Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming Soon: Ocean Biome!

Comments

• AuraAura EnglandPosts: 5,075Member, Arbiter

Finally I can build R'lyeh!

I'm so happy, I will no longer be a "Cthulhu out of water"! :D

Hope i can help @LucidCthulhu
  • SaintsOfLASaintsOfLA Posts: 781Member
    hmm... giant pvp full of underwater corridors... time for me to prepare to build it ;)
  • ZapfuryZapfury Posts: 3,142Member
    Abandon ship!! :ar!
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,440Member, Arbiter
    i really want to make the Nautilus now...
  • supersoilder124supersoilder124 Posts: 22Member
    tjergoz said:

Uhhhmmmmm a question, are we even able to create a glass dome with no water in it???? Like, can we drain water in some way???

Umm i think there should be a pump system. I've been wanting to suggest this to the devs for a whyle. Somthing to pump liquids... A pipe system to transfer them...and an end!! It would make draining easyer, you could make fountains in regular biomes, ext... Also, imagine a LAVA FOUNTAIN!! BEST THING EVER!!
    unknown said:

Mechanical fish, please.

I toataly agree!! U can catch a fish (mechanical) and take it to ur home world, and build a fish tank!!! With glass, and multiple fish, coral... Ext!! OMG, I WANT ONE!! 0-0
    JakeTD said:

Awesome. I wonder will there be Sharks ? And will there be Harpoons ?

Sharks would be cool, and a harpoon gun, AMAZING, not just 4 fish, to cook, but u can spear vultures OUT OF THE SKY!!
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Posts: 3,673Member
    New thing for 101Things in Deepworld: drain an ocean world by placing backdrops and draining it with a butler and/or blocks.
    Here are all my suggestions...

Harpoon gun (to be used in all biomes) 6 iron 2 red crystals 1blue crystal 4 brass (use ur imagination, devs!!

Fish, both mechanical and not so much. (Can be captured or killed)

Net, LOOTABLE, for WATER BIOMES ONLY!! To CAPTURE fish and other aquatic life alive.

Coral, like cactus, but a solid object, like a blok. (Multi-color) can be placed in water only

Kelp, like cactus, not solid blok, same almost as coral.

Airship dungeons, with ballons!! Love the idea

Submarines as well!!

The ability to build a MOVING SUBMARINE VEHICLE!! U can craft the parts to do it, or loot them.

The ability to build boats, Steam charged ATV's, Trains, with tracks, and airships, digging machines, ext using the same method of building above.

Also, lastly, make all the gear LOOTABLE. PLZ!!

Plz make use of this comment, and GIVE UR OPINIONS!!!!
  • sleepyCreepersleepyCreeper Fairy Tail, Magnolia.Posts: 746Member
    Omybannangoddesspigmermaidquennthateatsparrots
    That looks AMAZING!!!
  • jellysnakejellysnake http://jellysnake.net/Posts: 6,329Member
    *hyperventilats*
  • DaMorlockDaMorlock Posts: 3,641Member, Arbiter
    Any time estimate on this?
  • Ov3rExposeD12_Ov3rExposeD12_ Posts: 340Member
    This looks Neat as Peat!
    I'm Flabergasted!
  • SirSlothSirSloth AmericuhPosts: 1,399Member

Is it possible to place Earth blocks to "destroy" the water blocks in Ocean biome? What if Earth blocks don't have to destroy the water? Think of it like digging into the earth, and slowly the world's water supply diminishes by this behavior. I can imagine myself placing the earth block above myself to literally push myself down, so this practice might "ruin" the natural ocean look. Could tsunamis clear those player placed earth blocks out once in a while?

Good point. Maybe it shouldn't be possible to place any blocks under a certain amount of depth or certain areas of the water?
  • Andynguyen12Andynguyen12 Posts: 1Member
    When the ocean biome come?
  • ZapfuryZapfury Posts: 3,142Member

It's coming soon, so probably in a few weeks or so.
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Posts: 3,673Member
    edited August 2013

Soon...
  • HerculeHercule Posts: 1,193Member
    What about Sharks that replace brains under water
  • GuardofthedragonGuardofthedragon Stargate CommandPosts: 2,624Member

Is it possible to place Earth blocks to "destroy" the water blocks in Ocean biome? What if Earth blocks don't have to destroy the water? Think of it like digging into the earth, and slowly the world's water supply diminishes by this behavior. I can imagine myself placing the earth block above myself to literally push myself down, so this practice might "ruin" the natural ocean look. Could tsunamis clear those player placed earth blocks out once in a while?

From what I've heard the devs say before, I believe it's the backdrop that holds the water. So when the earth is mined again it just refills to what it was before