Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Lore Theory About Deepworld

PatrickRPatrickR Posts: 134Member
edited December 2018 in General
Hello everyone, I imagine many have been wondering about the story of deepworld. I have come up with my own theory which tries to stray away from fiction and more to reality, examining various objects in the game and factors that some may not have taken into account.

First off we’ll start as to when the game is taking place. We already know it’s in Victorian times somewhere like the beggining of the 20th century. Over the course of my playtime I have noticed a writing on a sack depicting a year:

Now as to how we ended up in this apocalypse scenario. Obviously the brains invaded, but how did we get so soundly defeated? Well my theory is that an organization poisoned food and deprived humanity of any sort of necessities making it extremely hard to survive. This would explain why we cannot drink wine or tea, or eat canned food. Our characters can only eat jerky and fillets and jarred water from caves or lakes.
I would find a symbol found on a wine bottle as supportive of this theory.

I find the “hat” graffiti and the hat on the wine bottle consistent as to links to a secret organization.

Now about the technology we have at the moment. It’s clearly reverse engineered from our brain oppressors as they’re the only other NPCs that use things like Energy Cannons and Jets. However automatons use more conventional weapons such as frost and flame throwers as well as bullets, which may lead to the conclusion that they may be human manufactured although I haven’t formed a theory on the automatons just yet.

I hope you find this interesting and share any other interesting details or your own theories on the game. Have a nice day!
0471F86B-C8B2-4AF9-98BD-BF13F2F6E43B.jpeg
313 x 176 - 74K
3B0E2777-E8C3-452B-9F4C-6AD399200B08.jpeg
340 x 432 - 59K
F4DA9989-B091-445D-893B-8F741FAE12B8.jpeg
409 x 461 - 50K

Comments

• Burr1toPL4YBurr1toPL4Y Posts: 108Member
    I really love this theory. My theory for Hell biome and Deep Biomes is that they're different dimensions and the portals have merged some of the items with them. Like the devils cigar in the deep biome. The ghosts (hell) and shade mushrooms (deep) also have a connection since they both "POOF" into dust. Ghosts can travel through dimensions to harvest shade mushrooms, so why dont you ever see ghosts in a deep biome? Cause they use the maws as a way of escape or hiding. There isn't enough room for everything in those maws, so the ghosts consume acid terrapus which gives them energy. That's why when ghosts die, you sometimes get ectoplasm. The acid that comes from the maws is when a ghost in hiding consumes an acid terrapus.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 790Member
    PatrickR said:

Hello everyone, I imagine many have been wondering about the story of deepworld. I have come up with my own theory which tries to stray away from fiction and more to reality, examining various objects in the game and factors that some may not have taken into account.

First off we’ll start as to when the game is taking place. We already know it’s in Victorian times somewhere like the beggining of the 20th century. Over the course of my playtime I have noticed a writing on a sack depicting a year:

Now as to how we ended up in this apocalypse scenario. Obviously the brains invaded, but how did we get so soundly defeated? Well my theory is that an organization poisoned food and deprived humanity of any sort of necessities making it extremely hard to survive. This would explain why we cannot drink wine or tea, or eat canned food. Our characters can only eat jerky and fillets and jarred water from caves or lakes.
    I would find a symbol found on a wine bottle as supportive of this theory.

I find the “hat” graffiti and the hat on the wine bottle consistent as to links to a secret organization.

Now about the technology we have at the moment. It’s clearly reverse engineered from our brain oppressors as they’re the only other NPCs that use things like Energy Cannons and Jets. However automatons use more conventional weapons such as frost and flame throwers as well as bullets, which may lead to the conclusion that they may be human manufactured although I haven’t formed a theory on the automatons just yet.

I hope you find this interesting and share any other interesting details or your own theories on the game. Have a nice day!

I think that there are so many theories that can’t be explained but no one has got around to even bother with the very small details. However I Love then idea
    :D
  • PatrickRPatrickR Posts: 134Member
    edited December 2018
    Also one fact I’ve noticed is that automatons rarely drop ectoplasm which suggests that they use it for power. My immediate theory was the automatons were made either by the secret organization or the brains to hunt down any survivors.

Also about the hell biome, perhaps the brains have something to do with dark magic and satanism. As they’re the only Mobs who spawn from the mechanical maws, there are no automatons in hell, however the brain biome May suggest that automatons are very well made by the brains, like why would they be in their homeland?

P.S I would like to say that Mike Laurence should try to implement some sort of feature to explain as to what happened in deepworld, for example diaries in wrecked houses or journals (like IronManArcher Suggested). Perhaps add more of a purpose to android memory units, like make them remember who their (supposedly human) masters were?

P.PS I would also like to say lore details should be scarce and not straight forward, I myself would like a mysterious environment where the player can put the pieces together to figure out what somewhat occurred in Deepworld, I would like peoples thoughts on that especially.
  • IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorPosts: 120Member
    The wiki has the story laid out already and I don't recall poison being a thing, but I dig the graffiti stuff since there's nothing out there about it.

The brains being reverse engineered doesn't make sense because people created them.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,879Member
    Ivory said:

The wiki has the story laid out already and I don't recall poison being a thing, but I dig the graffiti stuff since there's nothing out there about it.

The brains being reverse engineered doesn't make sense because people created them.

The wiki just has parts of a theory, and no assembled one has been confirmed by Mike.
  • ForestGumpForestGump Living On A Forest rn, Hbu?Posts: 351Member
    Wow I never thought about that , what a frickin theory!

Ivory said:

The wiki just has parts of a theory, and no assembled one has been confirmed by Mike.
    One would think that if it's in the wiki it would have some legitimacy :/
  • ZhaykZhayk Arctic Blitz, DeepworldPosts: 420Member
    Ivory said:

Ivory said:

I don’t believe that anyone in Bytebin actually has edited the wiki. FANDOM Wikia allows anyone to edit the pages, and it would be much more likely for Mike to use the codex.
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    There's a non-Codex Deepworld wiki?
    Sirentist said:

There's a non-Codex Deepworld wiki?

Yes, there is. I’m not sure who created it or edits the pages.
    Zhayk said:

Ivory said:

Ivory said:

I don’t believe that anyone in Bytebin actually has edited the wiki. FANDOM Wikia allows anyone to edit the pages, and it would be much more likely for Mike to use the codex.
    What? I was talking about the wiki tab on this forum. Also, I believe Quinn works/worked for Bytebin when it was written.
    Ivory said:

Zhayk said:

Ivory said:

Ivory said:

What? I was talking about the wiki tab on this forum. Also, I believe Quinn works/worked for Bytebin when it was written.
    Oh sorry, that’s generally referred to as the codex. I didn’t know there was any lore on there.
    Zhayk said:

Ivory said:

Zhayk said:

Ivory said:

Ivory said:

Oh sorry, that’s generally referred to as the codex. I didn’t know there was any lore on there.
    Well, it looks like I forgot that it was called that. Coming back every so often and seeing the "wiki" tab each time didn't help. Sorry buddy