Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arbiter Applications

Comments

• EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,123Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    Kukky2 said:

@Everywhen that was until June, no?

Oh. But like. Oh. Soz
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    Everywhen said:

Raises hand for TJ as well

Same
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Posts: 4,035Member, Arbiter
    Approved vouch for tj.
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Posts: 1,165Member
    tjergoz said:

Now, I do not meet the requirements of the reporting part, but I believe, and I hope, and think that a huge part of the forums can vouche. I think that my amout of points (more then the double of what is required) and my two and a half year of both in game and forum experience can compensate that.

I nominate myself for the next round of arbiters.

If there aren't any exceptions, it shouldn't bee too hard to increase your rating. If you've got spare time, just head over to the reporting page! I've gotten over 1,000 reports completed over the past two months. Best of luck, friend:)
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Doing cool programming thingsPosts: 1,019Member
    Im gonna meet those requirements some day
    Kukky2 said:

I just met all the requirements for this now. :D

Hopefully I can finally help out the community here. :)

I can vouch for @Kukky2 to become an arbiter!
  • jellysnakejellysnake http://jellysnake.net/Posts: 6,329Member
    I would like to place an application for becoming an arbiter.

While I do think that TJ is worth of an arbiter position, I cannot vouch for him. While it may seem harsh, my stance is that lowering or altering the restrictions for one person is going to cause more trouble than good.
  • DraculDracul après moi, le délugePosts: 1,559Member
    I'd like to place an application to become an arbiter to rain on your parade.
  • LadySkrillexLadySkrillex At coachellaPosts: 791Member
    Well I'd love to apply! I just need, uhh, maybe 10 more points... Plus another 1,596 but that's it! Can I be one? Lol...
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Posts: 4,035Member, Arbiter
    Might I ask a question? Why is it required to be an order of the crow to be an arbiter? This requirement is indirect, but is there since you need to be an order of the crow to vote on reports. You are dealing with only forum stuff, and nothing related to deepworld information.

Unless this so called "moderator" role has to do with in-game stuff, I don't think this is a requirement needed.

If the moderator role does have to do with in-game, then I believe this indirect requirement goes well with this progression.

Guest -> Applicant -> Member -> Arbiter -> Moderator -> Administrator.*

*I don't think administrator will be a given role if there is a progression.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,123Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    Kliuqard said:

Might I ask a question? Why is it required to be an order of the crow to be an arbiter? This requirement is indirect, but is there since you need to be an order of the crow to vote on reports. You are dealing with only forum stuff, and nothing related to deepworld information.

Unless this so called "moderator" role has to do with in-game stuff, I don't think this is a requirement needed.

If the moderator role does have to do with in-game, then I believe this indirect requirement goes well with this progression.

Generally its a step to make sure that arbiters are active in game players too. That way they integrate into the community better.

At least, that's my thoughts
    You raise a good point, except that arbiters are strictly forums stuff and fitting in the community is fufilled by the "be a member for six months" requirement.
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Posts: 3,673Member
    Kliuqard said:

I think it has to do with the arbiter's judgement. One of an arbiter's job is to help resolve conflicts/fights. If an arbiter shows good judgement when voting, they'll probably be able to use that 'on the field'.
    Bulk said:

Kliuqard said:

I think it has to do with the arbiter's judgement. One of an arbiter's job is to help resolve conflicts/fights. If an arbiter shows good judgement when voting, they'll probably be able to use that 'on the field'.
    You took the words right out of my mouth, man.
    Bulk said:

Kliuqard said:

"Good judgement on the field"
    I tend to fly around arguing people /saying that their potatoes, before dropping a bomb and redirecting anger.

Not sure that constitutes good judgement hhahaha
  • Steve777Steve777 Jumping through time. 1 s/second.Posts: 1,233Member

I don't want everyone to worry about refreshing reports every second. Let's just skip the reporting requirement for now, but we will resume it in May and any arbiters will have until June to get their reporting stats in line.

Aww :( I wish I had 2k points.

• GuardofthedragonGuardofthedragon Stargate CommandPosts: 2,624Member
    I'm interested in getting back into the community once again. As an arbiter I believe I can be of help to the forums and at least try and clean them up a bit when it is needed.

Err... I'm 90% certain I fulfill those requirements though, I'll have a look!
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,440Member, Arbiter

I'm interested in getting back into the community once again. As an arbiter I believe I can be of help to the forums and at least try and clean them up a bit when it is needed.

YAYAYAYAYAYAY GUARD IS BACK! :D
    tjergoz said:

YAYAYAYAYAYAY GUARD IS BACK! :D
    He is back :O
  • ZhaykZhayk Arctic Blitz, DeepworldPosts: 420Member

Note: This post will be stickied permanently in the "Forum Development" category. Also, please use this category for all forum-specific feedback like moderator-type requests, badges, leaderboards, etc.

Arbiter is a new role we are introducing that will help add some player-directed guidance to the forums. We're taking baby steps here, so no full-on moderation quite yet. However, arbiters will have sole power to denote off-topics, flag posts, and that sort of thing.

Post here if you fufill the requirements below and would like to be considered. We will add Arbiters on a rolling basis, so please do not ask again and again if you can be added. It may happen soon or later or never.

Requirements:
    - You must have at least 2,000 forum points
    - You must have been a member for at least six months
    - You must have voted on at least 200 reports and have a report voting score of at least 100 (Note this rule goes into effect in May for new arbiters and June for existing ones).

*The requirements may change at a later date depending on how things go.

How do you get a report voting score?
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Posts: 1,165Member
    @Xx_CATCLONE_xX , you have to go to http://www.deepworldgame.com/reports and vote on whether you believe the highlighted person should be punished or not. Towards the top of the screen you can see your total number of votes and your voting score. I believe the way it works is whenever you follow the majority of the votes, you earn one point, and whenever you don't, you lose one point. Good luck!
  • Demon_WolfDemon_Wolf Look behind you, am i there? look in front of you, then look behind you again, i'm tripled!Posts: 1,425Member
    -gravedig-
    Found it! For anyone who is willing!
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    IF they are accepting applications, I think I fulfill the requirements now. However, if they're not, then their choice is obvious.
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤPosts: 1,361Member
    :o I could be an arbiter some day!! That would be cool
  • DeathSwaggaDeathSwagga In the firey depths of hell.Posts: 493Member
    I will never be an arbiter. :disappointed:
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthPosts: 684Member
    Would like to get a recap on the requirements on arbiter and apply to be one. Sure some people on the forums can vouch for me maybe..

Asking because I see @Millicent is short 700 points of the 2k requirement, and wondered if that rule was not absolute.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkPosts: 5,951Member
    I'd like to apply for Ar-Biter, if you don't mind having me as one. Thats if you are still accepting them.