
    When an entry is nominated, it gets a bonus point. The more judges pick an entry, the more bonus points it gets.

EXPERT LVL Judges (so far):
    Everywhen
    Detech

Judging system for EXPERT LVL :
    Each Judge will nominate 10 entries.
    All nominated entries will be judged as described below:
    Judges Points: 1-10 points
    Each entry will be judged from 1-10 points on how well the build works in the judge's opinion.

In addition to the 1-10 score, we will add the following:
    Detail: 1-5 points
    Attention to detail. Is the entry plain? Or is every square thought through and detailed. Has the builder combined materials in an interesting way to express his idea? Has he used various elements and techniques in his entry?

Theme: 1-5 points
    How related is the entry to the Deepworld theme?

Creativity/Precision: 1-5 points
    We want to see creative builds.
    If the person has made a copy of a real Landmark (as it has survived the apocalypse of deepworld) then we mark the precision of how accurate the build is to the actual thing.

Bonus Nomination Points (1-number of judges)
    When an entry is nominated, it gets a bonus point. The more judges pick an entry, the more bonus points it gets.

What u guys think? Is the bonus system working?
    Should we keep expert LVL Judging system simple like the NOVICE one?
    No don't judge the Expert LVL the same as the Novice LVL, I will be entering the "Expert LVL" and after this comp is done I will want to know what I need to work on as a builder and what I achieved success on.
    It's raining and the prize pool is growing! :)
    prize pool 2.jpg
    537 x 396 - 254K
    Spreading all that into prizes was not easy...
    20190215_023751.jpg
    1558 x 908 - 1009K
    Woah, 2 LSJ now!!!
  • DaylightDaylight unknown Posts: 34Member

Large steam jet worth 70+ onyx

You can only enter one of the comp lvls :)
  • taylorvinestaylorvines Posts: 23Member
    edited February 16
    @Detech I hope you dont mind, I'm not sure how this works but is it okay to make my own entry?, if not here is the data that goes along with it:

Entry #3
    Builder: Google.com
    The Deepworldian Ice King's Hanging Castle
    Pic:
    http://forums.deepworldgame.com/utility/thumbnail/60952/s3://uploads/FileUpload/d2/fdb43c5cf1a09a9d4aa6cad70b2f12.png
    KingCastle.png
    2049 x 1777 - 3M
    Thank you @racerdog for the hunter, it looks good on the prize list.

Though we need more sponsors to fill up the rest of the prize spots :)
    Screenshot_20190216-155136.jpg
    1617 x 853 - 1M
    Screenshot_20190216-155154.jpg
    1641 x 828 - 1M
    Wow, prize pool keeps on growing!