Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld-Con

KimmykittymasterKimmykittymaster Posts: 46Member
edited July 2016 in Events
I have an idea posted on the link right here:

http://www.deepworldgame.com/ideas/deepworld-con

You should check it out! I think it's a good idea. And it might even happen, in my opinion. I just thought a lot about it.

Update: AHAHA I see your points my fellow ones. So, how about Deepworld can have like a booth at any conventions?

Or maybe Steam can have a convention, or Twitch.
Post edited by Kimmykittymaster on

Comments

• ChickenChicken Posts: 1,368Member
    It would be very expensive to do and expensive for players all around the world to come. Good idea though. Hope it doesn't turn out like the Deepworld world fair!
    If you didn't know, the Deepworld world fair is where the brains got lose and the game started.

If you didn't know, the Deepworld world fair is where the brains got lose and the game started.

It started after the fair. Sorry. After the brains built bunkers and all that.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter

You mean the World Fair?
  • VengeVenge Not from Earth, I think...Posts: 440Member
    edited July 2016
    It's possible, but there are issues such as...
    Which country has the most players?
    For that to be the place to start the con.
    Will other people, not from that country, go there as well?
    And of course... The cost of it all...

If it's a meet to meet place, then I'll "probably" go there. If were in the same country, by the way...
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤPosts: 1,361Member
    Venge said:

It's possible, but there are issues such as...
    Which country has the most players?
    For that to be the place to start the con.
    Will other people, not from that country, go there as well?
    And of course... The cost of it all...

If it's a meet to meet place, then I'll "probably" go there. If were in the same country, by the way...

What language is Deepworld in. So... England and America are the two biggest.
  • VengeVenge Not from Earth, I think...Posts: 440Member
    See... I'm from the far south-east asia, will I go to such event if it's that far...
    Hmm... Probably, depends actually or maybe I won't?
    But remember, the cost of it all...
  • BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Posts: 2,329Member
    i mean...if the deepworld team couldn't afford another developer (whom he has quit for the team)

imagine a deepworld-con
    edited July 2016
    FreshX said:

It would be very expensive to do and expensive for players all around the world to come. Good idea though. Hope it doesn't turn out like the Deepworld world fair!

It started after the fair. Sorry. After the brains built bunkers and all that.
    Why do you have to add comments every time you forget something to add in you last one? Just use the settings tool to update your comment in the top right corner of the comment.

Now, this would probably NEVER happen. I'm sorry to say, but Deepworld isn't like Minecraft. The game isn't popular enough for that to happen. Maybe it will happen one day, who knows? But unless Deepworld becomes big enough for that to happen, it is not likely it will happen.
    I just got back into Forums and I need to figure out things like editing my posts. I'm not sure how adding comments when I forget to add something in the last one effects you, though.

You are right about this Deepworld Con not happening. If it does happen it won't any time soon. I personally hope it does but chances are slim. (edited this into my post)
  • SpyroSpyro We're only people (And theres not much anyone can do about that)Posts: 1,705Member, Arbiter
    edited July 2016

i mean...if the deepworld team couldn't afford another developer (whom he has quit for the team)

imagine a deepworld-con

It doesn't have to be a dev-payed convention, exactly. I have seen some fairly small subreddits do small local meet ups where they just kind of agree to get together and chill.
  • LadySkrillexLadySkrillex At coachellaPosts: 791Member
    It seems pretty far-fetched, mostly because the games that get conventions are super popular, and get sponsored (the only way the event happens). As a small player ratio like Deepworld, the game doesn't receive much publicity or sponsors, so paying for a convention would rely on mostly the devs. Besides, the Deepworld community isn't that immense, and due to the prices of flights nowadays, it would be difficult for many to travel to the location of the convention (assuming it would be located in Chicago). It's a great idea, but it seems a little impossible at the moment.
  • HazmanaHazmana At The Krusty KrabPosts: 548Member
    A Deepworld Con? Quite nonsense!
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,440Member, Arbiter
    Frankly I don't even see the point of it.
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,440Member, Arbiter
    William2 said:

Well, if we get a small loan of a million dollars...

I see that a Deepworld-con would be cool, but sadly, it will most likely never happen. It is not as famous, nor does it have as much money or a big enough player-base as games that get cons, like Minecraft. You'd need to have a lot of sponsors, and a lot of time and effort to put into it.

(I did have this dream one time that I went to a Deepworld-con and we stayed in a huge resort and it was really fun, though :P)

Admit it, I was in the dream
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,124Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    William2 said:

Well, if we get a small loan of a million dollars...

I see that a Deepworld-con would be cool, but sadly, it will most likely never happen. It is not as famous, nor does it have as much money or a big enough player-base as games that get cons, like Minecraft. You'd need to have a lot of sponsors, and a lot of time and effort to put into it.

(I did have this dream one time that I went to a Deepworld-con and we stayed in a huge resort and it was really fun, though :P)

Why not use twitch and do a virtual convention?
    We could totally do that.
  • Lord_KyuubiLord_Kyuubi on the internet, boosting my self esteem with inspect element...Posts: 729Member
    edited July 2016
    VIR
    TUAL
    CON!!!!
    id support it!!!
    maybe have some virtual tea, sit down and chat...
  • CleoAdkins007CleoAdkins007 Land of OzPosts: 1,142Member

VIR
    TUAL
    CON!!!!
    id support it!!!

Tea that we can't even use?
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,278Member, Arbiter
    I remember the first Deepworld Con. Oh wait, that was William2's dream. Still, it was a good one
  • FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Posts: 1,382Member

VIR
    TUAL
    CON!!!!
    id support it!!!

obviously!
    want a cup?
    I'd prefer coffee...
  • Lord_KyuubiLord_Kyuubi on the internet, boosting my self esteem with inspect element...Posts: 729Member
    FreshX said:

VIR
    TUAL
    CON!!!!
    id support it!!!

obviously!
    want a cup?
    I'd prefer coffee...
    here you go!
    image.jpg
    2716 x 1810 - 357K
  • CleoAdkins007CleoAdkins007 Land of OzPosts: 1,142Member
    edited July 2016

VIR
    TUAL
    CON!!!!
    id support it!!!

obviously!
    want a cup?
    I don't drink tea. :confounded: I'll have some of that coffee though!

Edit: Now I'm in the mood for coffee... Even though I need to sleep..
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 Posts: 1,827Member

FreshX said:

VIR
    TUAL
    CON!!!!
    id support it!!!

obviously!
    want a cup?
    I'd prefer coffee...
    here you go!
    Pass the sugar my homie. This coffee taste bitter.
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Posts: 955Member
    I don't know if any of you are classic cartoon fans but since you guys mentioned Chicago and the World's Fair I thought that I'd show you this old cartoon episode for inspiration.

• AspireAspire Posts: 348Member

I don't know if any of you are classic cartoon fans but since you guys mentioned Chicago and the World's Fair I thought that I'd show you this old cartoon episode for inspiration.

I love this! I can actually see this being the worlds fair before the brains destroyed everyrthing
  • ElectroxElectrox Hidden AsylumPosts: 883Member
    not enough players for this
  • zombiecatcherzombiecatcher Being an edgy kidPosts: 716Member
    Easy, just go to a huge school, invite everyone $30 per person and say its a Minecon. Then they would go like "MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE" (literally) and run to Deepworld con.
  • KimmykittymasterKimmykittymaster Posts: 46Member

Easy, just go to a huge school, invite everyone $30 per person and say its a Minecon. Then they would go like "MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE" (literally) and run to Deepworld con.

Haha that's amazing!