Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arbiter Applications

Comments

• lisalisa ice cream parlorPosts: 5,129Administrator
    p1nkbr0 said:

lisa said:

p1nkbr0 said:

How do I vote on reports? I'd like to be an "arbiter" because pirate cannibalism is the hip new thing.

Wait what?! We have pirates? And they are cannibals???!!!
    ARRRbiter!!!! :ar!
    I can't believe I missed that.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkPosts: 5,951Member
    Is it me or has the thread glitched, as I am seeing old posts? Either that or I am on the 2nd tier of insanity. . .
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Posts: 4,035Member, Arbiter
    A little over a week and this has not got any progress.

That I have known.
  • MidoriMidori Posts: 350Member
    I request creation of Guides category section to help players with upcoming quests and ''how to''
    as there are not many helpfull information on wiki page
    and most of them are outdated or do not work because of bugs

stuff like: Beginner's Tip You must have a Premium account to upgrade skills beyond level 3.
    also make ppl not even install this game

I would reccomend myself to fix some things but I can not because honestly my english is barely good enought to make comments in offtopic section

but I will gladly make some guides if such section get support

I already saw ppl go crazy because of scorpion tails in this forum and ingame

• ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    Midori said:

I request creation of Guides category section to help players with upcoming quests and ''how to''
    stuff like: also make ppl not even install this game
    I would reccomend myself to fix some things but I can not because honestly my english is barely good enought to make comments in offtopic section

No skill likits anymore.

Midori said:

No skill likits anymore.
    that is what I say

it is outdated and needs to be removed

http://www.deepworldgame.com/pages/skills

still there
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,942Member
    toadlover said:

I do happen to fit all of the requirements, and I would like to put my name up there for becoming an Arbiter. I'd be honored to have the position.

Same here :D
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Posts: 4,035Member, Arbiter
    edited May 2015
    Midori said:

Midori said:

No skill likits anymore.
    that is what I say

still there
    By the way this should have been a thread, and this is off-topic.

Please note that deepworld only has probably around less than 50 editors, and editing things can get boring.

I'll get to editing that, however.

I checked, and it seems up to date before the horticulture update, only one was skill cap.
    Kliuqard said:

Midori said:

Midori said:

No skill likits anymore.
    that is what I say

still there

Please note that deepworld only has probably around less than 50 editors, and editing things can get boring.

I checked, and it seems up to date before the horticulture update, only one was skill cap.
    allright i get that editing is boring I just say that I want guide section of forum
    ppl got 2focused on unimportant part of my post
  • stingerbee5000stingerbee5000 In a hive.Posts: 2,911Member, Arbiter
    Midori said:

Kliuqard said:

Midori said:

Midori said:

No skill likits anymore.
    that is what I say

still there

allright i get that editing is boring I just say that I want guide section of forum
    ppl got 2focused on unimportant part of my post
    I thought it was 'by invitation only' meaning that 'don't ask us, we'll ask you' policy was in place.

Because I'd sure like to fill out a few of the accessories and what not that are just blank.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkPosts: 5,951Member
    Just a question, but has anyone been made Arbiter yet?
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,123Member, Moderator, Arbiter

Just a question, but has anyone been made Arbiter yet?

Apart from when people were accidentally arbitered, then no.
    Arbiters have been extremely delayed.
  • AmberLABAmberLAB Ontario, CanadaPosts: 1,719Member
    I forget if I actually applied to be an Arbiter after reaching the requirements... Well, anyways, I'd love to apply and become an Arbiter! :)
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,123Member, Moderator, Arbiter

The first batch of Arbiters have been set. Dear Arbiters, please be kind with your powers. Let's not be too overzealous about off-topics and the little things.

But do flag clear ToS violations and spam, as well as severe off-topics / thread derailments. Thanks!

Ah right.
    ^I think i may have hit flag instead of quote then :''''''''(
    Sorrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy. old habits...
    Alright, can't wait- hope to see a better forum soon
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Doing cool programming thingsPosts: 1,019Member
    Appears new things have started to show up like spam and abuse, happy to see the devs are still trying to keep up with little things like this, hope it all goes well, i guess im gonna just continue to edit the codex haha
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,431Member, Arbiter
    Since we can't really do anything about threads or posts that call out people, would that be a condition in which we flag the post?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,366Member, Administrator
    toadlover said:

Since we can't really do anything about threads or posts that call out people, would that be a condition in which we flag the post?

Yes, any thread / post that calls out people should be flagged as "abuse" (Vanilla's term for ToS violations).
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Doing cool programming thingsPosts: 1,019Member
    toadlover said:

Probably, if it breaks something in the ToS or is just plain old mean/offensive you would mark it as either spam or abuse depending on how bad it is, I could be wrong but just a guess
    edited June 2015

toadlover said:

Probably, if it breaks something in the ToS or is just plain old mean/offensive you would mark it as either spam or abuse depending on how bad it is, I could be wrong but just a guess
    Yeah, I guess go with your gut. Over time, we'll get a clearer picture of what is flaggable etc.
    EDIT: I'm not going to bother going and retflagging the stuff from the past few days.
    Let's just let those sink to the bottom of the forums?
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    edited June 2015
    Everywhen said:

toadlover said:

Yeah, I guess go with your gut. Over time, we'll get a clearer picture of what is flaggable etc.
    EDIT: I'm not going to bother going and retflagging the stuff from the past few days.
    Let's just let those sink to the bottom of the forums?
    Yeah, I'm probably not gonna use the flag button unless it obviously breaks ToS.

Off-topic: I checked my flags and I made the stupidest comments when I was new >_<
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,431Member, Arbiter
    Also, could there be a new forum section that only arbiters can post in and view? This would be useful to arbiters so that we can communicate amongst ourselves over any issues that arise.
  • Kukky2Kukky2 WinterPosts: 2,333Member
    Oh since when was this a thing? Would have loved to become an arbiter and assist in keeping the forums nice and tidy. I guess next batch then!

Although I only have ~100 report votes. Meh. :/
    toadlover said:

Also, could there be a new forum section that only arbiters can post in and view? This would be useful to arbiters so that we can communicate amongst ourselves over any issues that arise.

I think a PM group message would be sufficient?
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,085Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    I just looked at my activity page and I seem to have a bunch of random abuse flags. I do remember one or two from the alt of a forum member who's always had a giant chip on his shoulder about me, but I don't recall there being that many before the ability to flag stuff as abusive was removed.

Is anyone else seeing abuse flags like this? It's just one flag per post, all on very old posts, from what I can tell.

I'm unable to determine who actually did the flagging, though. I remember we used to be able to see that.
    Sirentist said:

I just looked at my activity page and I seem to have a bunch of random abuse flags. I do remember one or two from the alt of a forum member who's always had a giant chip on his shoulder about me, but I don't recall there being that many before the ability to flag stuff as abusive was removed.

Is anyone else seeing abuse flags like this? It's just one flag per post, all on very old posts, from what I can tell.

I'm unable to determine who actually did the flagging, though. I remember we used to be able to see that.

Anonymity is good though to prevent hate.

I have 2 abuses. Both probably deserved, one more than the other.
    Sirentist said:

There was a rather nasty person who went around flagging quite a lot of posts just to upset people.

If you go on my profile and see my flags, check the flagger- I think the name will jog the memory