Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well this is sad...

Tannerman14Tannerman14 OblivionPosts: 2,246Member

Downloaded deepworld again just to learn its shutting down. Imma miss all my friends on here. Would tag yall but theres too many to remember.

Comments

• iSpeakiSpeak MassachusettsPosts: 95Member

It was bound to happen eventually...

• Tannerman14Tannerman14 OblivionPosts: 2,246Member

So? What's your point? Myself and my friends have put years into this game, it's kinda sad to see it go. The inevitably of it is irrelevant.

• MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesPosts: 3,131Member
    edited July 18
    The inevitiabilty of all mmos is that they will all, at some point, come to an end. One day, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next year, maybe not for 20 more years, World of Warcraft will shut down (It'll be a sad day for gamers all around, even if they never played WoW).

The inevitiability is the point. Deepworld reached it's point, being extremely limited in the playerbase that can access it (Majority are iOS users). [argument-provoking stuff about computer systems removed]

Sad, no. Expected, Yes.
    Seen a few mmos come and go in less time than deepworld has been around, so just be happy it lasted this long.
    Post edited by Sirentist on
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    Sorry guys, no arguments about how crappy certain operating systems are or aren't. Too easy for an entire forum to get polarized around Apple vs. Android, etc., and that seems like a crappy way to spend the last days of the game and forum.

-skips around throwing rainbow glitter and unicorn dust-
    -made from real unicorns-
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesPosts: 3,131Member

I mean, the game supports both, but the point remains the same. Game never really branched out of its extremely limited platform.

• IvoryIvory r/Deepworld ModeratorPosts: 122Member
  • iSpeakiSpeak MassachusettsPosts: 95Member
    Ivory said:
    I’m still confused.
  • VickyTheExplorerVickyTheExplorer Rising from the grave.Posts: 413Member
    It's sad to see the place with so many memories shut down. I kind of wished this game would've stayed on strong, but all good things must end. RIP Deepworld. It had a decently long run.