Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LANDMARK COMP

Comments

• MihirGamesMihirGames Lost in spacePosts: 341Member
    I was not going to enter but after seeing that LSJ I’m definitely going to enter, would 4 large protectors be ok?
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,138Member

I was not going to enter but after seeing that LSJ I’m definitely going to enter, would 4 large protectors be ok?

The only reason I made a 2 large pros limit is cause I have to take screens and such large entries take time. If it is an existing build it's alright. If not, please try to keep it smaller, or take a screen yourself lol
  • RedolantRedolant Posts: 200Member
    Wait wait so we can build as large as we want as long as we take the pictures ourselves?
    edited February 17
    Redolant said:

Wait wait so we can build as large as we want as long as we take the pictures ourselves?

The problem with me saying Yes to this is that people who can't take large screens will complain. But I do feel that Landmarks should be any (but reasonable) size.

If you guys help me take nice big screens of large entries, then it's a yes :)
    I know racerdog can, he composed a screen of all of Race City, but I don't want to presure people into this, especially when entries start bulging in near the end. :)

In the end, the idea was for builders to build something they want to keep in their worlds. So if your heart tells you it should be large... I should not stop you :)
    @Bastian7 added 10 onyx anonymously just to prove that it could be done, and then added 10 more without mentioning anonymity. Well done Bastian! :)

Also thanks to Wing2013 for 2 onyx!
    Building is fun.
    E1DC5452-9776-4A2C-BBE8-BA4A954E1508.png
    2048 x 1536 - 2M
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,871Member
    Daylight said:

Large steam jet worth 70+ onyx

If by 70+ you mean 400+, yeah!
  • _CRYSTAL_KING__CRYSTAL_KING_ Posts: 127Member
    I might consider coming back for this...definitely sounds exciting.

Are the builds judged purely based on how they look, or can your build be judged on functionality, usefulness, etc as well?
    edited February 17

I might consider coming back for this...definitely sounds exciting.

Are the builds judged purely based on how they look, or can your build be judged on functionality, usefulness, etc as well?

It's a Landmark competition, so looks are important. But functionality and usefulness are a great bonus. A good combination of all three would get a better rating in the 1-10 points from judges and more chances of nomination.

Here is the jupdated judging memo:

NOVICE LVL Judges (so far):
    IronManArcher
    AMWhy
    Everywhen

Judging system for NOVICE LVL :
    Each Judge will nominate 10 entries

All nominated entries will be judged as described below:
    Each entry will be judged from 1-10 points on how well the build works in the judge's opinion.

Bonus Nomination Points (1-number of judges)
    When an entry is nominated, it gets a bonus point. The more judges pick an entry, the more bonus points it gets.

BONUS PRIZES:
    1. Most Nominated Entry
    2. Most Effort
    3. Editor's Pick

EXPERT LVL Judges (so far):
    Everywhen
    Detech
    Simplin

Judging system for EXPERT LVL :
    Each Judge will nominate 10 entries.
    All nominated entries will be judged as described below:
    Judges Points: 1-10 points
    Each entry will be judged from 1-10 points on how well the build works in the judge's opinion.

In addition to the 1-10 score, we will add the following:
    Detail: 1-5 points
    Attention to detail. Is the entry plain? Or is every square thought through and detailed. Has the builder combined materials in an interesting way to express his idea? Has he used various elements and techniques in his entry?

Theme: 1-5 points
    How related is the entry to the Deepworld theme?

Creativity/Precision: 1-5 points
    We want to see creative builds.
    If the person has made a copy of a real Landmark (as it has survived the apocalypse of deepworld) then we mark the precision of how accurate the build is to the actual thing.

Bonus Nomination Points (1-number of judges)
    When an entry is nominated, it gets a bonus point. The more judges pick an entry, the more bonus points it gets.

BONUS PRIZES:
    1. Most Nominated Entry
    2. Most Effort
    3. Editor's Pick

P.S. I feel like I might have missed someone in the judges. Please let me know if I did.
  • LilyabcLilyabc Kpop?Posts: 1,003Member
    I would love to enter the comp. But I don't have the time and... my macbook got coffee spilled all over it yesterday. (hopefully it'll work?!)
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsPosts: 483Member
    I offered my services as a judge for novice builds.
    @RyanT_123 added a hunter and an orange cry to the prize pool

Updated Prize Pool
    20190219_034619.jpg
    1350 x 413 - 429K
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,278Member, Arbiter

While it looks great... It feels to me like the prize pool is getting too big... perhaps enough for two competitions even?

• TescosTescos SawConPosts: 269Member
    AMWhy said:

While it looks great... It feels to me like the prize pool is getting too big... perhaps enough for two competitions even?

I disagree, better prizes draws in more people meaning more competition
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,278Member, Arbiter

While that's true, two different competitions give more creative content to DW (and more chances for people to win). I suppose there's no reason not to do both! High prizes for this comp and (if the donations are good) high prizes for the next one too!

Just a bit of a sneak peek of what I’m working on at the moment.
    DDCF81E7-1ECE-4497-ACA9-A75C964D4016.png
    2048 x 1536 - 3M
    Our competition sponsors so far:
    MikeLaurence - Throne + 1 Large Jet
    detech - 1 Large Jets, small drum
    AMEN4ZZY - 3 Notches
    Bastian7 - 20 Onyx
    Ryan_123 - 1 hunter, 1 orange cry
    racerdog - 1 hunter
    PRYMANCER - 10 Onyx
    Chuuya - Bass Drum, Diorama, 1 onyx, 1 orange
    Daylight. - 5 onyx
    Fanta - 5 onyx
    Mhmsa - 5 onyx
    Mythicals - Autumn, 2 Airships
    Leela. - 2 onyx
    Wing2013 - 2 onyx
    Infinity. - 1 Large Yellow

• ItzYeBoiNubItzYeBoiNub Posts: 69Member

Hey Detech, are these good examples for landmarks?

You should enter Arcy!
    Those are awesome Arcane! Bathhouse is my fav build!
    I hope you take it slow if you come back. There is no need to make a full landmark every day like you did last time :))))
    edited February 20
    Arcane has donated Leap, Stunt, Dig Dug and 5 onyx for the competition!
    Can someone comment, which painting is worth more than the others, so I could place them accordingly?
    LANDMARK COMP
    level: EXPERT
    Entry #3 Google.com
    The Deepworldian Ice King's Hanging Castle

Google.jpg
    1520 x 2347 - 2M
    3 Google.jpg
    1520 x 2347 - 2M
    hehe is mine next
  • WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Posts: 331Member
    Stunt, Leap, Dig dug
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 777Member

I shall donate!

edited February 21
    I feel bad, but I had to turn down Pablo's entry :(
    I mean I went through all the trouble of making a novice comp cause of Pablo's complaining in Mofc's comp and Pablo in return comes with: "But effort is hard"

Come on Pablo!!! Your good at storytelling! Make an entry that says a thousand words!

Also guys, please make sure you are completely finished with your entry before submitting. don't want redoing screenshots to be my hobby for the next month and a half.

Let's start putting entries in mid March. Maybe I'll get someone to help me screenshot them as well :)
    pablo feb 20 2019.jpg
    1086 x 951 - 920K
    Mine is finished, won't be adding anything now