Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arbiter Applications

Comments

• ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter

Would like to get a recap on the requirements on arbiter and apply to be one. Sure some people on the forums can vouch for me maybe..

Asking because I see @Millicent is short 700 points of the 2k requirement, and wondered if that rule was not absolute.

If you have no "real" (as in given by trolls or whatnot) flags then you only need 1000 points instead of 2000
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorPosts: 5,129Administrator

Would like to get a recap on the requirements on arbiter and apply to be one. Sure some people on the forums can vouch for me maybe..

Asking because I see @Millicent is short 700 points of the 2k requirement, and wondered if that rule was not absolute.

Eagle eye you are! The arbiters voted to amend the requirements to allow anyone with over 1000 points with NO negative points against them and all other requirements filled to be allowed entry. We can definitely take new applications from those people meeting the normal, or newly amended, requirements now. Let's get some more new people in for the new year.
  • GilbyGilby Join the BK Discord: https://discord.gg/8H5zYUZPosts: 1,783Member, Arbiter
    Oh, in that case, I believe that I fit the Arbiter requirements. I'd like to sign up.
  • GuardofthedragonGuardofthedragon Stargate CommandPosts: 2,624Member
    I'd love to sign up to :) I like helping people

I'd love to sign up to :) I like helping people

Oh oh! I vouch for this guy; for whatever value my vouch is worth, I don't know lol
  • GrebebeGrebebe 2Fab4UPosts: 1,007Member, Arbiter
    I think I fit the requirements, I'd love to sign up!
    Ok let's do it this way, if you are interested in becoming an arbiter and you fit either the old requirements or the new amended points/no negs requirement, pm me. List your qualifications, so your points etc.
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,380Member, Arbiter
    edited December 2015
    Darn, I have 20 off-topic.

ETA: I also just realized that only four of them show and I only deserve one out of the ones showing. Does that mean the other 16 are wall posts?
    I don't believe that off-topics are flags. Could be wrong though.
    edited December 2015

@DaBiscuitGod, I thought she meant negative points as in Off-Topic, Abuse, or Spam. If not, I'd love to join!
    edited December 2015
    -failure, disregard post-
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthPosts: 684Member

Don't get my hopes up like that @DaBiscuitGod ...
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkPosts: 5,951Member
    Everywhen said:

I feel that undeserved negative flags, from back in the day when anyone could give them, shouldn't be counted?
    Yeah, perhaps a "Flag Wipe", or something like that.
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamPosts: 2,251Member
    Hmm. I have one off-topic post, does that mean that I can't aspire to be an arbiter one day? :(
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤPosts: 1,361Member
    I'll definitely be an arbiter soon.
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthPosts: 684Member
    Everywhen said:

I feel that undeserved negative flags, from back in the day when anyone could give them, shouldn't be counted?
    How about the requirement to qualify for the 1k point reduction is to have less then 10 negative points given by arbiters and admins? This would get rid of those silly off-topics on walls and be a refreshed start.
  • Steve777Steve777 Jumping through time. 1 s/second.Posts: 1,233Member
    I really don't like the report requirement. What about those of us who don't have high crows?
    I figure off topics aren't flags as they don't fall under the drop down menu like spam and abuse do.
    edited December 2015
    Everywhen said:

Yes. I should be able to check and see if they were given by a known trouble maker etc. We definitely had some issues there.

To clarify, also, anything that negatively impacts your points total on the forum is considered as a negative flag.

Arbiter requirements are not up for debate currently. This change was an administration one, not a player created change.
    Sorry for the confusion, I guess I didn't realize that off-topics have negative points. My bad.

Sorry for the confusion, I guess I didn't realize that off-topics have negative points. My bad.

I actually don't remember and can't test it since it is not active lol. :)
    lisa said:

Whats not active, the point system?

lisa said:

I'm going to make an assumption and say that off-topics giving negative points is turned off...

lisa said:

Oh hi! I was apparently asleep and blind. It's right there.
    lisa said:

lisa said:

So. . . Nothing is inactive?

lisa said:

lisa said:

So. . . Nothing is inactive?

I'm quite confused now. I'm just gonna go eat ice cream in the corner of my house...
    I thought off topic was in the drop down. I forgot it was its own button. It doesn't seem to affect points though from what I can tell.
    lisa said:

I thought off topic was in the drop down. I forgot it was its own button. It doesn't seem to affect points though from what I can tell.

So having a few (Legitimate) Off-Topics isn't considered "Bad" in terms of being an Arbiter, as opposed to (Legitimate) Abuses? @Lisa
    So, @lisa, if I have a couple legitamate OT's, but those are the only negative points I have and I meet all other reauirements, could I become an arbiter?