Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Try to not let this game have a fate like Roblox sorta did

13»

Comments

• SirSlothSirSloth AmericuhMember Posts: 1,399
    edited June 2013

This thread has become one of the closest things to a full on battlefield. The funny side of this is that I am sure that integrity didn't want this to become an argument battle.
    From me point of view he was just stating that he doesn't want deepworld to have a fate like that of roblax. This fate being corrupted be greed. He has never said that he thought deepworld already is corrupt. That is an assumption that everyone seems too have jumped to, and for the life if me I have no idea how or why.
    How about we all agree to not post any more assumptions unroll integrity has explained his line of of thought to us.

The thing though is that you can't assume what he meant. Many say that what INTEGRATY said was only a cautious warning. I would agree, but this statement he made was:

"You need to pay real money to unlock individual places. That's what I mean by corrupted by greed"

Premium worlds in Deepworld are only able to access after purchasing premium with "real money". By only reading the quote above, one uses logical reasoning of the sentences structures to determine that INTEGRATY thinks paying to access these premium-only areas corrupts a game that uses such.
    This may be wrong, but I keep asking for an explanation.

The original poster hasn't re-stated his argument to reinforce his ideas, so we're left scrambling for assumptions that we think make sense.
  • jellysnakejellysnake http://jellysnake.net/Member Posts: 6,323
    edited June 2013
    SirSloth said:

This thread has become one of the closest things to a full on battlefield. The funny side of this is that I am sure that integrity didn't want this to become an argument battle.
    From me point of view he was just stating that he doesn't want deepworld to have a fate like that of roblax. This fate being corrupted be greed. He has never said that he thought deepworld already is corrupt. That is an assumption that everyone seems too have jumped to, and for the life if me I have no idea how or why.
    How about we all agree to not post any more assumptions unroll integrity has explained his line of of thought to us.

The thing though is that you can't assume what he meant. Many say that what INTEGRATY said was only a cautious warning. I would agree, but this statement he made was:

"You need to pay real money to unlock individual places. That's what I mean by corrupted by greed"

Premium worlds in Deepworld are only able to access after purchasing premium with "real money". By only reading the quote above, one uses logical reasoning of the sentences structures to determine that INTEGRATY thinks paying to access these premium-only areas corrupts a game that uses such.

The original poster hasn't re-stated his argument to reinforce his ideas, so we're left scrambling for assumptions that we think make sense.
    However you only have to pay a one time payment and then you have access to all private worlds. That quote is saying that if ,hypothetically, Winchcombe and Mount Woodbridge were premium then you would have to pay to access one of them, and then have to pay again to access the other.

Also that quote is just stating what he considers to be an example of greed. He does not mention deepworld in connection to this statement anywhere and so the reader is somehow connecting that to deepworld. The reader also guesses that he knows about premium worlds.
  • AlanzliuAlanzliu Uptown FunkMember Posts: 1,601
    The truth sucks but, money buys freedom.

This thread has become one of the closest things to a full on battlefield.

This is nowhere near a battlefield.. If you saw what happened on 4chan 3 years ago... The huge flame wars between the bronies and the trolls. Ah those where the times... Until we all got banned...

• FactorVxFactorVx Member Posts: 987
    edited June 2013
    SirSloth said:

I'd try to stay away from guessing peoples' ages. You can't simply know how old someone is depending on their language skills. Some people develop longer than others. :)

Note: not everyone has english as main language, which is why I want hobo to send me a list of grammar fails.
    INTEGRATY said:

Finally someone understands. I'll admit, I can get angry pretty fast, especially with negative feedback... I don't usually get this mad/annoyed though

If people disagrees just live with it. You shouldn't start flamming people and the community just because they disagree with you..? There's a difference between ''getting angry pretty fast'' and not respecting people's opinion when it contradicts yours.

When you post an idea, you should be open to both good and bad suggestions, and try to see it from everyone's point of view. Rather than going- U NO KNO MY IDEA, U STOOOPEED, perhaps you should ask yourself instead, what part of my idea is flawed? What can I do to make it better? And when receiving positive feedback, accept it with humility.

Also, this thread is Sparta. I like cheese.

Agreed. ..Hmm.. what's that? Oh yes, an off-topic flag from a person.. a person that doesn't know what humility means.
    INTEGRATY said:

When you post an idea, you should be open to both good and bad suggestions, and try to see it from everyone's point of view. Rather than going- U NO KNO MY IDEA, U STOOOPEED, perhaps you should ask yourself instead, what part of my idea is flawed? What can I do to make it better? And when receiving positive feedback, accept it with humility.

Also, this thread is Sparta. I like cheese.

This isn't a suggestion
    You can't tolerate an opinion that contradicts yours anyway.. If you're really willing to share an idea then you should be prepared for all kind of opinions.. the problem is that you're not even trying to discuss properly and start arguing.
    --
    About your response to my post:

If you don't like this community just because it disagrees with you, move on.. the problem is that your lack of humility in what comes to discussing ideas won't let you discuss properly.

When I have a problem with my behavior, I TRY to solve it, and better, I am successful. If you don't try you'll never do it.
    INTEGRATY said:

I sense the coming of another error_404 avalanche...

U NO KNO MY IDEA, U STOOOPEED
    What's your point here?
    -------------------------------------------
    Now my opinion:

-INTEGRATY started a discussion to tell people to not let deepworld become greedy;
    -IF he did, there was surely a reason.
    -IF there was a reason, the reason had to be relationed to the topic.
    -WHICH leads us to believe INTEGRATY feels deepworld becoming greedy.

This is why everyone thinks INTEGRATY's opinion is the following: ''deepworld is going to be corrupted by greed if we don't stop this'', since, apparently, it already shows negative signs about that, such as.. hmm.. crowns?

@INTEGRATY
    If you don't mean such thing then you should explain your idea better..
    -------------------------------------------

I think we should give him a little discount.. he came from Roblox anyway.

Edit:

Is short words, and back on the topic, deepworlds online engine and networking cannot run without money. Thats why games like this needs money.

This...
    Hero_Act said:

Is short words, and back on the topic, deepworlds online engine and networking cannot run without money. Thats why games like this needs money.

To add on to this, not only does the bills for deepworld need to be paid, the Devs are regular people just like you and me. They need to eat, they need to sleep, they need shelter, water, electricity, etc. you can't really call that greed, now can you? If you do, then you might as well just call every person on the planet greedy. The Devs need more than just the deepworld bills to live.

EDIT: and chipotle. The Devs need Chipolte to survive.

But Lisa gets ice cream, very large ice creams.
    ...this...
    Alanliu said:

The truth sucks but, money buys freedom.

...and this.

EDIT(2): @Alanliu, exceptions exist.
    Post edited by FactorVx on
    edited June 2013
    FactorVx said:

I think we should give him a little discount.. he came from Roblox anyway.

I came from roblox as well and you don't see me speaking like that. In fact roblox is the reason why I speak like I do now, with capitals and punctuation.

(In game that is.. Auto correct does most of my work on the forums)
  • Holy_HoboHoly_Hobo Member Posts: 980
    @INTEGRATY , please stop spamming the off topic button with everyone you disagree with.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    He is too long gone now, there is no use "saving"
    Him.
  • SirSlothSirSloth AmericuhMember Posts: 1,399
    edited June 2013
    FactorVx said:

Now my opinion:

-INTEGRATY started a discussion to tell people to not let deepworld become greedy;
    -IF he did, there was surely a reason.
    -IF there was a reason, the reason had to be relationed to the topic.
    -WHICH leads us to believe INTEGRATY feels deepworld becoming greedy.

I agree with FactorVx completely. INTEGRATY is still active on the forums for sure, but he seems to avoid this thread and not clear up his own argument.
    He must be getting notifications that we post comments on his own thread, right?

He has the power to stop this argument, yet he says nothing. Because of this, we can only assume what he meant and drive this thread deeper into conflict.

SirSloth said:

However you only have to pay a one time payment and then you have access to all private worlds. That quote is saying that if ,hypothetically, Winchcombe and Mount Woodbridge were premium then you would have to pay to access one of them, and then have to pay again to access the other.

Also that quote is just stating what he considers to be an example of greed. He does not mention deepworld in connection to this statement anywhere and so the reader is somehow connecting that to deepworld. The reader also guesses that he knows about premium worlds.
    I'm sorry, but you keep suggesting what INTEGRATY meant even though there's no facts to support it. The only person who knows what he said is the one who said it.
    "The reader also guesses" is the only thing the reader can do at this point.
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Member Posts: 3,673
    INTEGRATY said:

Taurok said:

I agree that the devs arent greedy, not at all! And they deserve alot of money for they created such a wonderful game as deepworld. We all like deepworld, dont we? But, the point integraty is trying to tell, is not that they ARE greedy, more that we should'nt let them BECOME greedy, (which they wont of course). I do not know much about roblox, (just that deepworld is better) :P but i a pretty sure that roblox isnt a indie game, and i know that it is pretty well known, by that means they probably have alot of money by now. What INTEGRATY is telling, is that much of the things in roblox are overpriced and lost its fun. What he is saying, is that he hopes that the same thing dont happen to deepworld. He dont want bytebin to become a big company. In my opinion, deepworld has a very good community because of that there arent that many players. And the devs are alwayseasy to contact. Lets compare with minecraft, you dont really see notch running around on servers, no?

First off, notch doesn't work for minecraft anymore, and second
    It's hard to like a game like deepworld with one of the worst communities, tied with growtopia and roblox
    We are one of the BEST communities! IF you are a nice and "good" person. There is a reason people don't like you.
  • DraculDracul après moi, le délugeMember Posts: 1,559
    It would of been an ok thread. Problem is INTEGRATY kept on either disagreeing or off topic-ing things that disagreed with him
    Holy_Hobo said:

I have been thinking of a few funny but truthful ways to call people out on their age... This is one of them, i won't say what though...

I now agree with what this guy said. -_-
  • FactorVxFactorVx Member Posts: 987
    edited June 2013

It would of been an ok thread. Problem is INTEGRATY kept on either disagreeing or off topic-ing things that disagreed with him

Holy_Hobo said:

I have been thinking of a few funny but truthful ways to call people out on their age... This is one of them, i won't say what though...

I now agree with what this guy said. -_-
    And insulting.. insulting our community... and before he did that, he was disrespectful with a trustworthy person... if he messes with one of us, he messes with everyone.
    This... this is the end of this discussion...
    @lisa, I'm calling you!

Edit:

@lisa is away, she hasn't been on the forums for a long time.

@lusa, see what happens when your not here? we need you!

Hmm.. you forgot @losa..

Edit(2):
    INTEGRATY said:

Ok then. Lemme abuse the flag

At least he's honest..
    Someone needs a perma-ban :P
    Post edited by FactorVx on
  • conquerer443conquerer443 guessMember Posts: 1,581
    @lisa is away, she hasn't been on the forums for a long time.

@lusa, see what happens when your not here? we need you!
  • Kukky2Kukky2 WinterMember Posts: 2,333
    edited June 2013
    Woah, INTEGRATY! I just got 2 abuses for things that are not even related to this! Are you serious?

Edit: Ok, he is jailed.
    Post edited by Kukky2 on
This discussion has been closed.