Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drafts Not Saving Correctly?

William2William2 Posts: 3,382Member, Arbiter
So, a bit ago I started typing up something massive that I was going to post on the forums. One time, I make a ton of progress, save the draft like ten times, come back to work on it more later, and -poof- half of my hard work is gone. I quit for a while after that, and last night I got bored, so I said, "Hey, why not work on that thing?" Well, I saved it a bunch, come back to it today, and BAM-it's all gone to the place where I started. I want to know why this is, is there a certain character limit for posts? Is my iPad buggy? Is it Vanilla's fault? Have any of you experienced it?

To prevent further deletions, I'm going to type it in a word document and copy and paste in here, but it's rather annoying having so much hard work deleted.

Comments

• SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    There's definitely a character limit. I think it's something like ... I want to say 50k characters? But I've run into that issue when copy/pasting large amounts of text.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    Sirentist said:

There's definitely a character limit. I think it's something like ... I want to say 50k characters? But I've run into that issue when copy/pasting large amounts of text.

I know for sure there is. However, it's strange that drafts have a character limit and posts don't... Or at least as small. I'm pretty sure, though, it's a set limit on how much storage a draft can take up. (50MB, et al)
  • X_Onyx_XX_Onyx_X Posts: 276Member
    edited December 2015
    Sorry to here that. But it is Vanilla...
  • jellysnakejellysnake http://jellysnake.net/Posts: 6,329Member
    What are you using to access the forums? I've had major troubles with using it on a mobile. Saving drafts was one of the issues.
  • Lexus1Lexus1 North Carolina Posts: 404Member
    I have never been able to save drafts. They are never there
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,382Member, Arbiter
    I'm just using Safari on my iPad (I think I have 9.1)