Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arbiter Applications

12345679»

Comments

• ipadsipads Posts: 2,000Member, Arbiter
    William2 said:

So, @lisa, if I have a couple legitamate OT's, but those are the only negative points I have and I meet all other reauirements, could I become an arbiter?

Nope
  • Steve777Steve777 Jumping through time. 1 s/second.Posts: 1,233Member
    I don't have enough points. :(
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthPosts: 684Member
    Steve777 said:

You have enough, if you have no negative points, ( Off-topic, Spam ) then the minimum requirement is 1k points.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter

Steve777 said:

You have enough, if you have no negative points, ( Off-topic, Spam ) then the minimum requirement is 1k points.
    Sadly he still doesn't have enough points. Don't worry steve, you'll hit 1k soon enough.
  • Vinh225Vinh225 Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, England, UK, Europe, Earth, The UniversePosts: 265Member
    Requirements:1000 forum points.
    I have: 155 forum points.

So close.
  • X_Onyx_XX_Onyx_X Posts: 275Member
    edited January 2016
    wait, I'm confused... So you need toon at least 200 reports in game?

And if yes then how do you find out on how many reports you have voted on?
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesPosts: 3,650Member
    Oh, I remember this. It's kind of improbable for me to become an arbiter now even though I have 2000 points AND no negative points. The reason for that is I never really voted on reports (I didn't even know I could, I thought iron crow wasn't enough) and since I haven't voted on many, I have reports all the way from July at the top of the never ending chasm of useless reports. It's kind of a shame, because I'm not going to spend hours reading through reports from half a year ago.
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,380Member, Arbiter
    May I sign up to be an arbiter? I meet the points goal (barely; 2001, haha), and have been a forum member WELL over 6 months, and have voted on over 200 reports and have a voting score of over 100. Thanks! :3
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,440Member, Arbiter
    PIPTR0 said:

Oh, I remember this. It's kind of improbable for me to become an arbiter now even though I have 2000 points AND no negative points. The reason for that is I never really voted on reports (I didn't even know I could, I thought iron crow wasn't enough) and since I haven't voted on many, I have reports all the way from July at the top of the never ending chasm of useless reports. It's kind of a shame, because I'm not going to spend hours reading through reports from half a year ago.

Indeed....perhaps an option to skip to the most recent page would come in handy...
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamPosts: 2,251Member
    tjergoz said:

PIPTR0 said:

Indeed....perhaps an option to skip to the most recent page would come in handy...
    THey've changed it a bit ago, it now starts on the most recent page. :3
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,440Member, Arbiter
    KittyKupo said:

tjergoz said:

PIPTR0 said:

THey've changed it a bit ago, it now starts on the most recent page. :3
    Ah, thanks for letting me know!
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorPosts: 5,129Administrator
    William2 said:

May I sign up to be an arbiter? I meet the points goal (barely; 2001, haha), and have been a forum member WELL over 6 months, and have voted on over 200 reports and have a voting score of over 100. Thanks! :3

Pm me please and thank you.
  • FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Posts: 1,379Member
    Well @lisa I totally would like to do this however...
    1.) Not enough points
    2.) I will not get paid to do this
    3.) Just trying to report someone is extremely confusing

So sorry!
    edited March 2016
    FreshX said:

So what if you don't get paid? This is volunteer work, you aren't supposed to get paid. You're supposed to do it because you have a good heart.
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤPosts: 1,361Member
    I wish I could be an arbiter. I'd be an awesome one
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,278Member, Arbiter
    Due to one off-topic from the time when anyone could mark anyone, I needs an extra 1k points... something isn't right here!

http://forums.deepworldgame.com/profile/AMWhy
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorPosts: 5,129Administrator
    You only need under 400 to hit 2K. You'll get there!!! And as Sirentist said, pretty much everyone has had to hit the 2K. It's the norm.
  • FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Posts: 1,379Member
    Sirentist said:

AMWhy said:

Due to one off-topic from the time when anyone could mark anyone, I needs an extra 1k points... something isn't right here!

http://forums.deepworldgame.com/profile/AMWhy

Think of it this way: that 1k points isn't an extra penalty for getting an off-topic or whatever. 2k points is the baseline. Nearly all of us had to have 2k points. HOWEVER, if you are so amazing that you've never even gotten one negative flag, then the criterion adjustment is a *reward* for that.
    Now would a red flag also count as an "abuse"?
    I have two of them that I regret having...

Since I am making this comment...
    Iyasumi said:

FreshX said:

Well @lisa I totally would like to do this however...
    1.) Not enough points
    3.) Just trying to report someone is extremely confusing

So sorry!

It's always about money...
    William2 said:

FreshX said:

So what if you don't get paid? This is volunteer work, you aren't supposed to get paid. You're supposed to do it because you have a good heart.
    I meant the pay part as a joke. Sorry if it offended anyone.
  • InteliInteli Posts: 14Member
    edited August 2016
    Ooo, am I still able to apply to become an Arbiter, @lisa ?

Nevermind.
  • CleoAdkins007CleoAdkins007 Land of OzPosts: 1,142Member
    Two queries:

1) How exactly are points obtained? Is it through the number of likes/agrees you get?

2) When I'm reporting, after every 5 or 6 reports I vote on, the system freezes and I have to go out of the page then back in and sometimes it takes a while to load. Is there any way this system could be improved?
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Posts: 1,165Member

Two queries:

1) How exactly are points obtained? Is it through the number of likes/agrees you get?

Likes, agrees, promotes, and badges all give you points. I believe likes, agrees, and promotes all give you one point, and the badges vary. If you click on the badge, I believe it tells you how many points you get.
    I also believe off-topics, spam, abuses, and jail time take points away. I think off-topics, spam, and abuses take away one point, and the jail time varies. I think it's dependent on the "level" of offense. Like, for example, Level 4 jailing takes away more points than a Level 3 jailing.
  • CleoAdkins007CleoAdkins007 Land of OzPosts: 1,142Member

Two queries:

Likes, agrees, promotes, and badges all give you points. I believe likes, agrees, and promotes all give you one point, and the badges vary. If you click on the badge, I believe it tells you how many points you get.
    I also believe off-topics, spam, abuses, and jail time take points away. I think off-topics, spam, and abuses take away one point, and the jail time varies. I think it's dependent on the "level" of offense. Like, for example, Level 4 jailing takes away more points than a Level 3 jailing.
    Okay, thanks for clarifying! :smile:

Requirements:
    - You must have at least 2,000 forum points (amended to add at least 1K forum points with no (ZERO) negative points)
    - You must have been a member for at least six months
    - You must have voted on at least 200 reports and have a report voting score of at least 100 (Note this rule goes into effect in May for new arbiters and June for existing ones).

*The requirements may change at a later date depending on how things go.

@Ahmadhassan2001, not just anybody can become an arbiter; these are the requirements for becoming an arbiter. Good luck! :3
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 4,058Member
    too bad I'm not very active on game and I only just joined the forums.

I have moderated forums before though, so I'll try qualifying, seeya in half a year!
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,123Member, Moderator, Arbiter

@William2 Where do i vote a report

Debator said:

@William2 Where do i vote a report

maybe you should have basic knowledge of the forums and codex before wanting an administrative function
    Eh, there's nothing wrong with expressing the desire to help. Maybe a good place to start would be pointing them in the right direction.

@Ahmadhassan2001 To report, you need to have at least Iron Crow level in game, then log in here:
    http://www.deepworldgame.com/sessions/new

At the top of the page after you log in should be a link to take you to reporting.