Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Arbiter Applications

Comments

• SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,076Member, Moderator, Arbiter

Sirentist said:

I just looked at my activity page and I seem to have a bunch of random abuse flags. I do remember one or two from the alt of a forum member who's always had a giant chip on his shoulder about me, but I don't recall there being that many before the ability to flag stuff as abusive was removed.

Is anyone else seeing abuse flags like this? It's just one flag per post, all on very old posts, from what I can tell.

I'm unable to determine who actually did the flagging, though. I remember we used to be able to see that.

There was a rather nasty person who went around flagging quite a lot of posts just to upset people.

If you go on my profile and see my flags, check the flagger- I think the name will jog the memory
    LOL, I have 33 abuses!

Wait, how do you check the flagger?
  • stingerbee5000stingerbee5000 In a hive.Posts: 2,911Member, Arbiter
    @Sirentist
    If you look on the posts I was flagged on, you should hit the flag and then the one with a number
    Just like with any reactionimage
    image.jpg
    411 x 260 - 28K
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,076Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    Ohhh. I was afraid to hit that because I didn't want to accidentally flag anything, ha!
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,119Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    Sirentist said:

Ohhh. I was afraid to hit that because I didn't want to accidentally flag anything, ha!

Ohhhhhh. So that's how it works
    I believe that it should work like all the other reactions.
    Tap once to see who else reacted, a second time to react yourself
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Posts: 4,035Member, Arbiter
    edited June 2015
    I'm interested on knowing fellow arbiters, and for the forums to know what will be marking posts for the forum.

Also, how convientent! I came back from my break on the day arbiters come.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,119Member, Moderator, Arbiter

My Phone tends to be dodgier.
    If you tap to see, it just reacts
    Everywhen said:

My Phone tends to be dodgier.
    If you tap to see, it just reacts
    I'm sorry your phone is so easily startled.
    Perhaps you should moderate its sugar and coffee intake.
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Posts: 4,035Member, Arbiter
    edited June 2015
    I decided to search the whole thread to find out my fellow arbiters and let everyone else know who is keeping the forum nice a tidy as well as our administrators.
    Please note, I am subject to human error and might have missed some.

As of current, the forum has 13 arbiters, and here is the list.

@Sirentist, @Kliuqard, @AquaPhynn, @Toadlover, @stingerbee5000, @DaMorlock, @Clueboe, @Ipads, @DaBiscuitGod, @Aura, @Outofthelyric, @SuperSpyroSpam, @Everywhen.

ETA: Oh.. Mike.. Lol.
    Post edited by Kliuqard on
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,365Member, Administrator
    Kliuqard said:

I decided to search the whole thread to find out my fellow arbiters and let everyone else know who is keeping the forum nice a tidy as well as our administrators.

As of current, the forum has 10 arbiters, and here is the list.

@Sirentist, @Kliuqard, @AquaPhynn, @Toadlover, @stingerbee5000, @DaMorlock, @Clueboe, @Ipads, @DaBiscuitGod, @Aura.

10 being when I got tired of using Vanilla's interface to assign roles :) I'll get the rest done later this week...
    Oh, is that an accurate list? Because I've counted 11 so far as I dug a bit deeper into the forums and found Outofthelyric as an arbiter.
    Kliuqard said:

Oh, is that an accurate list? Because I've counted 11 so far as I dug a bit deeper into the forums and found Outofthelyric as an arbiter.

Or 11... whichever :)
    Kliuqard said:

@Sirentist, @Kliuqard, @AquaPhynn, @Toadlover, @stingerbee5000, @DaMorlock, @Clueboe, @Ipads, @DaBiscuitGod, @Aura.

Ouch. </3
  • ClueboeClueboe The AoD Headquarters... Wherever it is...Posts: 2,302Member, Arbiter
    Are arbiters the only ones able to flag/offtopic posts?
    Clueboe said:

Yeah, in flagging, spam is for bots, abuse is for breach of ToS
    Clueboe said:

Yes.

@Sirentist
    If you look on the posts I was flagged on, you should hit the flag and then the one with a number
    Just like with any reactionimage

Oh the memories...
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,432Member, Arbiter
    edited June 2015
    Everywhen said:

Kliuqard said:

(list of 10 arbiters, removed to avoid unecessary tagging)

Ouch. </3</p>
    There are at least eleven. You missed yourself, silly. @Everywhen

Oops, I totally missed that there was a quote within a quote. Apparently I can't read. Disregard this.
  • SpyroSpyro We're only people (And theres not much anyone can do about that)Posts: 1,700Member, Arbiter
    toadlover said:

Everywhen said:

Kliuqard said:

(list of 10 arbiters, removed to avoid unecessary tagging)

Ouch. </3</p>
    There are at least eleven. You missed yourself, silly. @Everywhen

Oops, I totally missed that there was a quote within a quote. Apparently I can't read. Disregard this.
    Ya forgot me! Don't leave me behind!
    edited June 2015
    Y'know, tracking these arbiters are hillarious to find.. I just keep finding more.
    Post edited by Kliuqard on
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    Kliuqard said:

Y'know, tracking this arbiters are hillarious to find.. I just keep finding more.

Marco!
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Posts: 1,232Member
    Good luck to all the arbiters to maintain a safe and healthy ( conversation-wise ) environment in this forums and make deepworld one of of the best games ever starting from its forums !
    Have this clover for luck !image
    image.jpg
    400 x 400 - 15K
  • SigzhSigzh At St. Lamia, beating stuff with my 6*sPosts: 327Member
    FlynnXD said:

Good luck to all the arbiters to maintain a safe and healthy ( conversation-wise ) environment in this forums and make deepworld one of of the best games ever starting from its forums !
    Have this clover for luck !image

Should've given them a rabbitfoot.. :P

Kliuqard said:

Y'know, tracking this arbiters are hillarious to find.. I just keep finding more.

Marco!
    Polo?
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    Everywhen said:

Kliuqard said:

Marco!
    Polo?
    Thats 'bout 2 arbiters so far that I counted.
    tjergoz said:

Now, I do not meet the requirements of the reporting part, but I believe, and I hope, and think that a huge part of the forums can vouche. I think that my amout of points (more then the double of what is required) and my two and a half year of both in game and forum experience can compensate that.

I nominate myself for the next round of arbiters.

Mike said they were ignoring the reporting requirement for now I believe.
  • Kukky2Kukky2 WinterPosts: 2,333Member
    @Everywhen that was until June, no?
    Yeah, reporting is now a requirement, and I have no idea if there are exceptions.
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,439Member, Arbiter
    Kliuqard said:

Yeah, reporting is now a requirement, and I have no idea if there are exceptions.

I don't know either, but it's worth the shot. I have seen this forum going into an downward spiral, watching it happen while I could not take any action. I feel like I must contribute with improving the environment for everyone.