Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Ghost Hunter Achievement Glitch?

SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,030Member, Moderator, Arbiter
edited January 4 in Questions
Starting a discussion here so we can free up the Screenshot of the Day thread for screenshots rather than glitch discussions! :)

Are you having trouble with the Ghost Hunter achievement? Kills not seeming to register? Discrepancies on your codex profile page? Percentage on the Achievements panel not going up properly?

Tell us your ghost-hunting woes here...

Comments

• SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,030Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    After some research and math (ugh!) -- it looks like the "Supernatural Kills" on the codex profile page is NOT correctly adding up the different types of kills (revs, dire revs, lord revs, etc.).

For example at this moment (around 10 am Eastern Time on Jan 4 2019), if you add up the different types of mob kills that @derpdee has, the total is 10,017. But the count for "Supernaturals Killed" is only 9323. That's a discrepancy of almost 700 kills.

For @MihirGames the difference is even greater. Added up individually, his supernatural kills amount to 7915, but the codex is only showing a total of 6938, which is 977 kills short.

As for myself, when I first looked, my discrepancy was 173. After some time in the game killing things, my discrepancy is now 112. In my case, however, it's the opposite: added up, my kills fall short of the one shown in the "Supernaturals Killed" slot.

Mysterious! Anyone else seeing weirdness on their codex profile page?
    Also clearly the codex gods like me better than either Mihir or derpdee. Just sayin.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 742Member
    I also want to point out a glitch with crafting for example whenever I craft stone blocks it counts on the codex as either 3 blocks is 1 crafted so if you crafted 100000 the codex would show that you crafted 30-50k and at one point it said 0
    mofc1991 said:

I also want to point out a glitch with crafting for example whenever I craft stone blocks it counts on the codex as either 3 blocks is 1 crafted so if you crafted 100000 the codex would show that you crafted 30-50k and at one point it said 0

Crafting is counted by the number of "crafting events" you perform. So to create 3 pieces of rope from one piece of flax only counts as one crafting event, even though you have crafted 3 things. Another way to think of it is if you had to individually tap each crafting, the number of times you tapped would equal the number on the codex (as opposed to the actual number of things you ultimately created). I agree with you, though: it should count the number of items you actually crafted rather than the number of times you performed a crafting event.

Back on topic:
    I'm wondering if maybe codex kill total count for supernaturals somehow gets confused if you shoot down multiple revs/ghosts with the same blast of energy weapon. I remember deliverances used to only count the number of delivering events rather than the number of ghosts. Like, you could lead ten ghosts to the expiator, then click, and you'd only get credit for one deliverance. Maybe killing them works the same way? Which would totally suck.
  • MihirGamesMihirGames Lost in spacePosts: 292Member
    Alright, so for me 20 kills is 1 supernatural and for legendary ghost hunter it is 10,000 supernatural kills, making this really hard. I believe this is a glitch.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,171Member
    yes i have to kill from 15 to 30 to have my count go up on the codex by 1. not a percent but 1
  • ZhaykZhayk Arctic Blitz, DeepworldPosts: 420Member
    edited January 4
    Sirentist said:

mofc1991 said:

Crafting is counted by the number of "crafting events" you perform. So to create 3 pieces of rope from one piece of flax only counts as one crafting event, even though you have crafted 3 things. Another way to think of it is if you had to individually tap each crafting, the number of times you tapped would equal the number on the codex (as opposed to the actual number of things you ultimately created). I agree with you, though: it should count the number of items you actually crafted rather than the number of times you performed a crafting event.

Back on topic:
    I'm wondering if maybe codex kill total count for supernaturals somehow gets confused if you shoot down multiple revs/ghosts with the same blast of energy weapon. I remember deliverances used to only count the number of delivering events rather than the number of ghosts. Like, you could lead ten ghosts to the expiator, then click, and you'd only get credit for one deliverance. Maybe killing them works the same way? Which would totally suck.
    For clarity, when you click the “Craft many” button on the crafting menu and craft more than 1 set, does it count as 1 item crafted or multiple?

Edit: Grammar
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,769Member
    edited January 4
    Zhayk said:

Sirentist said:

mofc1991 said:

Back on topic:
    For clarity, when you click the “Craft many” button on the crafting menu and craft more than 1 set, does it count as 1 item crafted or multiple?

Each “craft many” event is counted as one event. So if you craft 20 jack-o-lanterns using the “craft many” button for a challenge, it will only count as one challenge/codex point.

Zhayk said:

Sirentist said:

mofc1991 said:

Back on topic:

Each “craft many” event is counted as one event. So if you craft 20 jack-o-lanterns using the “craft many” button for a challenge, it will only count as one challenge/codex point.
    The codex should correctly register the number of crafting events even when you craft many at a time. I regularly craft thousands in one go and the codex registers them just fine. They don't show on your profile in-game, however, until you relog. And changes to the codex can take up to 15 minutes to appear.

Daily challenge counts seem to be a completely separate beast. I do vaguely remember participating in an early crafting challenge and flouncing off in a disgusted huff when I realized that crafting more than one at a time counted as a single crafting event.
    So back on topic. Just killed at least 200+:ghosts of all kinds. None have registered on the codex and it has been over a half hour ago.

@mikelaurence ?
    derpdee said:

So back on topic. Just killed at least 200+:ghosts of all kinds. None have registered on the codex and it has been over a half hour ago.

@mikelaurence ?

According to my records, the number of regular revenants you have killed since yesterday is ... three, lol. All other supernatural counts haven't budged. Including the total count in the top section. Which is weird because it should have at *least* registered the three kills that it grudgingly added to your rev total!

There is definitely something wrong with the way the game is counting supernatural kills.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher STEEEEEEEEEEAM JEETSPosts: 2,769Member
    edited January 5
    Sirentist said:

derpdee said:

@mikelaurence ?

According to my records, the number of regular revenants you have killed since yesterday is ... three, lol. All other supernatural counts haven't budged. Including the total count in the top section. Which is weird because it should have at *least* registered the three kills that it grudgingly added to your rev total!

There is definitely something wrong with the way the game is counting supernatural kills.
    Maybe when someone kills a ghost and the point is added to the codex, the ghost can’t respawn and is dead forever. The other ghosts were tired of their friends and family being killed and took control of the codex to stop the points being added. Other than a few worming their ways through, their plan is very effective.

Maybe when someone kills a ghost and the point is added to the codex, the ghost can’t respawn and is dead forever, so they were tired of being killed and took control of the codex to stop the points being added. Other than a few worming their ways through, their plan is very effective.

Cute but not really helpful, lol
    Wanna come watch me kill some ghosts @Sirentist ?
    Ok, just finished killing at least 40 of all 4 types of ghosts...
    Ooh and I scored this,
    271B7837-E8C5-4C8C-8C25-EB343DE8247D.png
    2048 x 1536 - 3M
    derpdee said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that I thought you hadn't killed as many supernaturals as you said. I was actually trying to support you by talking about how problematic it was that the codex was only registering 3 kills even though you had killed hundreds... and not even registering those three correctly!
    Sirentist said:

derpdee said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that I thought you hadn't killed as many supernaturals as you said. I was actually trying to support you by talking about how problematic it was that the codex was only registering 3 kills even though you had killed hundreds... and not even registering those three correctly!
    No, I was asking if you want to come watch to verify.

I have now personally watched derpdee kill gazillions of supernaturals and have seen how the codex is only registering one or two at best.

I posted a discussion in the Arbiter section asking Mike to come check out this thread and look into the problem. Don't know if that will help but it's all I can do!
    Thank you for your help, time and patience!