Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

SHOULD WE RESET THE GAME ?

13»

Comments

  • PatrickRPatrickR Posts: 129Member
    ITEMS RESET

    A thing I had suggested in the past was that Mike could shut down the game for a few days until he implements a change which eliminates duplication from the game and of course hunts down duped items and bans dupers. Again, there would be no time limit for the shutdown and mike could take as much time as he needs.

    Or how about this: Cant mike Laurence just revert players inventories to the time when there was no duping? It wouldnt hurt as much as a total or partial reset.

  • WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Posts: 320Member
    WE WANT A HARD RESET ( worlds, items, game stats )
    At this rate, I highly doubt anything will be done; no interest in this matter was shown what so ever by Mike ( to my knowledge ). We may just need to cope with this harsh reality of which we now live.
  • PatrickRPatrickR Posts: 129Member
    ITEMS RESET

    Game Community Theme Idea: All Deepworlds guilds unite into one world order and enforce Totalitarian dystopia upon deepworld, where duped items are destroyed and dupers executed, trading only happens with certain accounts.

    I however, think this could actually make an impact, if we hunt them down like mad men, then them duping items wouldn’t work too well for them, it would it have an impact.

  • _CRYSTAL_KING__CRYSTAL_KING_ Posts: 111Member
    edited May 11
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    PatrickR said:

    Game Community Theme Idea: All Deepworlds guilds unite into one world order and enforce Totalitarian dystopia upon deepworld, where duped items are destroyed and dupers executed, trading only happens with certain accounts.

    I however, think this could actually make an impact, if we hunt them down like mad men, then them duping items wouldn’t work too well for them, it would it have an impact.

    Considering there were a total of 4 players online yesterday, I'm not so sure this will work...
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,268Member, Arbiter
    WE WANT A HARD RESET ( worlds, items, game stats )

    @Ivory I'm guessing you haven't played the game in a long while. Some players have thousands of onyx in their inventories. They duped them. Then they distributed them to the public and their alt accounts. They also did this with other rare items like Notch and Hunter Head. Now these items are all over the game - both placed in worlds in vaults, and hidden in players inventories. Mike has removed some, but there are already too many to track as most are not even traded, but placed for giveaways. I'm not even sure that Mike can track them!

    The reason a world freeze and an item reset is necessary is because it is impossible to catch them all with just one of the two options.

    @PatrickR that is a good idea! If Mike can track the items and it doesn't take too long then he could take the time to go through each item and remove the suspiscious ones. The only issues are the time it would take, some being missed as not obviously dupes, some being wrongly taken from innocent people.

    However, the more I think about it, the more problematic it becomes. Let's say that Bob bought a Notch from Jen with onyx. But Jen was a duper and the Notch has to be deleted. Then, after the removal, Bob finds himself without a Notch but Jen still has her legal onyx. That is harming the innocent.

    Another example, suppose Bob had placed that Notch at spawn in the world he built with his friend Bess. After the reset, the Notch is gone. Both Bob and Bess had access to it and now Bob doesn't trust Bess 100% - he might even assume that she took the Notch (and in the reverse scenario, she could have).

    The removal of all duped items would create a lot of unrest amongst the players. It would have to Ben accompanied by tailor made messages to each player saying what items were removed. Even then, the first problem of dupers still profiting would remain.

  • WhatsHisHeadWhatsHisHead // Deepgate //Posts: 320Member
    WE WANT A HARD RESET ( worlds, items, game stats )
    Someone should throw Mike a offer for the game rights...
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 761Member
    ITEMS RESET

    I would buy this game if I could

  • Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack California-ParisPosts: 315Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    I’m sorry, but we must confront some truths. Any kind of strategy involving resetting sounds so unpleasant to many of us, and probably it will get worse. People don’t want to lose their efforts for nothing. Duplication is not over, and it will continue afterwards. It will created a bigger problem. The only solution is to get rid of the duplication itself. // Apart from that, in such case I would have done it before but I am pretty busy. Someone young, passionate and brilliant would do it.
  • ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Posts: 342Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING

    It’s the devs job to fix their broken game

  • IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorPosts: 109Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    AMWhy said:

    @Ivory I'm guessing you haven't played the game in a long while. Some players have thousands of onyx in their inventories. They duped them. Then they distributed them to the public and their alt accounts. They also did this with other rare items like Notch and Hunter Head. Now these items are all over the game - both placed in worlds in vaults, and hidden in players inventories. Mike has removed some, but there are already too many to track as most are not even traded, but placed for giveaways. I'm not even sure that Mike can track them!

    The reason a world freeze and an item reset is necessary is because it is impossible to catch them all with just one of the two options.

    @PatrickR that is a good idea! If Mike can track the items and it doesn't take too long then he could take the time to go through each item and remove the suspiscious ones. The only issues are the time it would take, some being missed as not obviously dupes, some being wrongly taken from innocent people.

    However, the more I think about it, the more problematic it becomes. Let's say that Bob bought a Notch from Jen with onyx. But Jen was a duper and the Notch has to be deleted. Then, after the removal, Bob finds himself without a Notch but Jen still has her legal onyx. That is harming the innocent.

    Another example, suppose Bob had placed that Notch at spawn in the world he built with his friend Bess. After the reset, the Notch is gone. Both Bob and Bess had access to it and now Bob doesn't trust Bess 100% - he might even assume that she took the Notch (and in the reverse scenario, she could have).

    The removal of all duped items would create a lot of unrest amongst the players. It would have to Ben accompanied by tailor made messages to each player saying what items were removed. Even then, the first problem of dupers still profiting would remain.

    Then I am sure Mike has some control over how much of what is in the game, but snapping all our stuff and worlds, private or otherwise, doesn't make sense. The only thing I really want to have happen besides duplicators being removed is better control of markets. It's spammy and laggy.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsPosts: 480Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    As long as nothing new can be duped, the economy will stabilize. I see no reason to reset.
  • Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack California-ParisPosts: 315Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    Actually, you guys know what? Well, I was just playing piano, and then I noticed that what actually matters to me is you guys. Yes, the game’s society itself. On the other hand, of course my possessions do matter to my solicitude. Whose doesn’t? Those presents we have given to each other, and our grails we have attained while it had been laborious and onerous. At least we have given our precious time, which is out of the question. But to keep that in mind, we did it together. That’s why I can’t compare y’all to my possessions. It is quite true that many beloved faces have disappeared while the playerbase has been in decrease for the past few years. Apart from that, there is a possibility I have been thinking of for a few days, but now I think it was rather emotional than logical. So, guys, do whatever yourselves want to – just don’t destroy the game. And while doing that, please don’t underestimate the importance of including everybody’s opinion about that.

    Besides, with the aspiration of not creating any contradictions, I really do wonder: why don’t we just disable the duplication? Is it impossible? Let’s say we did, then do we really need the “reset”? Is it that intolerable to move on with that? Plus, as Bastian has said, the economy could stabilize.
    What I’m trying to ask here is: Is it completely necessary?
    Thank you. :)
  • DerpyDerpDerpyDerp Posts: 28Member
    The reset wouldn't do anything, duping would still exist.
  • _CRYSTAL_KING__CRYSTAL_KING_ Posts: 111Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    DerpyDerp said:

    The reset wouldn't do anything, duping would still exist.

    The idea is that the duplication glitch is patched prior to the game being reset.
  • DerpyDerpDerpyDerp Posts: 28Member
  • _CRYSTAL_KING__CRYSTAL_KING_ Posts: 111Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    DerpyDerp said:

    They’d probably just find a new one.

    I would say though, the game remained duper and patcher free for the best part of 5 years. It is only recently that this has become an issue.

  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,924Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    I'm starting to think that Mike is legitimately dead.
  • Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack California-ParisPosts: 315Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    It doesn't necessarily mean that duplication and patching were impossible back then. We may even suggest that we've been depending on luck for many years.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesPosts: 3,120Member
    edited May 14

    In any case, this thread has more or less served its purpose and even if the whims of the community were to decide the fate of the game, seeing as at this time, almost everyone who will vote has already voted (and yes I'm not gonna "vote" I don't exactly play dw) , the poll is clearly in favour of not resting progress to null.

    I think this thread can be closed at this point. @Sirentist @Everywhen

  • Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack California-ParisPosts: 315Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    ^ Yea, please.
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,268Member, Arbiter
    edited May 14
    WE WANT A HARD RESET ( worlds, items, game stats )

    It would be great if it were that simple. No one WANTS a reset. It's the last thing I would choose. However it's the only option suggested that has a shot at restoring the game and giving us a positive future. It's the price we would have to pay to get the game back.


    Of course, until duping and patching are stopped, there is no point in doing anything.

  • quini98quini98 BelgiumPosts: 621Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    I have been playing this game for over 6 years. It would be a shame to see all my progress go to waste...
  • DerpyDerpDerpyDerp Posts: 28Member

    Because nobody was interested in doing so back then.

  • _CRYSTAL_KING__CRYSTAL_KING_ Posts: 111Member
    edited May 17
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    DerpyDerp said:

    Because nobody was interested in doing so back then.

    I disagree...people are always trying to find hacks and exploits. Likelihood is that a recent update made it vulnerable, or they have only just been able to find a way to do it now. It's not like the whole community just suddenly decided they wanted to cheat.
  • _CRYSTAL_KING__CRYSTAL_KING_ Posts: 111Member
    NO RESET/KEEP DUPING
    quini98 said:

    I have been playing this game for over 6 years. It would be a shame to see all my progress go to waste...

    Likewise. I've spent more than 1000 hours playing this game (I don't even know how that's possible) and it would be a shame to see all that go to waste. With that said, it's somewhat already gone to waste considering all my rares are worthless now and I've lost all motivation to play...
Sign In or Register to comment.