Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELP EMERGENCY GLITCH!

zombiecatcherzombiecatcher Being an edgy kidPosts: 716Member
So, I bought an arctic normal world for 400 crowns, when I got it I quickly changed its name to WHO Fort. But when I decided to make it protected I did /wprotected on. it says 'sorry, you cannot revert your status' or something. I couldn't change my protected status. Also I decided to make the world public. I had to wait, still am. I WANT A REFUND OR A FIX

Comments

• p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    edited December 2015
    /wpublic on/off is reversible

/wprotected is irreversible.

type /whelp should tell you this. (I remember reading somewhere in-game that this was irreversible)

A world is automatically protected when you activate /wpublic. To turn off this feature, and make it a normal, explorable world open to everybody, you would use /wprotected.

Sadly, not a glitch in this case. It's an intended feature.
  • jellysnakejellysnake http://jellysnake.net/Posts: 6,329Member
    edited December 2015
    Don't do anything more in that world.

Then email bytebin. They may be willing to undo it for you
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,382Member, Arbiter
    Now, the world itself comes protected and private when you buy it. If you didn't turn protected off in the first place, it should still be protected. It probably just says that because you can't use the /wprotected on command, not because it was off.
  • zombiecatcherzombiecatcher Being an edgy kidPosts: 716Member
    I didn't turn it off.... I just changed the name
    edited December 2015
    Help me @lisa @mikelaurence . if you don't fix it I wanna refund of 400 crowns. I can't make the world public and it isn't protected. Why can't I make the world protected
  • shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activePosts: 501Member
    If you didn't turn it off it is protected when you buy a world it is protected always even if it is public

If you didn't turn it off it is protected when you buy a world it is protected always even if it is public

When I see it, it doesn't have a lock on it.
  • shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activePosts: 501Member
    Is it non-public?
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter

I didn't turn it off.... I just changed the name

If you did not make the world public, then there is no lock. When you change the name, you can only change it once every 24 hours.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,125Member, Moderator, Arbiter

You did say the world was made public.
    Find a friend. Make sure they aren't a member of the world. Get them to visit.
    See if they can mine.

If it isn't public, don't make it public, because then you can't make it private again for 24h

Or yeah, just send Bytebin an email and ask if they can check the status for you.
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Posts: 1,165Member
    William2 said:

Now, the world itself comes protected and private when you buy it. If you didn't turn protected off in the first place, it should still be protected. It probably just says that because you can't use the /wprotected on command, not because it was off.

^ I think this is the case. If you never typed "/wprotected off" then I don't think the message from "/wprotected on" should apply to you. It may just be a default message for whatever case someone may type it.