Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Liquid Bombs Crisis

MuneebMuneeb Football Ground.Posts: 1,187Member
edited December 2015 in iOS and Mac Clients
Everyone is able to place liquid bombs in the worlds they dont own and its causing alot of problems in the other worlds etc : Times square and cake land!
This problem requires a fix before everything is out of control and the problem is growing to fast! everyone has gone crazy bombarding other worlds with liquids.
@mikelaurence @lisa

imageimage
Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 9.46.57 am.png
725 x 431 - 481K
Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 9.47.03 am.png
954 x 718 - 1M

Comments

• p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    coooool!!! :)
  • zombiecatcherzombiecatcher Being an edgy kidPosts: 716Member
    This is weird, and awesome.
  • ZelsZels Just chilling, in Cedar Rapids.Posts: 129Member
    The New Year's Eve flood everybody!
  • NewGenerationNewGeneration Singapore Posts: 268Member
    Sorry my bad ...I did not notice it will get out of hand as everyone starting following what I did XD
  • EzylribeEzylribe Posts: 266Member
    I'm glad you posted this thread! I feel bad for all the buildings that are now full of liquids...
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Posts: 1,235Member
    Umm, if any action is to be taken, the only thing that can be done is to resolve the bug and roll back the whole game because times was attacked and cake land is just being rampaged. So many players are placing liquid bombs and destroying the works of players.
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,382Member, Arbiter
    FlynnXD said:

Umm, if any action is to be taken, the only thing that can be done is to resolve the bug and roll back the whole game because times was attacked and cake land is just being rampaged. So many players are placing liquid bombs and destroying the works of players.

HAH, I always knew the day would come that Times Square and Cake Land would be atta-Er, I mean, yeah, I think this really needs to be fixed. The devs could easily just remove all of the liquid from the worlds, and maybe if he was feeling nice give the bombs back to people after fixing the bug.
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalacePosts: 6,453Member
    Well, dam. This is definetly not an ice thing for players to do. I hope the devs flush this problem out and make things flow regularly again. Quite the problem to wash out.
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Posts: 1,235Member
    edited December 2015
    I'd say that if he rolled back the game then the items would be returned to the players' inventories but if he individually just removed all liquids placed, then the players would have a 'loss' ( not that they would be too bothered, considering that they placed it without any hesitation just for destroying builds ).

But what I'm wondering is.. How the heck did such a bug even come into existence ? I mean, the liquid bombs are specifically made with a restriction of placing it in our own worlds. I have no idea of coding but isn't this bug a result of just wiping out that bit of code restricting the bomb placing ? How's that even possible? Or maybe mike by mistakenly took out the restriction during the updates..
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    Lyven said:

Well, dam. This is definetly not an ice thing for players to do. I hope the devs flush this problem out and make things flow regularly again. Quite the problem to wash out.

Well played.
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    edited December 2015
    Not surprisingly, Flatline Falls got hit as well. I have temporarily made the world private until this issue is resolved. I sure hope we get a rollback because honestly I don't want to clean that giant mess up.

Edited to add:
    I'm temporarily closing down all my public worlds until this issue is fixed. Apologies to the people I'm kicking out in order to make the worlds private!

Edited again to add:
    Except for Cravenfell. People should feel free to dump all the liquid there they want, ha!
  • SmoothySmoothy LeamingtonPosts: 641Member
    Maybe they have some kind of drain command? I imagine rolling back all of Deepworld would take quite a while or almost impossible. Has anyone else noticed lag in some worlds where liquids are being overplaced?
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesPosts: 3,650Member
    Smoothy said:

Maybe they have some kind of drain command? I imagine rolling back all of Deepworld would take quite a while or almost impossible. Has anyone else noticed lag in some worlds where liquids are being overplaced?

I imagine there would be aloud of lag. The whole reason ocean biomes don't really work is that so much water causes lots of lag. Technically, people are making their own ocean biomes!
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    I'm seeing tons of lag, lots of network timeouts, etc., but not in worlds where people have placed liquids. So far I've only been jumping from one world to another to make them private, so I'm seeing it in private worlds. Weird.
  • CraftworkCraftwork Somewhere where I'm diving in a ocean of jelly while being chased by gummy bearsPosts: 37Member
    Sirentist said:

Not surprisingly, Flatline Falls got hit as well. I have temporarily made the world private until this issue is resolved. I sure hope we get a rollback because honestly I don't want to clean that giant mess up.

Edited to add:
    I'm temporarily closing down all my public worlds until this issue is fixed. Apologies to the people I'm kicking out in order to make the worlds private!

Edited again to add:
    Except for Cravenfell. People should feel free to dump all the liquid there they want, ha!

I agree, this is a BIG issue for some players. Having a rollback seems like... Something that will undo a lot of trades, hours of playing and farming for some players. Maybe just removing the liquid done by these bombs will solve it.
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Posts: 1,247Member
    I'm hoping all these weird happenings means that the devs are working on new and wonderful things! Yay!
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalacePosts: 6,453Member
    Im starting to see why ocean biomes are discontinued (or ar least, seemed to be discontinued).
    This problem should be solved as soon as possible. This situation is basically a trollers wet...nah, seems too inappropriate of a liquid joke...(but you get the idea ;) )
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthPosts: 684Member
    edited December 2015
    Craftwork said:

Sirentist said:

Edited to add:

Edited again to add:

I agree, this is a BIG issue for some players. Having a rollback seems like... Something that will undo a lot of trades, hours of playing and farming for some players. Maybe just removing the liquid done by these bombs will solve it.
    How can the developers pick between griefer liquad and normal liquad in the hundreds of worlds?

The two choices are two A, roll back, or B, go on and let the players clean up the griefer's mess. Either way it's best to make a quick decision so players who did clean aren't wasting time.

I say A because if you didn't know, liquid bombs are HUGE, destructive, and for some, hard to try and clean up ( lava requires a onyx butler bot and both lava and acid damage players ). I don't want to clean up the mess of some **** I shouldn't for a bug the devs created, intentionally or not.
    Post edited by CloudxCloud on
  • Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloPosts: 1,584Member
    edited December 2015
    The devs want us to make our OWN ocean biomes!
  • deepworld-loverdeepworld-lover Sniffing your buttPosts: 7Member
    Sirentist said:

Edited to add:

Edited again to add:

• RandomTranzit21RandomTranzit21 Posts: 16Member
    LAURENCE AND LISA PLAYERS ARE HACKUNG DEEPWORLD AND WE NEED YOU GUYS TICSTIO IT ITS YOUR GAME YOYR IB CHARGE! Were counting on you please. Don't have the game broken by jerks who want to steal others items and hack the best game in the world! Please let this problem be solved!
  • deepworld-loverdeepworld-lover Sniffing your buttPosts: 7Member
    Imagine how long it took to build all these they don't want to have to clean it all up.
    Most of these people don't even play deepworld any more.
    Look at the last pic all the lag!
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 850K
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 981K
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 1017K
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 938K
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 924K
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 924K
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 952K
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 993K
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 884K
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 948K
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 723K
  • _sans__sans_ Burning in hellPosts: 69Member
    Here
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 611K
    I'm lagging a lot.... wow. Cakeland is now underwater pvp xD
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,367Member, Administrator
    Will be fixed shortly.

Will be fixed shortly.

PLEASE FIX IT NOW I really want to play and I've been waiting since yesterday morning.